Darren Till responds to Wonderboy’s evaluation of him.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Darren Till couldn’t believe his ears when he heard his UFC Liverpool opponent Stephen Thompson evaluate his fighting ability.

At the recent 25th anniversary press conference, Till was supposed to face off with “Wonderboy” for the first time since their Echo Arena main event was announced.

Although he couldn’t attend the event due to a family issue, “The Gorilla” remarked that he would have liked to have the opportunity to “put the fear of God” in the decorated kickboxer.

“I was gutted I couldn’t make it,” Till told MMA Fighting.

“It would have been good to put the fear of God in him, wouldn’t it? I only watched some bits of [the 25th anniversary press conference]. I know people wanted me to be there, but I really couldn’t be there. I know people wanted to see me face off with Stephen and what would happen, but don’t worry that’s all coming.”

Usually known for his cordial approach to fights, Thompson shocked a lot of people when he announced that he has been unimpressed with the “overconfident” Liverpudlian on a recent episode of The MMA Hour.

Till was pretty baffled by Thompson’s assessment too.

“I did see it. I really didn’t think it was Stephen Thompson when I was listening to him. He usually comes across as a good, respectful guy when he’s talking about his opponents,” Till said.

“Why is he talking like that about me? Is he upset that he had to take the fight against me? You know, I’m a nobody as far as some people are concerned, but I really didn’t think that was the real Stephen Thompson.”

Thompson claimed he was looking forward to competing in front of Till’s hometown crowd, which made the undefeated Brit question if the former title contender knows what he has signed up for.

“I really don’t know what to say about that. Nobody has ever seen a Liverpool card in the UFC. I know we’ve seen Cage Warriors and that’s a good enough show on its own, but let’s see how he feels when he’s walking into the lion’s den.

“It’s going to be fun for me…and it might be fun for him too. We’re going to go in there and try to kill each other. Based on what he said I don’t think he knows what Liverpool people are all about,” he said.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

I think this might be too much too soon for Darren. Can't wait for the fight.

Can’t wait. Got my ticket in the pre-sale. £117 though once we divvied up the “fight club” fee of £100 on top of the ticket prices.

Scandalous price for that card.

I think we may have a JUST BLEED special on our hands folks.
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>
Unlikely. You're not gonna drag Wonderboy into a slugfest, he's too smart and technical.

blah blah blah

looking forward to this fight
i think Thompson will be just too elite for till but I've not seen much of till so who knows

Does anyone else already hate darren till? This dude acts sounds and most likely is a huge prick. His arrogance will be his demise.

Does anyone else already hate darren till? This dude acts sounds and most likely is a huge prick. His arrogance will be his demise.
I think you got him and Colby mixed up.

I think we may have a JUST BLEED special on our hands folks.
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>
PENN13.jpg

Come on Liverpool FC champions league final we gona do it......... fuck u stefen

Till looked fantastic vs Cowboy (who wasn't an elite WW). that's it really.. Wonderboy has beat far more top guys

I like both but being from the UK I will root for Till..

But to me it seems Wonderboy will have way too much experience and skills at this stage unless Till has some Jon Jones esque performance

I thought thompson's assessment was just honest. And if he thinks he's gonna rattle WB with anything, then WB is right and he's way over confident. including kickboxing, WB has had like 80 fights. He fought at MSG for the belt. Dude's a pro, he doesn't get rattled. Till could certainly catch him and KO him, but if they fight 50 times, maybe he beats WB 1 or 2 of those. He's just not on the same level of striking yet.

Is it weird that I read that in Tills voice?

I thought thompson's assessment was just honest. And if he thinks he's gonna rattle WB with anything, then WB is right and he's way over confident. including kickboxing, WB has had like 80 fights. He fought at MSG for the belt. Dude's a pro, he doesn't get rattled. Till could certainly catch him and KO him, but if they fight 50 times, maybe he beats WB 1 or 2 of those. He's just not on the same level of striking yet.

WB kicks are elite as Fook. Definitely one of the best in the business. But I don’t think his striking is considered elite at all. It’s definately good but not elite.

Wonderboy's assessment of the situation was exactly right. Till fought a bunch of low-level fighters and didn't exactly set the world on fire. All his buzz is based on the Cowboy fight, but Cowboy is not even close to being an elite WW; hell, he's not even a WW.

For the sake of the division, I hope Till turns out to be the real deal. But at this point, his hype doesn't match his actual accomplishments. And he certainly doesn't deserve to fight the #2 WW. A fight against someone like Ponz or Magny would have been much more reasonable.

That being said, this is a fund stylistic matchup and I'll certainly watch.

Till is both shook and rustled. The end.

I hope Till knocks Wonderboy into another dimension. Never been a fan of him.

I thought Masvidal was a more legitimate threat & he barely mounted any offense against Wonderboy. Is Till really that good? All I've seen is his KO over Cerrone.

Back