delete

Dude has not fought anybody whos utilizes head movement.
Now there are not that many fighters who even use it that well
but almost all of his opponents were brawlers, wrestlers. (Minus Aldo and Holloway).
Nate Diaz is very skilled but he doesnt move his head at all......

He hasnt fought anybody with Head Movement or Movement at all for that matter like
Cody Garbrandy or Dominic Cruz or Bobby Green or Groovy Lando, etc.
Not to mention a fighter he matchups horribly with Jorge Masvidal.. (I know hes a WW)

Conors a monster but if we are to be honest he has had some serious style matchups in his favor.
So to pretend like McGregor will threaten the greatest defensive fighter of all time is absolutely insane.
Look. The bottom line is this: puncher's chance. Same old story. McGregor outsizes Floyd by a huge margin, and he has the power to hurt Floyd, should lightning strike.

However, lightning will probably not strike. Conor is betting he can last 12 rounds with Floyd and earn accolades at the next level. He is betting, in essence, that Floyd cannot finish him. This is a very crafty bet to make, but it is also a dangerous one. Floyd is a surgeon, and operates on the best boxers in the world. The possibility of Floyd hurting and then finishing Mac is very real, and if Floyd just clowns and trashes Mac inside a round or two, then Mac loses incalculable amounts of leverage. However, if he makes a good showing on the biggest stage against the undoubted king of this fistic era, his social stock will rise exponentially, not to mention his account balance.

ITT: people who think one of both of the following:

A) "head movent" means "swaying your head back and forth"

B) since it comes from boxing, there's no way head movement can be adjusted to work in mma.

You can slip without overexerting yourself. People seem to have a preconceived notion that you have to over exaggerate head movement for it to work.
So many mma fighters do overextend themselves, though. That is my point. Best to utilize rolling the shoulder and deflecting with the arms in mma. Someone like Aldo? Great at a subtle slip and roll. Most guys? not so much.

precisely why he turned down edgar.

How is slipping punches prone to getting a knee or a kick? If anything, making your opponent miss leads him open for a well placed strike.

Head movement doesn't only imply Dominick Cruz style bobbing and weaving. If you have good headmovent you only have to move your head an inch or so and your opponent is left wide open for the counter.

As much as I dislike the guy Conor actually has a couple great examples of this in the Alverez fight.

It doesn't matter if he misses by an inch or a mile as long as he misses.

Bobbing, weaving and slipping is a good way to get kneed, kicked and taken down. I was really good at using the shoulder roll when I amateur boxed, yet I have no faith in that style in a street fight, or an mma fight.

how would head movement not help you in a street fight?

Bobbing, weaving and slipping is a good way to get kneed, kicked and taken down. I was really good at using the shoulder roll when I amateur boxed, yet I have no faith in that style in a street fight, or an mma fight.
Because Conor is known for taking people down or landing brutal KO head kicks like Cro Cop?

XAXovUa.gif

Your welcome
Weismann wiffed like 6 times before he hit him

Dude has not fought anybody whos utilizes head movement.
Now there are not that many fighters who even use it that well
but almost all of his opponents were brawlers, wrestlers. (Minus Aldo and Holloway).
Nate Diaz is very skilled but he doesnt move his head at all......

He hasnt fought anybody with Head Movement or Movement at all for that matter like
Cody Garbrandy or Dominic Cruz or Bobby Green or Groovy Lando, etc.
Not to mention a fighter he matchups horribly with Jorge Masvidal.. (I know hes a WW)

Conors a monster but if we are to be honest he has had some serious style matchups in his favor.
So to pretend like McGregor will threaten the greatest defensive fighter of all time is absolutely insane.

You forgot something important TS, Conor doesn't even have the most useful weapon an elite boxer must master: A jab

No, its more of a physics thing. Swaying your head side to side causes the associated leg to support the weight causing the fighter to be vulnerable to leg kicks

Everything you do in fighting makes you vulnerable to something else. Head movement keeps people from getting knocked out, and makes it harder for your opponent to hit you. Conor's great at this. So is Aldo.

Back