Darren till: emergency family issue the reason for missing weight.

I am about to have a family emergency myself tonight, it’s called pasta with white clam sauce..

Family emergency = He had to go to Uncle Bill's beer & pizza party and couldn't upset the host by eating lightly?
Probably more likely Harry ramsdens fish and chip emporeum.

God damn, Sherdoggers are so moronic lol. This is a self hate thing for me to be on this forum.

Makes sense.

You certainly aren’t here for our benefit.

Zing.

Also, what’s this about Till leaving his kid?

How?
If I'm late for work because of a family emergency - should I not even mention it?
Just waltz in and say "Yep. I'm late"?
No, you should mention it. But if you had a month to prepare a report and you didn't do it because on the last day you had family emergency then your excuse is weak and then fuck your family emergency.

This is what Till did. He had a full training camp to drop weight, he didn't do it in time and now he is blaming on some phantom family emergency that probably didn't even happen or they didn't even need him there. Dude is just making an excuse.

Definitely has nothing to with cutting from 215 lbs

Didn't watch the interview, at work, but who is the interviewer and is she hot ?

From the douchebag who just stated something along the lines of "fuck everyone. I don't even talk to my daughter because I'm such a focused badass."

Frankie Edgar lost his father and his grandfather within a span of weeks. Weeks! Define "family emergency." If you can't at least generalize it, it is a bullshit excuse.

I thought Till had a good shot here, but this presents new problems for him. If he rehydrates to over 188 normally, he might not come in fully hydrated and in peak form. I haven’t cut weight like that, but I’m thinking it could possibly be a problem for him....

He probably rehydrates to upward of 200, so this is going to almost certainly result in a shitty performance if it goes past the first round.

Emergency meeting = dinner was being served.

And what was his excuse for coming in six lbs over against Jessin Ayari?

Dude has missed weight TWICE now, in his last 4 fights.

Mr., "I'm a light-heavyweight fighting at welterweight, and there's not a f*cking thing anyone can do about it."

Note that Rumble, notorious for being an oversized 170 lber, only missed weight twice in ten fights in that weight class in the UFC.

Till has missed twice in six UFC fights, and he was originally a MW anyway.

Note that Rumble, notorious for being an oversized 170 lber, only missed weight twice in ten fights in that weight class in the UFC.

Till has missed twice in six UFC fights, and he was originally a MW anyway.
Yea but till isn't black so it doesn't count..

phil collen just used the same excuse to drop out of his tour- must be a british thang

But if you had a month to prepare a report and you didn't do it because on the last day you had family emergency then your excuse is weak and then fuck your family emergency.
Good allegory. I agree.
It's like someone who constantly tries to pull an all-nighter before every big assignment, instead of preparing in advance. Sometimes it works - but it's too dependent on everything going perfectly those last few hours. A bump in the road means you're fucked.

Too many fighters, like Till, seem to base their weight cut on the same concept.

Back