Delete this thread mods

Defensive boxers would get exposed and offensive boxers would look even better pretty much. Glove size is huge for how you defend in boxing, the padding of the ufc 4oz glove only around knuckle. You can look at Overeem in k1 vs in mma, dude shell up in k1 and blocks everything but yet gets ko'd by random wrestler in mma.

you're severely overestimating the accuracy of MMA strikers and underestimating the head movement of boxers. Guys like Floyd would still thrive.

Fights would have less action because guys would pick their shots more.

"ear muffing" wont be a thing so I expect guys to parry more and slip/duck more as well.

id expect a good jab will play more of a factor. I expect more bodywork due to the softer target.

I expect fights to be stopped on cuts more.
This is a great post bro .

ITT people that think boxer's only defense is hand pillows

its a big part of the defensive strategy, it just is a fact. Sure slipping/ducking/footwork/etc plays a factor but NOT using big gloves to block would be dumb. it just is what it is.

Id like to see old London Prize ring rules where you can throw in the clinch

fights had unlimited rounds.

rounds ended only when a fighter was knocked down or thrown down. he had 30 seconds to "come to scratch" or basically step back up for the next round. this went on until one man survived.

Nah your trolling is sub par and i got bored with you .. and you're a dumb casual so no point .
It is a rather difficult to stay interested in an argument as poor as "boxing and fighting are the same thing"

its a big part of the defensive strategy, it just is a fact. Sure slipping/ducking/footwork/etc plays a factor but NOT using big gloves to block would be dumb. it just is what it is.
I'll rephrase: ITT people who think boxer's only defense that MMA lacks is hand pillows

Boxers & coaches break out their textbooks from the late 19th to early 20th century when boxing gloves were a lot smaller, thumbs weren't sewn in place on the gloves, and inside fighting was a much bigger part of the game. Or they go really old school to the London Prize Ring Rules. Some boxers will be able to make a good adjustment, some won't, the ones who can will continue schooling MMA fighters in boxing.

You mean, the much older, and more practiced sport, has the deeper talent pool, and would be better at their specialty than a jack-of-all-trades athlete?

Today, yes.

In 10 years, with Conor money being accessible to more MMA fighters, it will be different.

Sure, he got beat in a boxing match...no one is denying that. But, when it comes to fighting, Lloyd is about as troublesome as a cloudy day.

To be honest, after watching the way Conor so easily took Lloyd's back, etc...I really do think Ronda would beat Lloyd in a real fight. I didn't think so before, but Lloyd looked so helpless when taken out of his pillow fighting fantasy.

If course he looked like that, he doesnt need to worry about it. He knows ref will stop that shit quick

It is a rather difficult to stay interested in an argument as poor as "boxing and fighting are the same thing"
It is when You ! can't grasp or comprehend what you are watching , and the proceed to repeat stupid shit about sports you know nothing about .

He did, but even Khan is a lot more durable than a lot of top MMA fighters (not to mention the fact that he's exceptionally fast, has a bit of power, and is very skilled from the outside). For all of the talk about how chinny Khan is (and he has a poor chin), it may be a tad overstated (he did survive relatively well against a bona fide puncher in Maidana). A fair amount of his problems with getting rocked are down to technical deficiencies and bad decision making in addition to his less than stellar chin.

It's called defense.

It is when You ! can't grasp or comprehend what you are watching , and the proceed to repeat stupid shit about sports you know nothing about .
Boxing is light years away from fighting. Comprehend that and move on with your life.

Boxing is light years away from fighting. Comprehend that and move on with your life.
Dude its all fucking fighting every bit , mma is fighting boxing is fighting kickboxing is fighting . Stfu they all are fighters and you are a moron , but nothing we can do to fix you . now go bring your stupid elsewhere

Dude its all fucking fighting every bit , mma is fighting boxing is fighting kickboxing is fighting . Stfu they all are fighters and you are a moron , but nothing we can do to fix you . now go bring your stupid elsewhere
The sweet science just got a little saltier

why doesnt anyone want to see mma rules with boxing gloves

MMA fighters have very little clue about hand striking. If you fall for that "In MMA we have to worry about the takedown, and kicks and elbows and knees" narrative, then you ignorant.

These are not valid reasons for getting caught by slow, looping off balance punches. MMA fighters get caught clean with bad technique punches, because they don't know how to strike.

Ever since I watched my first MMA fights I have laughed at the "overhand right". You never see such a terrible punch thrown in high level boxing. Especially the ones that land with the cuff instead of the knuckles.

I think the WWF used to talk about the "overhand right" before the UFC was even born. So that punch, that most UFC HWs depend on so much, is from fake wrestling and bar fighting.

Throw that a couple of times in a boxing ring and you would be knocked out.

MMA hand striking is laughable for the most part.

Back