Demetrius Johnsons Legacy

That's not bad. The person that calls it right when Johnson finally loses will be loaded
On the last PFL with Jake Shields and Nurmagomedov, the main and co-main both had upsets involving -1000 and -1600 favorites. That underdog parlay would've been worth a ton.

Flyweights will never be taken seriously regardless of achievements which is why it's imperative for his legacy to go up to fight the BW champ. This is only way to solidfy his place amongst the greats.

Flyweights will never be taken seriously regardless of achievements.

MMA fans who take fighters seriously on any basis other than their achievements are very hard to take seriously.

MMA fans who take fighters seriously on any basis other than their achievements are very hard to take seriously.
Read my post again. I expanded upon it. I respect DJ but it's the harsh truth.

Goat whose fights no one watches. Can’t remember the last fight I’ve watched of his.

why did I even click on this thread. Demetrius Johnson - MEHHHHHHHHH

Goat whose fights no one watches. Can’t remember the last fight I’ve watched of his.
His last fight co headlined for Lee vs T-Ferg
Had to cable headliners before that
Co headlined for Jones big comeback against OSP in his fught before that.

dj is the best to do it. most ufc title defenses without any judges help or cheating

Most defenses in UFC history in any division, and has been the only champion in his weight class since it's inception.
exactly, how can a new division be stacked?

elite athletes starts training at 4 or 5 years old

the guys mm face didnt even have a division in the ufc until a few years ago

flyweight existed in the wec, but their pay was so shit that no elite athlete would train for it

mm is way overrated, his pond is so ducking small

the retards like joe rogan who thinks he his the goat also though ronda was the goat, these morons do not understand what level of competition means

Mighty Mouse's legacy? Hahaha

Extreme manlets don't have a legacy. Outside of the eyes of hardcore fans with a manlet fetish, they don't exist. Mighty Mouse is great at beating 125'ers, but nobody cares.

flyweight existed in the wec, but their pay was so shit that no elite athlete would train for it

the retards like joe rogan who thinks he his the goat also though ronda was the goat, these morons do not understand what level of competition means

Wrong. They are tiny guys, tiny people are already really into wrestling/boxing/bjj because
1. The main american sports don't have a spot for them.
2. They have a chip on their shoulder from small man syndrome.

Plus 135 has been around a long time which plenty of 125ers fought at even though it wasnt their natural weight.

P.S. i never bought into the Ronda hype & half of my ufc live threads are bashing Joe Rogan.

I'm sorry to tell you this buddy but there's no way he can be considered one of the all-time greats he's only beat three decent opponents.
Not that it's his fault at 25. I also lost a lot of respect for him when he avoided TJ like the plague.

He's certainly a spectacular fighter, but for me, he needs to move up and beat the top guys at BW for me to consider him the GOAT. Flyweight just isn't deep enough.

I'm sorry to tell you this buddy but there's no way he can be considered one of the all-time greats he's only beat three decent opponents.
Not that it's his fault at 25. I also lost a lot of respect for him when he avoided TJ like the plague.

his domination of 125 has made it look a lot weaker than it actually is. just like when anderson was champ. but to say he's only beaten 3 "decent opponents is moronic" he's beaten at least 5 extremely good opponents and done so in spectacular fashion on top of beating many other decent fighters, and having the most title defenses in history and the most spectacular submission in ufc history. im sorry to tell you buddy but many of the best fighters and analysts already consider him one of if not the best ever. but i guess you only care about all the plebs who don't consider him that great.

Feather weight has been considered one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC since it started and it began at the same time. I don't think it has to do with length of time, I think because he has been so dominant people consider it a cake walk.

The best guy who was never a draw

I want to see Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi II at the Saitama Super Arena.

Failed 135 contender. Realized he wasn't good enough to get the title. Ran down to the smallest weight class in the organization. Beat up drained midgets and other 135 washouts.

Complained about not getting more money while admitting that no one watches his fights. Just about the only fighter that routinely has large numbers of fans leave early when main eventing a PPV.

Gets credit for an okay sub that only happened because his opponent was a manlet. Another inch or two of height and/or 5 to 10 pounds stops him from pulling off the sub.

Afraid to fight up a class to give his division time to grow contenders ala Anderson Silva.

Basically a guy that is really good at a weight class that no one cares about. It's like asking about the legacy of the smartest kid with Down Syndrome.

Apart from Joe Benavidez...who was was a really top fighter MM beat?

Dodson & Cejudo?
Come on.

He'll be remembered for being given an Xbox sponsorship & chance to be the in the 1st superfight & blowing both opportunities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back