Dave Meltzer: UFC agreed to what Conor wanted,then Conor changed what he wanted

He has to be stripped.

This is fucking ridiculous.

I think Conor is about to go on a bad losing streak if he faces the guys who deserve it. I'd even pick Diaz over him again because everyone knows that Conor has about seven minutes and all will have the same game plan. It showed how mediocre Nate is IMO when he didn't turn it up and got beat by a faded Conor over the last 3 rounds.

I don't doubt Conor's talent. He destroys Tony if he takes the fight seriously.

I just question whether he has the desire anymore. He is loaded for life and seems to only care about more money now. I don't see him having the same discipline as a guy like Floyd who can do all of that and still treat every fight like it's his last.

What a bitch move lol. Of course people on here will still defend his actions for who knows what reason.

He is really challenging Tyron for the most cowardly champion of all time. Hard to believe there are still some Mcduck fight fans

I don't doubt Conor's talent. He destroys Tony if he takes the fight seriously.

I just question whether he has the desire anymore. He is loaded for life and seems to only care about more money now. I don't see him having the same discipline as a guy like Floyd who can do all of that and still treat every fight like it's his last.

No.

He's negotiating to fight the guy people want him to fight and haters still find a way to cry about it.

<mma2>

How many top fighters has he risked losing his belt too, Cage Warriors or UFC?

He rather fight in vacation Mendes than in camp Edgar. Took on Cabo Nate , the fact he always seems to take on guys who aren't in camp in short notice fights

It amazes me how gullible are the people who believe that Conor owns UFC and Dana. Yes, of course UFC does not want to loose Conor, he is the biggest draw. But it wouldn't be the end of the world for UFC if Conor would leave UFC. It's not so difficult to market another fighter with a big mouth and lots of tattoos. Platinum, for example. Plus that GSP is back. Yes, Dana loves the money Conor brings to the org, but if he gets fed up with Conor's demands, who know...

Without UFC, Conor's alternative is Bellator. You know, that org with the HW tournament - 4 old LHW and 4 old HW. Most of them washed up AF.

The point here is simple: if he loses his belt he loses everything, he loses all hype. It is much easier to fight against Mayweather, Diaz, than defend his belt, when he will actually be putting something to lose. And if he loses, his superfights will no more be relevants.

McGregor runs this show now.

giphy.gif

How did that duck get into the cage?

He rather fight in vacation Mendes than in camp Edgar. Took on Cabo Nate , the fact he always seems to take on guys who aren't in camp in short notice fights
Those were the 2 fights he had something to lose, and he chose the easier route in both situations. And both times it almost backfired on him, if Mendes had been in shape he would have beaten Conor quite easily.

It amazes me how gullible are the people who believe that Conor owns UFC and Dana. Yes, of course UFC does not want to loose Conor, he is the biggest draw. But it wouldn't be the end of the world for UFC if Conor would leave UFC. It's not so difficult to market another fighter with a big mouth and lots of tattoos. Platinum, for example. Plus that GSP is back. Yes, Dana loves the money Conor brings to the org, but if he gets fed up with Conor's demands, who know...

Without UFC, Conor's alternative is Bellator. You know, that org with the HW tournament - 4 old LHW and 4 old HW. Most of them washed up AF.
The PPV buyrates this year show that UFC has become completely dependent on individual stars, and the UFC brand itself is no longer a significant selling point (like it used to be).

Without White factoring in whatever UFC made from the Mayweather-McGregor fight into his financials, this would've been a disastrous year for the UFC, and White got particularly defensive about that when a reporter asked why he was including Mayweather-McGregor when he claimed it was "the best year ever."

Rousey's WWE bound, St-Pierre's a question mark, and McGregor will definitely be back, but IIRC he's got four fights left in his contract, and if he finishes them out and leaves, the UFC doesn't have anyone left to be the one-million PPV buyrate anchor.

He's negotiating to fight the guy people want him to fight and haters still find a way to cry about it.

<mma2>

No he's not, he's fucking them around.

UFC agreed to what he wanted, then he does't want it and suddenly wants something completely different.

LOL he just got paid and now its time to do his job and defend the belt. The money "negotiations" is simply a facade in order to duck Ferg.

Or is he simply trying to get the absolute most amount of money?
Don't you dare tell me he's afraid of Tony

Guys been in there with 'prime' Aldo and Alvarez

He's not scared
It's business, and when it's his life/body on the line he has every right to get paid the most he can, he's he only fighter on the roster that can get away with it and so he should
He owes 'them' nothing
Fought 3 times last year

Back