delete

Doesn't mean he hasn't sparred against it TS

Really. Hmm.

FMyMg.gif

Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_2.gif

JdBQRVe.gif

came to post the same gifs lol

Dude has not fought anybody whos utilizes head movement.
Now there are not that many fighters who even use it that well
but almost all of his opponents were brawlers, wrestlers. (Minus Aldo and Holloway).
Nate Diaz is very skilled but he doesnt move his head at all......

He hasnt fought anybody with Head Movement or Movement at all for that matter like
Cody Garbrandy or Dominic Cruz or Bobby Green or Groovy Lando, etc.
Not to mention a fighter he matchups horribly with Jorge Masvidal.. (I know hes a WW)

Conors a monster but if we are to be honest he has had some serious style matchups in his favor.
So to pretend like McGregor will threaten the greatest defensive fighter of all time is absolutely insane.

Yes like Chad Mendes on short notice, the guy everyone agreed at the time was the worst match up for him and would beat him.

Bobbing, weaving and slipping is a good way to get kneed, kicked and taken down. I was really good at using the shoulder roll when I amateur boxed, yet I have no faith in that style in a street fight, or an mma fight.
How is slipping punches prone to getting a knee or a kick? If anything, making your opponent miss leads him open for a well placed strike.

Head movement is usually a terrible idea. The premise behind head movement is to protect your face from punches. But it sacrifices your defense against everything else. And generally sacrifices your offense, with exception being it can help disguise a lead hook attack.

It only sacrifices your defense if you're a complete dumbass.

Can someone help me and bring up some good examples of "head movement" in UFC?

Cody Garbrandt vs Domincik Cruz
Dominick Cruz vs everybody
Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar 3 (Aldo actally uses it ALOT, and it gets overlooked):

Bobby Green (evn though II dont like hm and i am unsure whether or not this would work against to levl guys):

Anderson Silva vs ALOT of people

How is slipping punches prone to getting a knee or a kick? If anything, making your opponent miss leads him open for a well placed strike.

Makes it quite easy to time your opponent, throw a throwaway punch, and time a knee or kick. Better to guard with a high card and deflect shots then dip low.

Everyone is talking about how excessive head movement exposes you to knees, head kicks. But the easiest way to burn a guy who plays that game is actually to attack his legs as he does it. The head is free to move but the legs are planted and defenseless.
leg kicks are overrated. keep your hands up and utilize head movement to avoid kicks. simple

Makes it quite easy to time your opponent, throw a throwaway punch, and time a knee or kick. Better to guard with a high card and deflect shots then dip low.

You can slip without overexerting yourself. People seem to have a preconceived notion that you have to over exaggerate head movement for it to work.

Anderson Silva vs ALOT of people

Anderson Silva was nowhere near as good at it as Aldo, for instance. Silva's looked spectacular because he had his hands at his waist and his feet completely planted sometimes, or leaned back Ali-style. But he took plenty of shots.

leg kicks are overrated. keep your hands up and utilize head movement to avoid kicks. simple

Spoken like someone who has never a) dealt with low kicks or b) trained/fought bums who can't throw a low kick.

Back