Darren Till

Nobody wants to fight anymore. The UFC is awarding inactivity anyway, so why even bother?

Not losing has become more important than winning.

Everyone is stupid and forgetting how Conor got huge - he fight basically nobodies at the time but often which kept him in spotlight.

#30 Brimage
#67 Holloway
#30 Brandao
#10 Poirier
#19 Siver
#3 Mendes
#1 Aldo

All in space of 2.5 years minus injury

But you said the hype around him in the UK is phenomenal, it isn't, mma fans know him, non fans do not, if you're in his local area then yeah a few more will know him just like a few round here are aware of Saul Rodgers despite not being fans of the sport, but there's nothing phenomenal about the support for any UK fighters over here, it's virtually non existant.

Seems like fighters stock rises fast when they fight a lot. He doesn't

Isnt he the dude who was bragging about being a LHW fighting WWs? Shouldn't be bragging about beating relative midgets imo.

Till needs to actually fight again if he wants to become the "next biggest thing". He was injury free in that Cerrone fight all the way back in October, and still doesn't have a fight lined up in the foreseeable future. I'm already getting tired of this guy.

Here's a question/point of discussion then: If Till is rapidly losing any sort of momentum by sitting on the shelf and not fighting, what fight could be booked to restore that momentum that Till could win? With Mike Perry fighting Griffin tomorrow the obvious fight can't realistically be done soon. Till said in the above interview that he wants to fight Wonderboy, does anyone think that's winnable for Till? Even as a local supporter and admirer of Till I'd still say he only really has a hitter's chance against Thompson.

TS is Till's PR guy (who also happens to be his cousin).

But you said the hype around him in the UK is phenomenal, it isn't, mma fans know him, non fans do not, if you're in his local area then yeah a few more will know him just like a few round here are aware of Saul Rodgers despite not being fans of the sport, but there's nothing phenomenal about the support for any UK fighters over here, it's virtually non existant.

Till is following the McGregor recipe for success.

Isnt he the dude who was bragging about being a LHW fighting WWs? Shouldn't be bragging about beating relative midgets imo.

The thing with Conor is people love the Irish accent. With Till on the other hand, the Scouser accent makes all English speakers go

<Sansa00><Varys01>

The picture of him smiling and holding up his sleeve to show off his tat is hilarious.

Kid got hands, but what could be his best possible opponents, maybe Lawler, would be a good fight. I think Thompson would give him a lot of troubles.

I think a few guys at WW would give him troubles.. like Usman, Wonderboy, Masvidal, Magny.. among some.
Agreed. Till seems like the real deal. So young so explosive. Would love to see him fight Magny.

He’s alright for a scouser

Back