Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how many here are familiar with the stream Gothalian, but he's actually separating his channel entirely from Destiny. He's changing the subscriber icons (which are currently the Destiny ghost) to something else and he's pretty upset.

Looks like Datto is in the same camp as well... he's been doing his "Weekly Xur" video ever since the 1st week of Destiny and in his last video he's saying he's probably done with these videos for a while. We'll see what comes of that, but sometime during TTK era he went from "DattoDoesDestiny" to just "Datto."

I think the consensus here is "Come back in September of 2018" and see how the game is after the "Comet" expansion. Seems like everything is just falling apart and they can't get a grip on it right now. The LIVE team was put in such a shitty place with D2 and now they're basically being tasked with reconstituting it into D1. We'll see what happens but when the most common comment from D2 updates is "that shit should have been in the game from the start" you know there's some massive problems.

Think I might invest some time in the newest Doom game... bought it a while back during a sale but never played it.
What's really left for them to stream but the repetitive cycle of BS. Datto seemed fairly cool headed about most this shit going on until CoO came out and pretty much said it was to little to late. When streamers have to start playing hide in seek in the tower for video content you know there aint shit to do.

some bungie executives or upper management needs to get the axe and be fired. they really are killing destiny.. I've never seen this game at such a low point. the direction they took this game is so dumb and bad it boggles my mind they thought this game was okay to ship.
I am finally convinced that Bungie is completely fucked in the head. They should be striving to bring us their BEST, but instead they continually throttle back and are holding out. They are shooting themselves in the foot with player like me. I want consistency in drops and rewards, not bullshit manipulation.

I am super-amped on the Console release of Spacehulk: Deathwing. I am trying to convince some people from my Clan to get it. But I am a huge 40K fanboy and I don't know if it would appeal to any non-fanboys.

I am finally convinced that Bungie is completely fucked in the head. They should be striving to bring us their BEST, but instead they continually throttle back and are holding out. They are shooting themselves in the foot with player like me. I want consistency in drops and rewards, not bullshit manipulation.

I think it's just abysmal management and/or egos clashing hard at the the top levels. That and their godawful engine they keep blaming. "Our AI is too complex for 60fps on consoles" "Content creation is hard" = "our engine is dogshit."

I get the guns take much longer to design and test as opposed to a sword in Diablo 3 but man, did they not plan for that? Taking away random rolls significantly shrunk the loot pool as well.

Every article coming out is "Bungie Apologizes (Again)" and "Destiny Has Another Problem" LOL. Sad but very hilarious.

I am super-amped on the Console release of Spacehulk: Deathwing. I am trying to convince some people from my Clan to get it. But I am a huge 40K fanboy and I don't know if it would appeal to any non-fanboys.

I watched some videos and this game moves SLOW. Good looking game and not bad FPS action but everything was so slow... nowhere near as dynamic as Destiny. All the videos I watched it felt like the player was moving through molasses the entire time. Some cool weapons and abilities though so I can see the appeal.

Last edited:
I watched some videos and this game moves SLOW. Good looking game and not bad FPS action but everything was so slow... nowhere near as dynamic as Destiny. All the videos I watched it felt like the player was moving through molasses the entire time. Some cool weapons and abilities though so I can see the appeal.

Yeah, very different worlds.
For context, a Space marine in Terminator Armour is more of a walking tank. The term "Terminator armour" is actually a nickname for what is properly known as "Tactical Dreadnaught Armour". They are indeed slow and lumbering suits, and armed to the teeth with heavy weapons. THis game is NOT a "Run and Gun" FPS. It is more of a "Stand and Slaughter" FPS.

The typical Space Marine armour sets are better represented in games like "Space Marine", in which movement and agility have a role.

....but for sure this game, Spacehulk Deathwing, is true to the lore and accurate to the 40K universe with the slow movement and ultra-fucking-deadly arsenal. I have it on PC and have played it a bit, but I hate KBD/M so I chose to wait for the Console release. If I wasn't such a die hard 40K nerd, I don't know if I would like this game or not because I am a run & gun player; but I am a 40K nerd and I totally love it.

It's is waves of enemies in horde-mode with an objective, basically, like Left 4 Dead kind of but with Genestealers.

Without a doubt, it is a very niche market for this game.

Last edited:
they are already starting to work on D3 I forget what youtube guy said it but he was like why start having people work on D3 when you need everyone you have getting D2 to work right. My consistency with rewards and drops has been the same just getting the same shit again and again and every masterwork I've gotten has been shit.

I think it's just abysmal management and/or egos clashing hard at the the top levels. That and their godawful engine they keep blaming. "Our AI is too complex for 60fps on consoles" "Content creation is hard" = "our engine is dogshit."

I get the guns take much longer to design and test as opposed to a sword in Diablo 3 but man, did they not plan for that? Taking away random rolls significantly shrunk the loot pool as well.

