Dave Meltzer: UFC agreed to what Conor wanted,then Conor changed what he wanted

Its his duty as champion to defend against the top contender, in this case the interim champ. But instead wants a trilogy fight with a .500 fighter (love Nate, but let's be honest). We all KNOW he isn't doing it for the money, he just doesn't want to lose the belt and get exposed to the world just like he did against Floyd.
I know man, Conor is just a joke, I'm so tired of it all. He has no interest to fight Tony, me and you have been saying this for ages on here, time after time after time. I first noticed it at beginning of the year when every time the interviewer said about Tony, Khabib and Nate and others... he would never ever talk about Tony, sometimes he would mention Khabib, and always mentioned Nate, but Tony fell on deaf ears, he wants nothing to do with him. I just know its not gonna happen, I want Conor to prove me wrong. Its gonna be Nate 3, I felt like that since January.

Last edited:
I would. Dave has considerable resources and contacts in both wrestling, and the combat sports world. The predicted ppv numbers(not danas BS over inflated estimates) usually come from Meltzer and he discusses MMA a lot in his shows.

Meltzer is highly regarded by a lot of combat sports industry people, that other sherdogger needs to do some research before he devalues Meltzer

I don't have a narrative in my head or strong feelings about conor so relax. Why did you post a gif of him strutting around the octogan after saying he runs the show then? What purpose could the gif serve other than to flaunt conors accomplishment?
Scroll up and down the first page, and ask yourself why a good portion of posts have an image / GIF / video attached to them.

Supply and Demand. Conor will love your tears as much as he loves your $59.99 when he finally does fight.

Or is he simply trying to get the absolute most amount of money?
Don't you dare tell me he's afraid of Tony

Guys been in there with 'prime' Aldo and Alvarez

He's not scared
It's business, and when it's his life/body on the line he has every right to get paid the most he can, he's he only fighter on the roster that can get away with it and so he should
He owes 'them' nothing
Fought 3 times last year
I find it funny when those defending Connies actions rationalize that we think he is “afraid “of a fighter.
We KNOW he is afraid of LOSING.

I find it funny when those defending Connies actions rationalize that we think he is “afraid “of a fighter.
We KNOW he is afraid of LOSING.

Afraid of losing!?!?! Say what you will about the guy but he stepped into the ring against a 49-0 boxer. Regardless of what he said, he must have known his chances of winning were slim to none.

Afraid of losing!?!?! Say what you will about the guy but he stepped into the ring against a 49-0 boxer. Regardless of what he said, he must have known his chances of winning were slim to none.
ABSOLUTELY nothing to lose.

Fought a legendary boxer for couple of millions didn’t take any risk.

No shame in getting beat in his first and only pro boxing match against a legend.

Didn’t put any of his belts or his credibility as an MMA fighter in the line by doing it in a boxing match.

Where is the risk?

He is afraid to lose.

That's what happens when you cave in to unreasonable demands. Now he know to just keep milking the cow, they have no power to bargain with.

Can you please explain why you, and others in this thread, post stuff like that? It makes it seem like you're bragging. But you're speaking about a different man...

I "Like" you @DorianGray me & you had a tussle b4 but that's what happens with fight fanz @datfnguy know this always rides me with my GSP dedication...

@Myrddin Wild & @RTL
It wasn't on his audio
It was in his newsletter

I missed it because it was one area of 35,000+ words lol

The UFC was looking for a monster show on 12/30 with Conor McGregor vs. Tony Ferguson, Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz and Cyborg vs. Holm, with the idea that with that card would legit blow past 1 million buys and with GSP-Bisping, that 2017 would end up super profitable.

McGregor and Ferguson talks were going back-and-forth on the McGregor side, and were apparently frustrating in the sense UFC would agree to what he wanted, then he’d change what he wanted. He also expressed concern that Ferguson wasn’t a big enough name to pull the kind of numbers he was used to pulling and UFC said they’d promote the hell out of Ferguson leading to the fight.

After the incident last week when he hopped the cage in Dublin, UFC was the one that made the call to end negotiations for 12/30.

McGregor’s trainer John Kavanagh, said that McGregor probably wouldn’t fight again until April or the summer, although the impression we have is UFC would want him against Ferguson for the 3/3 show in Las Vegas

He's a fake fighting magazine writer...sure we'll take his word.

You should:
  • He broke Fedor to Rizin a month before anything was reported
  • He covered UFC/MMA since UFC 1 (longer than some SD posters are alive)
  • He was a licensed judge for MMA & judged UFC events (pre-Zuffa)
  • He was the only person who got the UFC sale details correct
  • His PPV numbers align with UFC filings
  • He said when UFC 100 numbers came from DW (1.6m) that his numbers were a few hundred thousand less (that was proven correct)
  • The reason we know how much UFC actually makes & pays is because of him
&

Frank Deford, a 50-year veteran of Sports Illustrated, once labeled Meltzer the most accomplished reporter in sports journalism.

“You could cover the Vatican or State Department,” Deford said recently, “and not do as good a job as Dave Meltzer does.”

@Myrddin Wild @Hardkore

Last edited:
@Myrddin Wild & @RTL
It wasn't on his audio
It was in his newsletter

I missed it because it was one area of 35,000+ words lol

The UFC was looking for a monster show on 12/30 with Conor McGregor vs. Tony Ferguson, Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz and Cyborg vs. Holm, with the idea that with that card would legit blow past 1 million buys and with GSP-Bisping, that 2017 would end up super profitable.

McGregor and Ferguson talks were going back-and-forth on the McGregor side, and were apparently frustrating in the sense UFC would agree to what he wanted, then he’d change what he wanted. He also expressed concern that Ferguson wasn’t a big enough name to pull the kind of numbers he was used to pulling and UFC said they’d promote the hell out of Ferguson leading to the fight.

After the incident last week when he hopped the cage in Dublin, UFC was the one that made the call to end negotiations for 12/30.

McGregor’s trainer John Kavanagh, said that McGregor probably wouldn’t fight again until April or the summer, although the impression we have is UFC would want him against Ferguson for the 3/3 show in Las Vegas

And there it is. Thanks for confirming. 3/3 would be nice. What show is that?

Back