Darren Till

JiuJitsuHarry

UFC Octagon Announcer
@White
Reaction score
Darren Till Interview with MMAUK:

http://www.mmauk.net/2018/02/23/interview-darren-till-ufc-welterweight-spearheading-british-mma/

"I’m going to be the biggest name in mixed martial arts by the end of this year."

Anyone think that's remotely possible? The hype around him in the UK is phenomenal, especially in Liverpool and around Merseyside, and judgement can easily be clouded by that so I would love to hear people's opinions of him from afar. He's clearly talented but I've yet to speak to any non-delusional MMA fan who thinks he can beat Woodley at this moment in time.

does he say anything interesting though?

EDIT: interesting, but nothing new. the stabbing. moved to Brazil.

thanks for the link though. he's a character for sure, very confident, and i do love that he moved to Brazil to get better at what he wasn't naturally good at.

his bravado isn't totally fake to me. it seems to come naturally. it's just a nice coincidence that that's what it takes to break into big fights & big pay as well.

Darren Till Interview with MMAUK:

http://www.mmauk.net/2018/02/23/interview-darren-till-ufc-welterweight-spearheading-british-mma/

"I’m going to be the biggest name in mixed martial arts by the end of this year."

Anyone think that's remotely possible? The hype around him in the UK is phenomenal, especially in Liverpool and around Merseyside, and judgement can easily be clouded by that so I would love to hear people's opinions of him from afar. He's clearly talented but I've yet to speak to any non-delusional MMA fan who thinks he can beat Woodley at this moment in time.
not one of my buddies know who he is, not a single one. They aren't huge mma fans but watch most the cars when were together drinking

I think a few guys at WW would give him troubles.. like Usman, Wonderboy, Masvidal, Magny.. among some.

not one of my buddies know who he is, not a single one. They aren't huge mma fans but watch most the cars when were together drinking
but who do they know that might surprise us?

i mean, if all they know is Brock, Conor and Tito, then that tells us something, right?

I’m from Liverpool and haven’t heard or seen his name mentioned once locally I’m afraid. There’s nothing stopping him becoming a big draw though

Possible? Yes. Realistic? No

He would have to KTFO of Wonderboy by Summer, then KTFO Tyrone in the title shot by the end of the year. That's the only way he can put himself up there with biggest name in MMA next to Conor. I think it can happen, but I don't think that it will happen by the end of the year.

I definitely think he will become a star in the UFC, but for him to become the biggest name in MMA, he can't simply beat wonderboy or woodley by decision, he has to knock some lights out.

who do they know that might surprise us?
that's it tho no one surprising. Typical casual fans. We were all big pride fans and ufc fans back in highschool so 2000-2002 era. If wand was on a card they would still think its a huge deal and be super shocked when a nobody knocks him out type thing. they all know conor obviously, brock and them. Some know cowboy(tills last win) but even then they wouldn't know much about him.

Absolute fucking animal with heaps upon heaps of potential. However dem steroids may be his downfall.

that's it tho no one surprising. Typical casual fans. We were all big pride fans and ufc fans back in highschool so 2000-2002 era. If wand was on a card they would still think its a huge deal and be super shocked when a nobody knocks him out type thing. they all know conor obviously, brock and them. Some know cowboy(tills last win) but even then they wouldn't know much about him.
ya. it stands to reason that only the few of us who follow the sport know his name.

he hopes it will change, of course. he seems to be doing everything right (wrecking Cerrone, mostly standup KTFO's, bravado).

but if he misses weight again, it won't be pretty with the fans.

you've got to actually fight to be considered "big"

Till versus either Thompson or Ponzi would be cool

Well he better get in the cage sometime soon

They need to put him on cards where more people are going to watch in order to build him and get him more hype that’s been the problem with him being on fight pass and never fighting in the US.

Why is he not fighting with whirlwind behind him? Is this genius WME's decision or steroids?

He can never nor will ever be bigger than Conor. Imagine this dude selling out stadiums thousands of miles away from his home just for people to hear him talk??? Heck, Id be shocked if he ever even gets a bigger following than PMP.

England seem to really get behind thier boxers so he could get a big following. However, I'm not sure there is the same hype for MMA as I never really saw a big following behind Bisping.

Back