Every article coming out is "Bungie Apologizes (Again)" and "Destiny Has Another Problem" LOL. Sad but very hilarious.
I really don't get the static rolls at all on any of the gear armour included trying to mismatch pieces together just to get my hunter a decent amount of recovery and resilience is a pain. I mean I believed them when they said they did it to be able to work on it easier but after the way the game turned out I think that was just more bs.

I logged on last nite and went to Xur to buy that “whatever” engram..

Bought it aaaannnddd I got the crimson handgun. Final exotic on this list. I have the necessary masterworks weapons for raids and all the collected all the weapons in mercury.

There’s nothing to do. Fuck this game and bungie for fuckin up D2..

I barely had a chance to play during the faction week. Went Future War Cult. Got the SMG, their hand cannon masterworked, a cloak, and I think the arms. Was hoping for the scout. When do we find out who wins?

I barely had a chance to play during the faction week. Went Future War Cult. Got the SMG, their hand cannon masterworked, a cloak, and I think the arms. Was hoping for the scout. When do we find out who wins?

Once the reset happens in the tower (or Traveler) I think over Lord Shaxx, there will be the banner of the winning faction. So reset and they don't usually announce it and there's just the banner.

Faction Rally wasn't terrible this time but there's just so little to do in the game. My characters are all 334 so I'm running my Milestones each week, just for shits and giggles, to try and bring them up to 335... I have no idea why, but I guess that's the addiction of Destiny. haha

Once the reset happens in the tower (or Traveler) I think over Lord Shaxx, there will be the banner of the winning faction. So reset and they don't usually announce it and there's just the banner.

Faction Rally wasn't terrible this time but there's just so little to do in the game. My characters are all 334 so I'm running my Milestones each week, just for shits and giggles, to try and bring them up to 335... I have no idea why, but I guess that's the addiction of Destiny. haha

I am at like 333-332, depending on the loadout. I can't for the life of me get a powerful pulse to infuse or a maxed Vigilance Wing. And my Curtain Call/Blue Shift is stuck at like 330.

I have run all of the strikes/public events a million times. I have really just been doing a few a week. I play mostly Crucible. I'd like to do Trials, but my buds are more pve guys.

The winner of the Faction Rally has been revealed :

New-Monarchy-660x291_feature.jpg

I am at like 333-332, depending on the loadout. I can't for the life of me get a powerful pulse to infuse or a maxed Vigilance Wing. And my Curtain Call/Blue Shift is stuck at like 330.

I have run all of the strikes/public events a million times. I have really just been doing a few a week. I play mostly Crucible. I'd like to do Trials, but my buds are more pve guys.

You guys are using the creep method right? I hit 335 on the first week after the DLC dropped. There’s no way u guys aren’t 335 by now (even if you aren’t running nightfall and/or raid)..

Ps.. that curtain call is 330 (so 325 + leg mod).. so u can’t find a 326 or above rocket launcher at all?

You guys are using the creep method right? I hit 335 on the first week after the DLC dropped. There’s no way u guys aren’t 335 by now (even if you aren’t running nightfall and/or raid)..

Ps.. that curtain call is 330 (so 325 + leg mod).. so u can’t find a 326 or above rocket launcher at all?

LOL, I don't know what the creep method is. And I can't get a decent rocket. I get only fusions, play of the game, and snipers. LOL

On my Titan I haven't gotten a single powerful boot engram, or drop, in 4 weeks of doing Milestones. Same goes for my Titan mark, so my boots are 334 and my mark is 332. I also haven't gotten a single powerful scout rifle and my MW Nameless Midnight is stuck at 329.

LOL, I don't know what the creep method is. And I can't get a decent rocket. I get only fusions, play of the game, and snipers. LOL

I am assuming all your weapons and armor have a legendary mod (purple).. if not u need to make them (grind for glimmer to buy blue ones to make them, or scrap purple ones u don’t need and make new ones)

So let’s say also say all your weapons and gear are exactly 330 (325 + 5 for mod). You are looking for anything that is level 326 (without a legendary mod). As soon as u find that, infuse it into what u are wearing or using and that item becomes 331. So u creep up by looking for items that boost up by 1 or 2 until you can’t creep anymore. Then you cash in the powerful engram from legendary strikes, nightfall, etc..

What I do is creep till it’s maxed, cash a powerful engram. That should level u up, creep again, max it the cash another one. Rinse and repeat. Weapons can be transferred from character to character obviously.

On my Titan I haven't gotten a single powerful boot engram, or drop, in 4 weeks of doing Milestones. Same goes for my Titan mark, so my boots are 334 and my mark is 332. I also haven't gotten a single powerful scout rifle and my MW Nameless Midnight is stuck at 329.

Destiny hates your guts lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back