Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the destinyfunpolice guy running it on the pc in a control match on what should've been a decent map for it and he was getting out gunned by handcannons, smgs, and other auto rifles while using it. It probabaly comes down to play style but it seems like every slow firing gun in this game is shit outside of power weapons.
Interesting. I run the Halfdan in the Crucible and have great results, but I haven't tried this new NM one yet.

Interesting. I run the Halfdan in the Crucible and have great results, but I haven't tried this new NM one yet.

You have to remember the game is different on PC due to no recoil / auto-aim. They have a totally different meta over there with hand cannons dominating everywhere in the short to medium range.

I played a game last night on Endless Vale against someone with it and they had quite a bit of success. On Xbox.

You have to remember the game is different on PC due to no recoil / auto-aim. They have a totally different meta over there with hand cannons dominating everywhere in the short to medium range.
it was smgs that was getting him mostly and team shot from auto rifles but when he was going 1v1 with the dead orbit handcannon it would get him too but he was staying short to medium range vs the range those two auto rifle are ment to be used. He even said before the match it wasn't going to work with his "aggressive" play style which seems like a bad way to play on the fortress map.

I'm not looking forward to the IB being control there's just something about control in D2 I don't like that was my favorite PvP gamemode in D1 too. Maybe it's that it just feels so much slower then clash and supremacy or having to depend on randoms to play the objective.

Also prometheus lens getting a damage buff, and the perk will generate ammo instead of pulling it from reserves
<Baelish01>

Props to Bungie for actually giving us USEFUL information rather than the same old "increased, decreased" bullshit. The Raid mods look like they will be interesting and if they work out well I'm sure we'll see some Trials mods.

Overall I'm kind of excited about this upcoming Iron Banner. It like that it's Control, and not "generic quickplay", and while I still don't enjoy the PvP of D2 I really like the look of the new scout rifle. I'll get my ass in there and play for a while and see what happens.

My only gripe is why in the flying fuck do they always do maintenance on reset day? That's usually the only day I have to play and out here on the east coast it's usually 3-4pm before the game comes back online. Yes... I know Europe and other countries get screwed much worse, but who cares about them? ; )

Cheers everybody!

My only gripe is why in the flying fuck do they always do maintenance on reset day? That's usually the only day I have to play and out here on the east coast it's usually 3-4pm before the game comes back online. Yes... I know Europe and other countries get screwed much worse, but who cares about them? ; )

Cheers everybody!
it's like they do it every week now too I never recall D1 being down this much but the reset was at 4am for me now it's 11am in D2. Was they having ppl come in early to do shit in D1 or just not having ppl doing the maintenance until a new patch/update came out? I know they released the IB at a later time then the weekly reset but never recall them having downtime every week.

it's like they do it every week now too I never recall D1 being down this much but the reset was at 4am for me now it's 11am in D2. Was they having ppl come in early to do shit in D1 or just not having ppl doing the maintenance until a new patch/update came out? I know they released the IB at a later time then the weekly reset but never recall them having downtime every week.

I guess we shouldn't be complaining that they're actually doing the proper maintenance ahead of time before things become a problem. Remember a few years ago, I think it was during the winter holidays, that something was going funky and people were dying for no reason from just walking across flat surfaces or from a small jump? I'm pretty sure I recall them stating it was due to some kind of "gremlin" in the system which was fixed with a quick hour long "server maintenance" session.

The later rest sucks as well... I am wondering if they have changed the way things work. Iron Banner used to be turned on by a switch (Bungie's term), but now it seems like they have to take the servers down and do things to turn on IB or the Faction Rallies.

I guess we shouldn't be complaining that they're actually doing the proper maintenance ahead of time before things become a problem. Remember a few years ago, I think it was during the winter holidays, that something was going funky and people were dying for no reason from just walking across flat surfaces or from a small jump? I'm pretty sure I recall them stating it was due to some kind of "gremlin" in the system which was fixed with a quick hour long "server maintenance" session.

The later rest sucks as well... I am wondering if they have changed the way things work. Iron Banner used to be turned on by a switch (Bungie's term), but now it seems like they have to take the servers down and do things to turn on IB or the Faction Rallies.
you talking about when ppl was dying in pvp when walking off buses and shit or dying when casting the ward of dawn seeing those rage videos was funny. I understand why they are doing it but it just seem they are having to do it more then they should. It kinda feels like stuffs broken and they are just patching it up instead of fixing it as they go.

went on looked at the IB weapons and cashed in my stockpile of Titan tokens and got nothing but junk so deleted the game I'll check back in a few months.

Hahahaha tru3f4n. "Deleted the game" again huh?

I played IB last night and had a blast. I've been trying to play video games less these days because I simply was playing them too much for too long. Anyways I finally got on last night for a bit.

I completed all three challenges with all three characters and bought the Scout Rifle. Not really sure how I feel about it. It has an amazing fire rate and is full auto, but only "kinda" stable. It might be worth Masterworking it if I could get a Stability perk increase, but I don't know if that is possible, because I have re-rolled my Halfdan about 15 times and still never ONCE gotten a Stability perk increase.

I might ask about that on Reddit. I turned in enough tokens for one engram, and got the Shotgun, so that was pretty sweet. I'm not sure if I will bother with the Hand Cannon. We'll see.

What is wrong with Destiny 2? I have heard that many people have stopped playing.

What is wrong with Destiny 2? I have heard that many people have stopped playing.
it's not a proper sequal. in many ways it's just a shitty reboot. it almoat feels like it's a cheap knock off of Destiny 1.

it's not a proper sequal. in many ways it's just a shitty reboot. it almoat feels like it's a cheap knock off of Destiny 1.

I don't think D2 is a bad game, but the issue was that about 1/3 of the way through the life of Destiny 1 the development teams split. One very small team was left behind to continue to improve D1 and over ~2 years they made some amazing progress. By the time D2 launched Destiny 1 was a very fun game and in a very good place. Unfortunately it appeared as though the team which went on to develop D2 didn't take a single iota of data from the D1 team and made what is essentially a new game. Rather than taking what worked well from the end of D1 they went and re-invented the wheel and most of the players aren't happy with the results.

The loot in D2 is boring... the perks on the weapons don't change and a ton of fun weapons were moved from a "secondary" slot and put into a "power slot." Unfortunately that power slot includes rocket launchers so there's basically no time in this game where any of the other "power" weapons is more beneficial than a rocket launcher. In place of that "secondary" slot we ended up with another primary weapon which does elemental damage to shields, and is slightly weaker than the normal primary weapons. So in making this massive change to the weapon system we have lost out on an entire series of weapons which were fun to use, and now we spend a lot of time just plinking away at bosses with two primary weapons.

They also went backwards by bringing in micro-transactions as the primary means to acquiring loot, although they have just made some good strides in reversing that decision (thank you Battlefront II). Overall the sequel feels just as crisp and amazing as the first game in terms of graphics and controls, but everywhere else it feels like it has regressed quite a bit. There is a strong feeling among the players that the designers made a game that none of the players wanted and it shows and especially so with how they modified the PvP. It's now MUCH slower, time-to-kill is quite a bit higher, and this has changed the way players move around the map. Essentially it has forced players to team up and team-shoot to get kills, so much of the PvP is people just shooting down a hallway and that gets boring and repetitive super quickly.

Unfortunately it appeared as though the team which went on to develop D2 didn't take a single iota of data from the D1 team and made what is essentially a new game. Rather than taking what worked well from the end of D1 they went and re-invented the wheel

#nailedit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back