Darren Till responds to Wonderboy’s evaluation of him.

I like both but being from the UK I will root for Till..

But to me it seems Wonderboy will have way too much experience and skills at this stage unless Till has some Jon Jones esque performance

Is that a lingo for PED ?

<{Heymansnicker}>

Styles makes fight.

Wonderboy elite striking was shit against Woodley. Tyron has only an overhand right and he landed that all night.
In the first fight he landed it like 3 or 4 times in 5 rounds. Let's not just make shit up now.

Yea, Wonderboy had a long career in combat sports before he joined the UFC. Till is not likely to "put the fear of God" in him like he thinks. He might beat Wonderboy but he can't make Wonderboy check out mentally.

I really don't see what I'm missing with WB..? I think his style terribly lopsided to his sole discipline and once out of it it he looks rather basic. I think Till as enough youth, cock(iness) athletic fighting to throw a shook WB off his game. You're right WB does have a long career of combat sport point tournament fighting.

But real fighting with martial arts I don't see it in him?

This will be bumped. Wonderbread has better kicks but that is it. Till is excellent from range and has superior power. Wonderbread is nowhere close to being immune to a superb striker like Till.
I hope you are right. I just want good fight, I don't care who wins.

I really don't see what I'm missing with WB..? I think his style terribly lopsided to his sole discipline and once out of it it he looks rather basic. I think Till as enough youth, cock(iness) athletic fighting to throw a shook WB off his game. You're right WB does have a long career of combat sport point tournament fighting.

There's no shame in just not liking Wonderboy's style of fighting but he has been pretty bad ass man. He's 14-2 and has wins over Bobby Knuckles, Patrick Cote, Bigg Rigg, Rory MacDonald, and Jorge Masvidal. He also fought Woodley to a Draw and then the second time only lost by Majority Decision. So basically, don't be surprised if he gives Till a loss.

I thought thompson's assessment was just honest. And if he thinks he's gonna rattle WB with anything, then WB is right and he's way over confident. including kickboxing, WB has had like 80 fights. He fought at MSG for the belt. Dude's a pro, he doesn't get rattled. Till could certainly catch him and KO him, but if they fight 50 times, maybe he beats WB 1 or 2 of those. He's just not on the same level of striking yet.

WB is way more skilled, but he's also 37 years old and Till looks sharper each time out. WB is the rightful favorite but not -2500.

WB is way more skilled, but he's also 37 years old and Till looks sharper each time out. WB is the rightful favorite but not -2500.

I am going to put large amount of money for Darren. WB is more skilled, but he is also 37 years old like you mentioned and his style is mostly based on reaction speed. Till is very good at feints and his 1-2 is best i've ever seen on UFC.

rewatched Till vs Cerrone, there's little spectacular in there. He was aggressive, but cowboy did not look good in that fight. Till threw no leg kicks in the Cerrone fight, just hands. I dont think he has an advantage on WB in the standup, punching or kicking. Woodley hits harder than Till and WB survived huge shots from Woodley. Maybe Till can catch WB, but i doubt it. In the absence of that, i see this as being a kickboxing clinic by WB.

You're right there's not gonna be a Woodley vs WB 3. not a chance, but if RDA beats Colby as i expect him to. RDA can definitely take a decision off Woodley via volume and activity.
Wb could definitely slide in for a fight vs RDA if he beats Till.

The big question for me is what does Till do if WB is still there in the 3rd or 4th? Not sure he has the experience to make the adjustments he'd need. More than likely he'll get desperate for the KO and leave himself open to counters from WB and get picked apart, maybe even TKO'd late.

Be a fun one tho, for sure.

No, he has a pretty straight forward style. I haven't seen him use leg kicks in any of his fights either, but his background is Thai Boxing, so I think that could be a tactic he uses. If he uses them and chops down on Thompson's leg(s) it doesn't take many kicks for a fighter to have their opponent hurt. It's going to be hard to land on Thompson as he switches stances and keeps distance well.

I only mention the leg kicks as Till talked about his striking base being what it is and how he had to change it when he got into MMA, but who knows what'll happen. Again, imo, I thought parts of Thompson and Woodley 1 was cack and it was almost a case of a stand off like in the 2nd fight. The name of the game, obviously, is to do something different/what your opponent is not expecting which takes time.

Even when Thompson was critiquing Till he talked about how Cerrone was really a LW - which I'm not sure what the point was there - you could turn around and say that Thompson beat Masvidal who had fought at LW the majority of his career in the UFC.

