Dave Meltzer: UFC agreed to what Conor wanted,then Conor changed what he wanted

Tough situation for UFC. If Conor isn't going to defend you have to strip him but that just muddies everything and pisses off your star. You also can't continue to make a joke out of the 155 division by giving a title shot to someone like Nate Diaz.

Who said otherwise? I didn't allude anything close to that.
I was referring to this comment that you said

How anybody can spin that as "Conor runs things" is silly, but ...............
... and then I responded saying basically that the UFC cutting off negotiations for 219 speaks more to the fact that they were left no choice... but I can't agree that it's silly to say that Conor doesn't run things regarding his own negotiations.

He obviously does run things if they said they met his demands... which were previously reported as being through the roof. They also made a whole title fight so that Nate would have a chance at Woodley... & that's obviously all for Conor so that he might have a shot at the WW title against Nate.

That was the point I was trying to make. Sorry if that wasn't clear. It seems pretty obvious that Conor is running quite a bit of the UFC's direction regarding his career.

Last edited:
I learned something tonight about those ticket company's that have been selling tickets to 219 since a week before Conor jumped the Bellator cage.

I originally thought that tickets being sold at these low prices... was proof that Conor was never considered for the event... but in light of this news from Meltzer, I thought I'd take a closer look at what they were offering. Also strange waz that the "official" tickets aren't even on sale yet.

I read the fine print in the "purchase agreement" of one of those sites that have been selling them.

These companies "guarantee" you that you will get the seat you paid for or an upgraded one. The hustle is that their penalty for not offering you those tickets is a full refund... & nothing more.

In other words... if McGregor did end up on the card... & those $800 ringside tickets got jacked up to $20,000... they would just simply cancel your transaction & refund your money.

I just wanted to explain that to you since you recognized my past post where I noticed that tickets were all ready on sale... & I waz stating that as proof that McGregor was never on that card. In the end... it was actually true that tickets were on sale... but I was un-aware of the hustle that they were a part of. There's a bunch of sites doing it too.

Anywayz... sorry for the confusion... I learned about something I never knew waz happening with ticket sales... & so must retract my past comments about the UFC lying about McGregor being considered for 219.
Ah Well you still have fact Conor's agent said 219 was untrue for Conor so I'm not so sure whats going on here.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11...gregor-from-ufc-219-mcgregors-agent-denies-it

Best explanation is they tried to get Conor/Ferg on it deal wasnt to his liking like Metzler says and they used Bellator 187 incident the excuse.

It's still BS they gave what Conor asked then he comes back wanted even more. Again Strip and Make Khabib Ferg for title if he dont play ball March 3.

Conor has WME and Dana by the balls.

Only of they play his game. At the moment they do but let them strip him of his title and just sit it out he can only wait and decide to make no money at all wereas the new champ could be heavily promoted.

Let shills Like Rogan say classic UFC marketing ala Conor is afraid,never was on Fergusons level to begin with...etc and the casuals change course fast.

Only of they play his game. At the moment they do but let them strip him of his title and just sit it out he can only wait and decide to make no money at all wereas the new champ could be heavily promoted.

Let shills Like Rogan say classic UFC marketing ala Conor is afraid,never was on Fergusons level to begin with...etc and the casuals change course fast.
I'm not sure throwing him under the bus is such a great idea when he graces cover of your UFC game and some new fans you scare away from sport. Best thing is just strip him let him have all his money fights and when he feels like it can rechallege for LW title (Ferg or Khabib will own)

Keeps HCs happy keeps Connie fans happy.

Agreed. Strip and then go completely dark on this guy.

With his current cash burn rate he'll be begging for a fight in less than a year.

UFC needs to call the bullshit and reveal this charade. Tony smashes him if they ever fight. Connor knows this and is buying time.

Yeah smart business decision then when you go dark and don't offer him fights his contract becomes null and void because the UFC are obligated to offer fights then you lose your biggest star who then go on to do whatever he wants fight wise or only sign one fight deals with the UFC from now on making him even harder to negotiate with.

LOL

Only in Sherdog
Bro....

This thread actually went through 275 posts of absolute war before anyone even verified the OP... LMAO... & you're calling me out? lol...

I was simply stating that we don't know who the fook "Fight Ghost" is... & that everyone was getting bent out of shape about a tweet from someone we don't even know.

Now it's been verified... but the war has only just now been validated 275 posts in.

Last edited:
Best explanation is they tried to get Conor/Ferg on it deal wasnt to his liking like Metzler says and they used Bellator 187 incident the excuse.

Add to it that Conor saw them trying very hard to get the fight together & tried to squeeze more out of it & UFC said "no".
Both sides have that right
But ... if Conor did agree, he should do the fight.
Gut instinct is - he is in no condition to be at his best by Dec 30 & that is why he moved the goalpost.

I find it funny when those defending Connies actions rationalize that we think he is “afraid “of a fighter.
We KNOW he is afraid of LOSING.

That loss to Diaz didn't do a lot to his stock
It actually helped

It actually helped

Keep telling yourself that

I don't think the Diaz loss hurt, but it certainly did not help.

He would be even bigger if he was undefeated in UFC.
Imagine if he did not have the "tap tap" going into MayMac ... it would have been even bigger

"UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”
- UFC statement after stripping de Randamie of her title.
That pussy actually stated herself that she will vacant the belt if they put Cyborg against her.... Did u see anything like that from any fighter?

I don't think the Diaz loss hurt, but it certainly did not help.

He would be even bigger if he was undefeated in UFC.
Imagine if he did not have the "tap tap" going into MayMac ... it would have been even bigger

But In a parallel universe where he smoked diaz in one round, then beat Eddie
We would be right back where we started yeah?
'Him ducking Khabib and tony'
So.. it got him another few mill for the collection and were right back here
Not to mention it was all spun in a fantastic light
Do not ever forget, were on an hardcore MMA board here
We're all proper fans that know, Diaz isn't that much bigger he's a blow up WW
And the blue print to beat him was put out there literally 7 years ago

I still get casual fans talking about how Conor's the man because he conquered the giant P4P king Nathan Diaz
Those memes about Conor being undersized are memes for a reason the casual fans lap it up
Seriously

You're not my friend and we weren't talking about his finances. And mayweathwr is the PPV king

Aw
Come on dude don't be like that
I feel like we're getting somewhere now

Bro....

This thread actually went through 275 posts of absolute war before anyone even verified the OP... LMAO... & you're calling me out? lol...

I was simply stating that we don't know who the fook "Fight Ghost" is... & that everyone was getting bent out of shape about a tweet from someone we don't even know.

Now it's been verified... but the war has only just now been validated 275 posts in.

You misunderstood, I was making fun of people getting into a huge argument over unverified tweet.

He's negotiating to fight the guy people want him to fight and haters still find a way to cry about it.

<mma2>

The fight is not official and may not happen. No hate just tired of the BS.

Scroll up and down the first page, and ask yourself why a good portion of posts have an image / GIF / video attached to them.

Lol you're being intentionally obtuse. Oh well

It actually helped
Nope the REMATCH did a lot for his stock not the loss.
Plenty of people questioned Connies run at the LW div because of the beating Nate gave him in the first fight.

Back