Darren Till

I want to believe in him, he's got the style and charisma, but he needs to get matchups first. I really wanna see the Masvidal fight next.

Needs the nickname Roto. Darren the "Roto" Till plowin through the competition.

well if he starts fighting, then maybe

Him and Borrachinha should fight each other

Darren Till Interview with MMAUK:

http://www.mmauk.net/2018/02/23/interview-darren-till-ufc-welterweight-spearheading-british-mma/

"I’m going to be the biggest name in mixed martial arts by the end of this year."

Anyone think that's remotely possible? The hype around him in the UK is phenomenal, especially in Liverpool and around Merseyside, and judgement can easily be clouded by that so I would love to hear people's opinions of him from afar. He's clearly talented but I've yet to speak to any non-delusional MMA fan who thinks he can beat Woodley at this moment in time.
What hype? Round your way maybe but I've not seen fuck all about him in any papers, news or fucking anything and i'm just down the lancs from you.
Phenomenal is not a word I'd use.

well if he starts fighting, then maybe

Dude got one win under his belt against a declining, undersized opponent, and he's decided to sit out for a #1 contender's fight.

This is fucking ridiculous. It's laughable that Cerrone ended up fighting before he did.

ya. it stands to reason that only the few of us who follow the sport know his name.

he hopes it will change, of course. he seems to be doing everything right (wrecking Cerrone, mostly standup KTFO's, bravado).

but if he misses weight again, it won't be pretty with the fans.
Yea if he gets put on a big card and has a fight like he did against the Don casuals will be all in. My buddy's would for sure just based of muscles and stand up skills. They are those ppl unfortunitly

Yea if he gets put on a big card and has a fight like he did against the Don casuals will be all in. My buddy's would for sure just based of muscles and stand up skills. They are those ppl unfortunitly
thats alright - one of my best high school friends is, i'm quite sure, a sociopath lol

Pure casuals
From hard core to casuals. It changes around the first tuff. We were into it heavy 2000 to 2002 era up to about 05 then we got old and shit became not cool. One of them went on to fight in the UFC tho. Pretty fucking cool

Well Cowboy was his first big test and he performed excellent so im looking forward to his next fights, agree he shouldnt be sitting out after the Cerrone victory

He needs to sign to fight ASAP, he had plenty of buzz after the Cowboy fight but then he went MIA

What hype? Round your way maybe but I've not seen fuck all about him in any papers, news or fucking anything and i'm just down the lancs from you.
Phenomenal is not a word I'd use.

It's incredibly surprising for me, and perhaps eye-opening too, that people on the thread haven't even heard of him or don't rate him at all. In Liverpool the support he has is unreal, as do lesser known local fighters like Paddy "The Baddy" and Molly McCann. Everyone I've ever spoken to about Till from around the country knew who he was and had an opinion on him, but that might be more telling of my social circles than his popularity in the UK. Really interesting to hear other people's thoughts nonetheless.

How is he going to do that when he never fights?

It's incredibly surprising for me, and perhaps eye-opening too, that people on the thread haven't even heard of him or don't rate him at all. In Liverpool the support he has is unreal, as do lesser known local fighters like Paddy "The Baddy" and Molly McCann. Everyone I've ever spoken to about Till from around the country knew who he was and had an opinion on him, but that might be more telling of my social circles than his popularity in the UK. Really interesting to hear other people's thoughts nonetheless.
Look, if you're into mma you know who he is, that goes for whatever country you're in, he's in the biggest promotion for the sport, that doesn't mean anything though. He has zero UK promotion and nobody outside of the sport has heard of him. You have friends with an interest so of course they know him, how many times had he been mentioned in the papers? The news? Fucking anything apart from mma outlets? It's not just him though it's mma in general, the Sun gives the ufc s few column inches before a big card, but that's it.

How is he going to do that when he never fights?

Think the UFC were trying to save him for UFC London but talks with both Gunnar Nelson and Wonderboy. Till offered to fight Mike Perry straight after his gight in Poland so it's not like he's shying away, just seems that the UFC are trying to book him in a fight that will make a lot of money from British MMA fans as he's probably the hottest UK fighter in the company at the moment.

Why is he not fighting with whirlwind behind him? Is this genius WME's decision or steroids?

Nobody wants to fight anymore. The UFC is awarding inactivity anyway, so why even bother?

Not losing has become more important than winning.

Look, if you're into mma you know who he is, that goes for whatever country you're in, he's in the biggest promotion for the sport, that doesn't mean anything though. He has zero UK promotion and nobody outside of the sport has heard of him. You have friends with an interest so of course they know him, how many times had he been mentioned in the papers? The news? Fucking anything apart from mma outlets? It's not just him though it's mma in general, the Sun gives the ufc s few column inches before a big card, but that's it.

Completely agree with the fact that he's completely unknown outside of the sport. It was just that I know loads of people in my area that know nothing about MMA yet know Till through his local reputation etc - hence my surprise. Never expected him to be a household name, was just surprised how 'irrelevant' he is to MMA fans outside his local area as I thought he was more well known.

Dude got one win under his belt against a declining, undersized opponent, and he's decided to sit out for a #1 contender's fight.

This is fucking ridiculous. It's laughable that Cerrone ended up fighting before he did.
ha, I think he got injured recently. he was gonna fight gunnar but something happened. lucky gunnar

Back