delete

Ed movement is overrated, brah.

hed muvment hed muvment hed muvment hed muvment

Head movement is overrated in MMA? Because you can get kicked or kneed? It's not so popular at MMA.

For me slip and counter (what Conor does) is much more effective.

You probably watched Mike Tyson's defence videos on youtube and decided to create a thread in mma forum.

Can someone help me and bring up some good examples of "head movement" in UFC?

Head movement is overrated in MMA? Because you can get kicked or kneed? It's not so popular at MMA.

You probably watched Mike Tyson's defence videos on youtube and decided to create a thread in mma forum.

Recently, Garbrandt vs Cruz.

Prime AS

Recently, Garbrandt vs Cruz.
Prime AS
Cody showed a superior head movement indeed. But still, he risked to get kneed or to get kicked. For me doing bobbing weaving - you can do it only if you are confident at your predictions.

Silva vs Griffin... i know Griffin's striking is horrible but you only asked for an example...someone bring out a gif of that fight please

Bobbing, weaving and slipping is a good way to get kneed, kicked and taken down. I was really good at using the shoulder roll when I amateur boxed, yet I have no faith in that style in a street fight, or an mma fight.

He's in no way mayweather standard but I'm positive in his 20 years of learning martial arts hes occasionally sparred with somebody that isn't a walking heavy bag.

Everyone is talking about how excessive head movement exposes you to knees, head kicks. But the easiest way to burn a guy who plays that game is actually to attack his legs as he does it. The head is free to move but the legs are planted and defenseless.

Everyone is talking about how excessive head movement exposes you to knees, head kicks. But the easiest way to burn a guy who plays that game is actually to attack his legs as he does it. The head is free to move but the legs are planted and defenseless.

Same with attacking the body

Silva vs Griffin... i know Griffin's striking is horrible but you only asked for an example...someone bring out a gif of that fight please
XAXovUa.gif

Your welcome

The only part of his head that moves are his lips.

He's in no way mayweather standard but I'm positive in his 20 years of learning martial arts hes occasionally sparred with somebody that isn't a walking heavy bag.
Are you sure?

Slipping punches is head movement...

Head movement is usually a terrible idea. The premise behind head movement is to protect your face from punches. But it sacrifices your defense against everything else. And generally sacrifices your offense, with exception being it can help disguise a lead hook attack.

Back