Dark Souls 3 - The Ringed City DLC

So I just finished the Ringed City DLC and...

Is that it? I killed Slave Knight Gael and there was no cut scene or anything. I can't find anywhere else to go. Is this really how it ends?

Is that it? I killed Slave Knight Gael and there was no cut scene or anything. I can't find anywhere else to go. Is this really how it ends?

Maybe you should return to Ariandel Chapel...

Mad props man. That was clean as hell. I don't think I could do it. I get too antzy. Would end up leroy jenkins his ass haha.
Thanks. I died to everything in my early attempts but you slowly learn to recognize attack patterns and how to position yourself properly. I think anyone can do it with enough persistence.

That's a really fun fight so I never got frustrated either, which is a nice change from the first boss.

If I was overdosing on ridalin (sp) and adderrol(sp again) I still wouldn't have the focus for that. Cheesed him with the exile curved greatsword. That weapon was way too op.

If I was overdosing on ridalin (sp) and adderrol(sp again) I still wouldn't have the focus for that. Cheesed him with the exile curved greatsword. That weapon was way too op.
I still haven't tried the exile. I've been meaning to forever but it's so damn heavy and I hate putting points into equip load. Is it really that OP now?

Give the blood to the NPC up the ladder in Ariendal Chapel

I still haven't tried the exile. I've been meaning to forever but it's so damn heavy and I hate putting points into equip load. Is it really that OP now?
They nerfed it but it is still crazy powerful. Especially for the speed and stam consumption. Before nerf I had 66 strength heavy gem 2 handed fully buffed was close to 900 ar. Killed midir in 2-3 minutes...

ok, i deserved this.

i was practically bragging in the nioh thread and previous souls threads whenever i'd post "these games aren't hard, they're just about patience, i only died 3x in nioh blah blah blah"

i'm getting f'ing THROTTLED by darkeater midir. holy f'ing shit, f this boss. the way he spins around out of range of EVERYTHING every freakin time i get a chance to land a big shot.. the way he oneshots you (practically) w/the laser beam if you get caught.. the way his attacks go "around" your shield all the time..

i've died 8-10 times, easily, and i am in no hurry to go back..

k, time to read up on the thread like a good poster should('ve) and see if others are hating this guy as much as i am...

wow, no one else struggling with darkeater midir!?

wow, no one else struggling with darkeater midir!?
You'll get used to his patterns and tells on his attacks. The first time I fought him I couldn't figure him out for the life of me.

ok, i deserved this.

i was practically bragging in the nioh thread and previous souls threads whenever i'd post "these games aren't hard, they're just about patience, i only died 3x in nioh blah blah blah"

i'm getting f'ing THROTTLED by darkeater midir. holy f'ing shit, f this boss. the way he spins around out of range of EVERYTHING every freakin time i get a chance to land a big shot.. the way he oneshots you (practically) w/the laser beam if you get caught.. the way his attacks go "around" your shield all the time..

i've died 8-10 times, easily, and i am in no hurry to go back..

k, time to read up on the thread like a good poster should('ve) and see if others are hating this guy as much as i am...

I still remember my first play through of Dark Souls 2 struggling so much with the Ancient Dragon. Not that he's really that bad, but I had issues with him. Literally died upwards of 100 times before I beat him.

I still remember my first play through of Dark Souls 2 struggling so much with the Ancient Dragon. Not that he's really that bad, but I had issues with him. Literally died upwards of 100 times before I beat him.

hahaha, my first time thru DS2 (on 360) i didn't ever kill him.. i got one-shot and was like "nope, F THIS boss, obviously unkillable" -- then realized when i played again on ps4 on scholar of first sin edition... "oh, he only has 3 moves, and they all one-shot you, bust just recognize the three moves" hehe

but man, F dark eater midir, F him so hard.. just one of those things, i guess.. i haven't struggled this badly on a boss since the FIRST TIME i did ornstein and smough.. in all souls' games and bb etc. darkeater midir can DIAF.

hahaha, my first time thru DS2 (on 360) i didn't ever kill him.. i got one-shot and was like "nope, F THIS boss, obviously unkillable" -- then realized when i played again on ps4 on scholar of first sin edition... "oh, he only has 3 moves, and they all one-shot you, bust just recognize the three moves" hehe

but man, F dark eater midir, F him so hard.. just one of those things, i guess.. i haven't struggled this badly on a boss since the FIRST TIME i did ornstein and smough.. in all souls' games and bb etc. darkeater midir can DIAF.
I struggled with Midir a lot too but once you figure him out, he's a lot of fun. Probably my favourite part of the DLC now.

Everyone has their boss man. It sometimes has a lot to do with your build or weapon load out too. Midir is a lot easier with weapons that hit overhead like dragon greataxe etc.

Everyone has their boss man. It sometimes has a lot to do with your build or weapon load out too. Midir is a lot easier with weapons that hit overhead like dragon greataxe etc.

no doubt.. absolutely true.

Loved the DLC, and Midir and Gael were pretty sick boss fights. I was doing the game on some new game plus on my first file where I got the platinum so Midir would pretty much take all my health with his charge attack and tail whip, and his charged fire breath would just one shot me full hp. He must have killed me 40 times before I found a pattern to use, and even then I would die because he hits so damn hard. IMO the best dragon fight out of all Souls games. It actually felt like I was fighting a dragon.

Loved the DLC, and Midir and Gael were pretty sick boss fights. I was doing the game on some new game plus on my first file where I got the platinum so Midir would pretty much take all my health with his charge attack and tail whip, and his charged fire breath would just one shot me full hp. He must have killed me 40 times before I found a pattern to use, and even then I would die because he hits so damn hard. IMO the best dragon fight out of all Souls games. It actually felt like I was fighting a dragon.
Midir's design is definitely the best they've ever come up with. His movement and the sense of scale in that fight are amazing. From did an incredible job.

Back