Delete this thread mods

Well then wrestling, BJJ, kickboxing, judo, and muay thai must also be A-level because Eddie wouldn't be elite in any of those. He put his all into wrestling and wasn't anywhere near the highest levels.

Or it could be that MMA is its own sport so none of that other stuff really matters.

I'm sorry but you've committed a basic logic mistake

a) Being an A-level sport like Boxing implies that a club fighter like Eddie Alvarez would never be elite in it

is not equivalent to

b) If Eddie is not elite, then it is an A-level sport

How do people not get it....when an overhand right can be set up by feinting kick,knees, takedown or clinch (on boxing no one avoids the clinch because its not an offensive manuever) its absolutely possible to score overhand rights. Of course in boxing when all your doing is throwing hands its a lot easier to aoid. did you put any thought into that shitpost of yours?

No, you don't get it. An overhand right is a slower, less powerful punch than a well thrown straight right. Just a shitshow of a technique.

Dude you are showing a picture where a guy has his hands inside fucking boxing gloves , those were the circus days no doubt If MMA takes over boxing then it will get the top talent and will be better sport and the better fighters , as it stands now boxing have the better fighters and thats because they pay more and attract the top talent , saying who wins in a magical street fight is as dumb as it gets , why would a multi millionaire would be fighting in the streets ?
I will say it again , please try and follow for once , its ALL ABOUT THE TALENT , the sport that has the talent is superior in his level , if you enjoy it or not its a different question.
There is no doubt that NFL/NBA/Baseball/Soccer get the best talent athletes because thats where the money is and thats whats popular.
The fact that some of the NFL players are running 100M olympics finals results should tell you the level of athletes that sport attracts and the fact that they could've been in the US national team if they wanted too.
tldr- boxing has the better fighters currently , that might change in the future , talking about mythical street fights is childish.
FYI i would rather have 2 years in boxing as a casual in a street fight then a 2 years MMA training in a street fight , you want to be on your feet and avoid the ground as much as possible as you can get hit by others easily or get stabbed, bitten.
Saying that , Boxer will lose in MMA competition vs a competent MMA fighter , but thats irrelevant as they will lose in Judo vs a Judoka as well.
If boxing has the better fighters why do MMA fighters slay boxers and have been doing so since UFC 1 and beyond...

because boxers don't know much about fighting...

Boxing is an A-level sport with a deep talent pool, fighters with no chin are quickly weeded out and never make it to the top
This doesn't happen in MMA and thats one of the reasons most of MMA fighters would get KTFO in a boxing match. In boxing, a guy like Eddie Alvarez would never make it past the club fighter status, yet in MMA he's considered "one of the best LW in the world" lmao

Amir Khan's had a good career despite his chin being made out of weetabix.

No, you don't get it. An overhand right is a slower, less powerful punch than a well thrown straight right. Just a shitshow of a technique.
LOL you have an old way of thinking. It was also thought that front kicks and spin kicks werent practical in fights, let alone jumping off the cage with a strike. YOu're thinking like some boxing historian and shit who hasnt evolved with the times. Overhand right can absolutely be effective at the high level in freestyle fighting. I garantee if Floyd got into MMA he could be Ko'd by one

If boxing has the better fighters why do MMA fighters slay boxers and have been doing so since UFC 1 and beyond...

because boxers don't know much about fighting...
technically boxing is fighting so you can argue either way nobody agrees with you

No kicking, no wrestling, no ground fighting, no submissions...and let's call it "fighting"

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I love all the Conor nuthuggers discrediting boxing all of a sudden

Ever since I watched my first MMA fights I have laughed at the "overhand right". You never see such a terrible punch thrown in high level boxing. Especially the ones that land with the cuff instead of the knuckles.

I think the WWF used to talk about the "overhand right" before the UFC was even born. So that punch, that most UFC HWs depend on so much, is from fake wrestling and bar fighting.

Throw that a couple of times in a boxing ring and you would be knocked out.

MMA hand striking is laughable for the most part.
MMA hand striking is on much higher level than in boxing since it doesn't have pillow gloves so it's much more realistic. MMA also has far more in-fighting and clinching than modern boxing.

Back