Dave Meltzer: UFC agreed to what Conor wanted,then Conor changed what he wanted

How many top fighters has he risked losing his belt too, Cage Warriors or UFC?

You need to get over the belt and look at his whole career. He took this break to box Floyd and make his money. Not because he was shitting bricks about UFC competition. Tony just turned down a fight he knows is hard. Just did this.

Conor at it again

giphy.gif

Meltzer is fake news

Can't believe a word he says

probably pushing for the co promotion.

I get it, but it's hard to stay interested in a guy that will now seemingly only get shirtless for me once a year. I miss the days he was going 3 times a year.

Is that right...?

Based on?

Based on common sense and having actually watched this sport before. As opposed to "Nate did it! Tony has Nates chin!!!"

Tony is not Nate.

But by all means live in a fantasy land where Tony is even remotely close to McGregor's skill and can absorb dozens of completely flush shots on his chin.

Based on common sense and having actually watched this sport before. As opposed to "Nate did it! Tony has Nates chin!!!"

Tony is not Nate.

But by all means live in a fantasy land where Tony is even remotely close to McGregor's skill and can absorb dozens of completely flush shots on his chin.

2 or 3 and he is out. Even Conor's trolling haters know how dangerous he is. Made Eddie look like a can..

tenor.gif

Are we shocked by this? His fanboys can say whatever they want. But anyone with a brain can figure out what Mcgregor is trying to do.

tenor.gif
giphy.gif
[/QUOTE]

Virtually identi... ah it’s just the same damn thing.

probably pushing for the co promotion.

I get it, but it's hard to stay interested in a guy that will now seemingly only fight in the cage once a year. I miss the days he was going 3 times a year.

I don't understand the logic behind the co-promotion story. Why would the UFC open that door with so little money to be made? I mean relatively-speaking, the cut they would be getting in a co-promotion scenario, with a guy who is 3-4 fights (at best) from retiring is peanuts. And this is even assuming that Conor doesn't face-plant in his next fight.

So he is not afraid as a contender but afraid as a champ? LOL you actually think that is logical?

Yes

Not afraid as a contender becouse he has everything to win

Afraid to defend becouse he could lose his belt

2 or 3 and he is out. Even Conor's trolling haters know how dangerous he is. Made Eddie look like a can..

Apparently not judging by this forum. Its comical to think that people actually believe that Tony is going to Homer Simpson Conor.

Tony is not Nate.
I know.Tony is better than Nate.

Tony's striking is better and has better chin than Nate.

Also keep in mind all the crazy Imanari rolls and entries are in play for Tony vs Conor. There's no threat on the ground from Conor, so all those tools can be used liberally if that fight happens. Which give Conor all sorts of other things to think about. Conor is brilliant at utilizing and manipulating distance but if Tony tries to get the fight to the ground he doesn't have to do it with traditional entries. That really is a wild card in terms of how Conor tries to control the distance in the fight. Because he'll obviously want to avoid the ground like the plague vs Tony, so he'll have a ton on his plate to deal with in how unpredictable Tony's entries can be. Tony doesn't close distance like other guys do, esp against someone where he won't have to worry about them trying to get top control on him.

Last edited:
I don't understand the logic behind the co-promotion story. Why would the UFC open that door with so little money to be made? I mean relatively-speaking, the cut they would be getting in a co-promotion scenario, with a guy who is 3-4 fights (at best) from retiring is peanuts. And this is even assuming that Conor doesn't face-plant in his next fight.

Well even half of a Conor fight is more than what they get now without him. I would guess that they all know the end of the Conor era is near so they might as well get what they can.

Just strip the belt now so we can have Tony vs khabib for the real one.

They're going to do it anyway when they're needing another title fight for a ppv early next year.

Mcgregor isn't coming back till April and the rest of the champs bar Woodley aren't active enough.

Well even half of a Conor fight is more than what they get now without him. I would guess that they all know the end of the Conor era is near so they might as well get what they can.

Yeah I get that. Still, it sets a precedent that IMO makes it not worth it. But whatever. I guess we'll see.

Conor's legacy is nose diving faster than anyone expected it to.

Much respect for everything he did up to winning the LW belt. After that, the dude has been a joke champion.

Back