Demetrius Johnsons Legacy

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
At this point Mighty Mouse has cemented himself as one of the greatest champions of all time in the UFC. When people talk about p4p best fighters, he's always deservedly towards the top but never seems to crack that #1 spot.

He tried to get his super fighter vs TJ, and it didn't on out. He will continue to defend his belt now, but my question is, what does he have to do to go leave a legacy as the greatest fighter of all time? Can he do it in his weight class or does he really need this super fight? If he defends 5 more challengers we all know aren't ready, will that even move the needle?

I have a feeling 227 will make DJ/TJ come to fruition.

If not he's already the flyweight GOAT and one of the best all round fighters UFC's had.

ducks can't be legends

p4p #1 at ducking and crushing cans

This is the size of MM's legacy.

QWyrylU.jpg

But of course "P4P" it's the size of planets.
GqtVEzg.gif

He tried to get his superfight with TJ? Didn't TJ practically beg him and he said he only do it for a ridiculous amount of money?

If not he's already the flyweight GOAT and one of the best all round fighters UFC's had.
I mean he has run the division since inception, but he doesn't get the same love as D.C. Has, jones did, or some of the others hat have been around

Some fighters and Joe Rogan will keep calling him the GOAT but mma fans will forget about him like a year after he retires.

I mean he has run the division since inception, but he doesn't get the same love as D.C. Has, jones did, or some of the others hat have been around
He's just got to keep doing his thing.

His last finish being one of the greatest submissions in UFC history helped. That left lots including the reluctant Dana saying he's probably the best ever.

giphy.gif

The best fighter in his division with multiple title defenses. Good for him.

He's just got to keep doing his thing.

Him becoming a finisher has helped. His last being one of the greatest submissions in UFC history, that left lots including the reluctant Dana saying he's probably the best ever.

giphy.gif

I had forgot how good of a finish that was

The best fighter in his division with multiple title defenses. Good for him.
Most defenses in UFC history in any division, and has been the only champion in his weight class since it's inception.

Feel like the stage is set for Cejudo to shock the world.

I wonder what the odds will be for the betting

Mighty Mouse -550
Cejudo +425

Which is about where it should be, nothing crazy like the Ronda/Holm, Caldwell/Baby Joe, GSP/Serra, Khabibs cousin from the last WSOF fight in terms of upsets. But equally shocking.

Back