• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Destiny, v9: The Taken King

Mainez,

Love how you got jack shit for being the top scorer. haha I still think the top scorer should be guaranteed a drop, while everybody else is RNG. Worst I saw on the very rare occasion in IB when I was on top was me getting shit and other people getting 310+ gear... fucking made me lose my mind.

Mainez,

Love how you got jack shit for being the top scorer. haha I still think the top scorer should be guaranteed a drop, while everybody else is RNG. Worst I saw on the very rare occasion in IB when I was on top was me getting shit and other people getting 310+ gear... fucking made me lose my mind.
Yeah, I don't know if it's confirmation bias on my part, but I'm almost certain the bottom ranks get better drops.

Just saw your post about the kotaku article, yeah I shared it because it's destiny related but I'm always skeptical of kotaku info.

Keep playing, get new shit. I was pretty butthurt when TTK first dropped and all of my already acquired stuff was basically useless, but it didn't take long to get over it. I still miss my elemental primary weapons, but it's not a huge problem like I thought it would be. The game is still fun and still has some of the best mechanics of a shooter ever... try not to take it too seriously and get too attached to a digital piece of armor. ; )
I don't care about the armor from year 1 the only piece I really liked they made year 2. I just miss the weapons like Ice Breaker, Gjallarhorn, and a few pre HoWs weapons now you get enough marks and buy whatever you want and have some year one guns taking up space until you delete them for more room. I kind of miss the old upgrade system with the ascendant shards and energy it made doing public events worthwhile.

tru3f4n,

Yeah, some of those year 1 weapons were amazing. Gjallarhorn was always always always my heavy... to be honest it's kind of nice to use my heavy slot for different weapons, especially the swords. I'm hoping they add some more melee weapons... I think a Titan would be awesome with a battle axe!

I don't even remember anymore... did we get ascendant materials for doing public events? I don't mind the motes system currently as it's nice to not have to worry about ascendant shards/energy, radiant shards/energy, etheric light. It's all been boiled down to one upgrade material and I think it kind of makes more sense this way.

yeah the public events gave out ascendant materials then they tried to fix it and you only got stuff from the first one of the day. I didn't mind those ascendant upgrades those was fine you got those fairly easily crota's raid shit was a pain and so was the etheric light.

I don't care about the armor from year 1 the only piece I really liked they made year 2. I just miss the weapons like Ice Breaker, Gjallarhorn, and a few pre HoWs weapons now you get enough marks and buy whatever you want and have some year one guns taking up space until you delete them for more room. I kind of miss the old upgrade system with the ascendant shards and energy it made doing public events worthwhile.
I actually liked my year one armor for the way it looked. I have a full set of the titan crota armor that I love, they should have kept etheric light for armor.

I wish they'd allow armor forging for legendary gear also.

I wish they'd allow armor forging for legendary gear also.

Yeah, this would be nice. I have 3 chest pieces for my hunter, all 318+, and they all have the "Carry more ammo for sidearm" perk. I love sidearms, especially for PvP, but it would be nice to get one with a different perk... like sniper ammo.

Woah woah woah, hold on. Did you say you RE ROLLED your Dead Orbit Sniper, Tanker?

I didn't know re-rolling is a thing anymore. WTF am I missing here????

Regarding year one shit, I have a vault full of year one Faction armour sets, Iron Banner sets, etc that I love and don't want to delete.
My hunter has full sets from all three factions on year two, and two factions from year one. I miss a LOT of the weapons too. That's just the way it is.

Woah woah woah, hold on. Did you say you RE ROLLED your Dead Orbit Sniper, Tanker?

I didn't know re-rolling is a thing anymore. WTF am I missing here????

Regarding year one shit, I have a vault full of year one Faction armour sets, Iron Banner sets, etc that I love and don't want to delete.
My hunter has full sets from all three factions on year two, and two factions from year one. I miss a LOT of the weapons too. That's just the way it is.

You're missing what I said. haha I said "During House of Wolves." It was the scout rifle they had.. thing was a beast once I got that really cool roll.

My vault was full of year 1 stuff for a while. Slowly, but surely, I've gotten rid of almost all of it. I still kept my Vex Mythoclast, Praedthy's Timepiece, and Atheons Epilogue to fulfill the elemental kill bounties. Also, that Vex is still probably the coolest and most interesting weapon in the game. It's a shame they let that thing wither away and die.

Damn I must have read it wrong. I was about to shit a brick if there was a way to reforge all this time I was missing it!

Stabby, yeah, sometimes I wish, but I have to say the thrill was lost quite quickly when we were able to make god-rolls on all of our weapons so easily.

So, on Reddit, a post was supposedly made by a Bungie programmer who is working on Destiny. The Reddit moderaters removed it pretty quickly as the source wouldn't reveal themselves. Somebody was able to screenshot the post before it was removed and they put it here.

It's worth a look and it really does sound like one hell of a frustrated programmer reading the forums. haha

Figures I can't see it. Work computers. Filters. etc.

Figures I can't see it. Work computers. Filters. etc.

Basically, he states that he does hear us, and understands our gripes. They can't speak to anything new coming out because nothing is concrete yet, but he does promise that they are working on tons of new shit. The Live Team who do the events and what not are down to only a few programmers, so that's why things are coming out so slowly. He somewhat confirms the Kotaku article which was talking about how difficult it is to develop Destiny content due to the engine taking 12+ hours to load a planet. This leads to horrific delays in the creation of new content.

The Dark Below and House of Wolves were already being worked on before the release of Destiny, so that's why we were able to see DLC so regularly last year.

Last edited:
Yeah, if this guy is actually a programmer with Bungie, then we all need to sit back and grab a Snickers... we're going to be here waiting for a while.

In a game like Destiny if new content isn't coming out at least semi-annually, then it's just going to slow down and die. Right now people are pretty bored with the current content and we don't know if there's anything coming in the near future. Bungie has hinted at some kind of DLC-sized content in the future, but who knows when? Maybe they will tell us here on Thursday.

Nightfall this week is Dust Palace with Solar Burn, Airborne, IronClad, and Brawler. Should be a pretty easy Nightfall... also you can farm for Treads Upon Stars (Scout Rifle) and the Psion Flayer Cloaks. For anybody who doesn't know, the cloak can drop from whichever Flayer you kill last. So if you kill the solar one last you have a chance at the solar cloak dropping.

Whoever thought rift was a good idea for Iron Banner should probably be ignored next time he has an idea. Already running into streamers running with 6 man fireteams hoping to spawn trap so they can pub stomp.

Whoever thought rift was a good idea for Iron Banner should probably be ignored next time he has an idea. Already running into streamers running with 6 man fireteams hoping to spawn trap so they can pub stomp.
or better yet taken out in a back alley and kneecapped lag sucked when playing control and clash now redbared cunts are just running right through my super and scoring like it's nothing.

or better yet taken out in a back alley and kneecapped lag sucked when playing control and clash now redbared cunts are just running right through my super and scoring like it's nothing.

I haven't ran into that yet. I'm fully expecting too. Closest I've come is a bladedancer that was teleporting across the map and wouldn't die from a shotgun and melee while inside my armor of light.

Yeah, the lag is still pretty significant today. Hopefully tomorrow, after the update to the matchmaking algorithm, we'll see much better matches with less lag.

Back