Davis vs Walsh (Showtime tape delay) no spoilers

He just made it in his 3rd try.

Have a feeling he's gonna gas mow. He was fading in his last fight

You get a 3rd try after the 2 hour 2nd failed attempt?

Or was the 3rd attempt within the 2 hours? If so it counts. Made weight.

Maybe so. I thought it seemed like he faded a bit against Pedraza and took a lot of shots that would have been an issue against a bigger puncher.

He'll win this fight but I doubt he's stays undefeated at the elite level for long.

he doesnt move his feet like broner he only uses volume in spots like broner and he takes breaks like broner...

lots to exploit..his athleticism and power has been diff so far against good not great comp

farmer beats him

good god he is just like broner, in fight style and in weight related issues; wonder if its discipline or he too big for the weight class

This guy is another Broner. The problem, however, is that he's simply too small for the higher weight classes. He would get run over at 135 against someone like Linares or Garcia.

I also wouldn't look past Liam Walsh here. I think Walsh is the superior boxer, much better on his feet. Gervonta is a much bigger puncher but he gasses and doesn't move his head. So I could see Walsh potentially out boxing him.

Also, everyone is overrating the Pedraza victory. Pedraza was out for 9 months, mainly due to promotional issues, and claimed he had a horrible weight cut. Which showed in his performance.

Not sold on Gervonta Davis at all.

Shouldn't be much of a shock if Walsh wins this imo.

Lol I was thinking of the same exact reference.
I get Floyd is selling the fight and using his name to sell 2 not so known fighters. But I kind if hate how he steals the spot light from his guys. Eventually thats going to backfire.
Gervonta acts like a shy young child in front of a camera, totally out of his depth in that environment. He can't handle talking to a crowd at all. If Mayweather didn't steal the attention from him and talk for him, Gervonta would just be there blushing and giggling and barely responding to anything.

Strange to miss by such a small amount? Did Davis look drained at the weigh in, or just a mistake on his own scales?
Sorry for the delay, Tank looked fine, don't think was a big deal.

And it's over, Walsh TKO 11.

Liam's best chance to win is to not follow Sniper's gameplan. He needs to stay on outside and box, use his feet.
Going to be tough test for Davis.

Walsh was slow start of most rounds, good stoppage though.

Sorry for the delay, Tank looked fine, don't think was a big deal.

No worries- saw the video and agree that he looked fine, even third time round. Seemed strange that someone seemingly having no trouble making weight would miss it.

Didnt look like he was playing mind games (quite the opposite), so just a fuck up by his team I suppose.

FWIW, I think this will be a lot closer than the odds suggest. Walsh looks relaxed and focused and will have a loud crowd behind him.

Davis perhaps a little overconfident and at risk of believing his own hype?

Looking forward to it.

This guy is another Broner. The problem, however, is that he's simply too small for the higher weight classes. He would get run over at 135 against someone like Linares or Garcia.

I also wouldn't look past Liam Walsh here. I think Walsh is the superior boxer, much better on his feet. Gervonta is a much bigger puncher but he gasses and doesn't move his head. So I could see Walsh potentially out boxing him.

Also, everyone is overrating the Pedraza victory. Pedraza was out for 9 months, mainly due to promotional issues, and claimed he had a horrible weight cut. Which showed in his performance.

Not sold on Gervonta Davis at all.

He's more talented and skilled than Broner, but yeah, I don't know how much he can move up. It's rare for fighters of his build to move up well outside of Pacquiao, but Pacqiuao was exceptionally fast, kept his power, and had crazy stamina. If Davis was more active and had exceptional stamina, I'd be more inclined to say he'd move up well, but those two things are in question. I will say that he can have plenty of success 130-135 (and maybe up to 140), though.

I guess Henry Armstrong was also a similar build, but he was different stylistically (which makes Armstrong that much more insane, considering one would never imagine a pure pressure fighter who relies on his infighting ability to be that good against much larger men).

He's more talented and skilled than Broner, but yeah, I don't know how much he can move up. It's rare for fighters of his build to move up well outside of Pacquiao, but Pacqiuao was exceptionally fast, kept his power, and had crazy stamina. If Davis was more active and had exceptional stamina, I'd be more inclined to say he'd move up well, but those two things are in question. I will say that he can have plenty of success 130-135 (and maybe up to 140), though.

I guess Henry Armstrong was also a similar build, but he was different stylistically (which makes Armstrong that much more insane, considering one would never imagine a pure pressure fighter who relies on his infighting ability to be that good against much larger men).
Tanks has fought at LW before, it was 2 ounces, don't see him as a Broner type.

Pigford-Morgan JMW up now.

Back