Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny hates your guts lol

I've gotten about 15 fucking powerful sidearms and not to mention my constant supply of Lincoln Green pulse rifles. All my weapons are 335, but getting the right drops have been frustrating. My Warlock and Hunter are in the same boat just needing 1 or 2 levels of light to make it to 335. Again, 335 means nothing in this game so it's not a big deal at all.

I've gotten about 15 fucking powerful sidearms and not to mention my constant supply of Lincoln Green pulse rifles. All my weapons are 335, but getting the right drops have been frustrating. My Warlock and Hunter are in the same boat just needing 1 or 2 levels of light to make it to 335. Again, 335 means nothing in this game so it's not a big deal at all.
And yet 335 seems to mean everything to a cross section of neckbeards that can't seem to beat Calus. I've seen guys get passed over for 300 light content that were in the 320s

And yet 335 seems to mean everything to a cross section of neckbeards that can't seem to beat Calus. I've seen guys get passed over for 300 light content that were in the 320s

LMAO... yeah, some people are idiots but that's just how they roll. If I ran across someone like that I wouldn't want to be on their fire team anyway.

Ennui hit me like a sack of bricks around two weeks ago. I can barely work up the enthusiasm to the milestones that can be completed solo.

I am assuming all your weapons and armor have a legendary mod (purple).. if not u need to make them (grind for glimmer to buy blue ones to make them, or scrap purple ones u don’t need and make new ones)

So let’s say also say all your weapons and gear are exactly 330 (325 + 5 for mod). You are looking for anything that is level 326 (without a legendary mod). As soon as u find that, infuse it into what u are wearing or using and that item becomes 331. So u creep up by looking for items that boost up by 1 or 2 until you can’t creep anymore. Then you cash in the powerful engram from legendary strikes, nightfall, etc..

What I do is creep till it’s maxed, cash a powerful engram. That should level u up, creep again, max it the cash another one. Rinse and repeat. Weapons can be transferred from character to character obviously.

That is pretty much what I have been doing

Weird.. u are just unlucky then my friend..
It's all rng bullshit all my guys have 335 weapons but my titan needs a 335 chest piece but the only way to get 330/335 shit is the weekly shit and exotic engrams once you get to 334. I do the weekly shit just not the raid, trials, or nightfall but members of my clan runs the nightfall and pvp so that's 2 extra chances for 335 shit. I've gotten the helm of saint-14 and the crab helm plus millions of other repeat shit but no chest piece. My Hunter needs a cloak and my Warlock needs boots and a bond and its not because I aint playing because up until a couple weeks ago I was still grinding for shit.

It's all rng bullshit all my guys have 335 weapons but my titan needs a 335 chest piece but the only way to get 330/335 shit is the weekly shit and exotic engrams once you get to 334. I do the weekly shit just not the raid, trials, or nightfall but members of my clan runs the nightfall and pvp so that's 2 extra chances for 335 shit. I've gotten the helm of saint-14 and the crab helm plus millions of other repeat shit but no chest piece. My Hunter needs a cloak and my Warlock needs boots and a bond and its not because I aint playing because up until a couple weeks ago I was still grinding for shit.

My Hunter is stuck where every single exotic engram has been a helmet for at least the last month. I have lost count the number of times I've received the Graviton Forefit recently. My Warlock gets gauntlets every single time... just unreal. Somebody brought up a good point on a Reddit thread about how they were wondering if the seed for the RNG was glitched or stuck because they were having some serious issues with repeats. I'm curious myself as I get sniper rifles at probably a rate of 10 : 1 to any other power weapon. Same goes for primary weapons... almost always pulse rifles. I wish there was a way to look up the drops I've received and see the actual numbers.

I had some horrible RNG related drought drops in D1 but never really this bad. Again, it doesn't matter at all, but it's certainly frustrating.

My Hunter is stuck where every single exotic engram has been a helmet for at least the last month. I have lost count the number of times I've received the Graviton Forefit recently. My Warlock gets gauntlets every single time... just unreal. Somebody brought up a good point on a Reddit thread about how they were wondering if the seed for the RNG was glitched or stuck because they were having some serious issues with repeats. I'm curious myself as I get sniper rifles at probably a rate of 10 : 1 to any other power weapon. Same goes for primary weapons... almost always pulse rifles. I wish there was a way to look up the drops I've received and see the actual numbers.

I had some horrible RNG related drought drops in D1 but never really this bad. Again, it doesn't matter at all, but it's certainly frustrating.
I keep getting smgs, sidearms, and swords and since the CoO launch most of my exotic armour has been those damn aeon guantlets , shinobu's vow, ophidian aspect, and those two new titan helms most the time it's shit that I have on. With D1 if you had shit rng you still might get a shit piece of gear but the roll might make it decent. I ran the weekly call to arm with my warklock and after 6 matches with the pvp boon the end of match rewards, the pvp engram, pvp tokens, and weapon parts I probably got 18-20 pieces of gear all of which got sharded.

Tanker, when you go to collect your reward engrams with your Titan, make sure you equip Rare (Blue) boots.

I hit the Faction Rally up on Sunday and Monday night and powered through a bunch of shit, just because I wanted to get the full Dead Orbit outfit for my Hunter.

I got everything with all the ornaments, and in the process I probably deleted about 10 of those stupid break-action grenade launchers. All I wanted was the autorifle.

Last edited:
LOL, I have gotten a million Aeon Swifts.

It seems like the rewards I always get are Critical Sass and the Play of the Game.

I don't know if y'all picked up the autorifle from New Monarchy or not, but if you like the Halfdan, I highly suggest you go get it. Slow firing, hard hitting and I like the Scope options on it. I think it will disappear after reset next week, so....

There are bizarre dudes farming Eater of Worlds for some reason I cannot figure out. I was in a group the other day with guys that had absurd amounts of clears on their emblem. One was in the 80s, the other had like 150. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
There are bizarre dudes farming Eater of Worlds for some reason I cannot figure out. I was in a group the other day with guys that had absurd amounts of clears on their emblem. One was in the 80s, the other had like 150. Am I missing something here?

Possibly streamers or speed runners?

I don't know if y'all picked up the autorifle from New Monarchy or not, but if you like the Halfdan, I highly suggest you go get it. Slow firing, hard hitting and I like the Scope options on it. I think it will disappear after reset next week, so....
I saw the destinyfunpolice guy running it on the pc in a control match on what should've been a decent map for it and he was getting out gunned by handcannons, smgs, and other auto rifles while using it. It probabaly comes down to play style but it seems like every slow firing gun in this game is shit outside of power weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back