The fighters can say what they want about their personal goals or what they think of their opponent's skill-set. Till is talking about winning 3 belts which is looking just a tad bit ahead of himself, while Thompson feels he's close to earning another title shot and probably has a Miocic complex as he probably feels he's being fed to someone who the UFC have given a bit of a push.

Yeah if dos Anjos beats Covington and Woodley, then Thompson has a chance to go for a title shot again. I just hope the UFC have a good back up plan if one of them gets injured and pulls out.

Funny how people totally dismiss the cowboy win.
Dude finished story
And had a very close fight with lawler.
Not a top 5ww, but cowboy was a legit top 10 ww.

Not saying Till will win or not but dismissing the cowboy win is stupid.

Till likes to to sit back, use a reach, counter. I think that will cater Wonderboy perfectly.

Although I would like to see Till pressure Wonderboy, not let him set in his stances to measure. I am a firm believer that MT when used right, beats karate.
Like Machida versus shogun

I am going to put large amount of money for Darren. WB is more skilled, but he is also 37 years old like you mentioned and his style is mostly based on reaction speed. Till is very good at feints and his 1-2 is best i've ever seen on UFC.
Wonderboy turned 35 2 months ago

Darren Till smashes his legs. In the second round he finds the timing for his big left. Wonderbread wilts. Darren Till finishes him in the 3rd or 4th round. You heard it here first folks. Might as well not even watch the fight.

No, he has a pretty straight forward style. I haven't seen him use leg kicks in any of his fights either, but his background is Thai Boxing, so I think that could be a tactic he uses. If he uses them and chops down on Thompson's leg(s) it doesn't take many kicks for a fighter to have their opponent hurt. It's going to be hard to land on Thompson as he switches stances and keeps distance well.

I only mention the leg kicks as Till talked about his striking base being what it is and how he had to change it when he got into MMA, but who knows what'll happen. Again, imo, I thought parts of Thompson and Woodley 1 was cack and it was almost a case of a stand off like in the 2nd fight. The name of the game, obviously, is to do something different/what your opponent is not expecting which takes time.

Even when Thompson was critiquing Till he talked about how Cerrone was really a LW - which I'm not sure what the point was there - you could turn around and say that Thompson beat Masvidal who had fought at LW the majority of his career in the UFC.

The fighters can say what they want about their personal goals or what they think of their opponent's skill-set. Till is talking about winning 3 belts which is looking just a tad bit ahead of himself, while Thompson feels he's close to earning another title shot and probably has a Miocic complex as he probably feels he's being fed to someone who the UFC have given a bit of a push.

Yeah if dos Anjos beats Covington and Woodley, then Thompson has a chance to go for a title shot again. I just hope the UFC have a good back up plan if one of them gets injured and pulls out.
Yea, Masvidal was a longtime LW like Cerrone. But WB has also beat a WW former champ, a former title challenger (Rory), Ellenberger, Cote and Whittaker at WW. I think thompson was just saying more "this kid beat 1 top 10 guy, and it was a former LW on a 2 fight skid, who looked pretty bad in that fight. and now he's fighting the #3 contender?" it's a little quick. but we'll see.

I think what you're missing is that despite being "lopsided", up to his title shot, (not counting the Brown loss), WB has KO'd or completely befuddled everyone they've put in front of him including the current MW champ, the former WW champ and the current Bellator WW champ. And post his title shots, he just handily beat Masvidal who's a tough out for anyone. Till may beat him, but i don't think anyone can throw WB off his game. He's as pro as it gets. Should be a good fight, looking forward to it.

I think what you're missing is that despite being "lopsided", up to his title shot, (not counting the Brown loss), WB has KO'd or completely befuddled everyone they've put in front of him including the current MW champ, the former WW champ and the current Bellator WW champ. And post his title shots, he just handily beat Masvidal who's a tough out for anyone. Till may beat him, but i don't think anyone can throw WB off his game. He's as pro as it gets. Should be a good fight, looking forward to it.

Well we both see him in very different ways his best win to me was Whittaker who got caught in that WB trap. Matt Brown & Woodley didn't play his game and forced him to fight, which he's still learning to do in my eyez. Fighters that move well and can move forward take him to decisions or losses flat footers are standing targets a ko's in waiting, I'm just not sold on the man, I think he should be teaching milfs & kidz karate lessons, leave mma to real fighters I much prefer Machida's brand of mma karate.

This will be one killer standup scrap

Won't look forward to this fight until they are both in the cage, too much cancelled fights lately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back