Darren Till vs. Stephen Thompson Set For UFC Fight Night Liverpool Main Event

Who Wins?

• Total voters
is it just me, or is this not a terrible matchup for till?

This is a big test for Till.

I'd love to see Wonderbread get knocked silly though.

Def risk/reward, he's a title contender if he wins and his hype goes through the roof but he beat a struggle LW, looking at who he's fought before that doesnt scream fight number 2 WW in the world next.

Could have taken another fight or two, fought someone like Nelson, then move up to a Maia or Magny and then Wonderboy. Plus with RDA/Colby happening and winner having to fight Tyron even if Till wins he'll have to fight someone else before he'd get a titel shot.

Just seems like a risk they didnt need to take in this case. Let him have a winnable fight in his hometown, come off like a superstar and then you give him one of the big dogs.

and people say oh he's 25, not end of the world. Of course its not, people lose but hype isnt easily built back up. Look at someone like Cody G. he could come back and win back title but the hype that was there, the next possible superstar who was gonna get pushed to the moon if he beat TJ that doesnt automatically come back. Same with Ngannou. That kind of hype doesnt always come back.
and the hype wont come back lol

shitty matchmaking, good matchup for the fans. cant say ill complain since im not too big of a till fan. was hoping to see him emerge as a contender soon but WB may stop that.

Wonderboy and Tyron both owe me money as far as I’m conserned.

Hope Till forces a bloody scrap.... I really don’t care who wins this one so long as they actually engage.

Great fucking fight! Am stoked for this card!

Cool fight!
But is it too much too soon for Darren till?
Wonderboy is a serious striker!

Till will either be finished or outclassed until the decision

I'm from Liverpool and Wonderboy has been my favourite fighter for years. This is mental

A really good fight although I would've gone in a different direction in Till's hometown. Still if it's five rounds, Till is pretty much one punch away every punch he throws.

Not a bad matchup, I could see either guy winning but ill go with Till by dec

Awful matchmaking. You need to keep Wonderboy away from contenders as long as Woodley is champ.

Def risk/reward, he's a title contender if he wins and his hype goes through the roof but he beat a struggle LW, looking at who he's fought before that doesnt scream fight number 2 WW in the world next.

Could have taken another fight or two, fought someone like Nelson, then move up to a Maia or Magny and then Wonderboy. Plus with RDA/Colby happening and winner having to fight Tyron even if Till wins he'll have to fight someone else before he'd get a titel shot.

Just seems like a risk they didnt need to take in this case. Let him have a winnable fight in his hometown, come off like a superstar and then you give him one of the big dogs.

and people say oh he's 25, not end of the world. Of course its not, people lose but hype isnt easily built back up. Look at someone like Cody G. he could come back and win back title but the hype that was there, the next possible superstar who was gonna get pushed to the moon if he beat TJ that doesnt automatically come back. Same with Ngannou. That kind of hype doesnt always come back.

Agree 100% on the hype bit, another reason Cody was so hyped, his undefeated record. Till has that same thing going for him .... mix impressive finishes with an undefeated record .. that sells itself, and in that regard true, Till's biggest name so far - Donald Cerrone, so he's very young into his UFC career, and Till's resume def doesn't scream fight #2 WW next, as you say but lets take a quick peak at the UFC WW rankings and see how it shapes up. Just to give it some perspective

Champ Woodley - on the sidelines waiting for a money fight (GSP, Nate Diaz) that so far has failed to materialize

#1 Stephen Thompson - coming off a win over Masvidal

#2 RDA vs #3 Colby Covington at UFC 224 in May for interim title

#4 Robbie Lawler - lost his last fight vs RDA, tore his ACL in the process, he'll be out a while

#5 Demian Maia - lost his last 2 vs Champ Woodley & Covington

#6 Jorge Masvidal - lost his last 2 vs Maia & Wonder boy

and #7 Darren Till - who's fighting Thompson May 27th

so if they wanted to move Till slower and not match him with Nelson, I woulda liked to have seen Leon Edwards vs Till, as he's on a 5 fight win streak and had been calling for Till, so there's that.

because you're right, with that RDA-Colby interim title fight the winner of that fight would challenge next not Till, who if he doesn't get by Wonderboy ...

you have a hype train de-railed. **But that's what's fun about this fight, high stakes and a lot on the line, because whoever wins, gets right in line behind the Interim champ

one side of the argument is certainly maybe it is too soon for Till to go up against the #1 dude in the rankings

but the other side of it is - enough with the pussy footing, lets put this kid at the deep end of the pool and see if he can swim (Darren Till)

Back