Dark Souls 3 - The Ringed City DLC

After playing DS3 and Bloodborne (Including all DLC's) at NG+7 back-to back, i decided to rank the bosses in both games and while Bloodborne has a bigger consistency in quality and a lot less gimmick bosses, DS3's upper tier is unbelievably good.

BLOODBORNE

GOD-Tier

Orphan of Kos
Ludwig

Great-Tier

Lady Maria
Gehrman
Father Gascoigne
Ebrietas

Good-Tier

Martyr Logarius
Shadow of Yharnam
Laurence the First Vicar
Rom
Blood Starved Beast

Meh-Tier

Cleric Beast
Amygdala
Micolash
Mergo's Wet Nurse
Moon Presence

Awful-Tier

Celestial Emissary
Living Failures
One Reborn
Witch of Hemwick

DARK SOULS 3

GOD-Tier

The Nameless King
Midir
Sister Friede
Slave Knight Gael

Great-Tier

Soul of Cinder
Twin Princes
Abyss Watchers
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Champion Gundyr
Dancer of the Boreal

Good-Tier

Demon Prince
Dragonslayer Armour
Aldrich
Oceiros

Meh-Tier

Champion Gravetender
Bordt of the Boreal
Iudex Gundyr
Crystal Sage
Old Demon King

Awful-Tier

Curse Rotted Greatwood
Halflight
Deacons of the Deep
Yhorm
Ancient Wyvern
High Lord Wolnir

As to the blood vial argument, i think both games are on equal footing as far as health management is concerned.

You have to spend blood vials in Bloodborne but every second enemy drops them and some like the executioners/werewolves/trolls drop 2 or 3 at a time. You also have the ability to recover your health by countering which makes taking hits by lesser enemies inconsequential. On top of that you can place the Blood Rupture rune, where a visceral attack restores your health. You can beat Gehrman, Gascoigne and Logarius with zero blood vials with this rune even if you take hits.

In DS3 you don't have to spent estus' but you also can't pick them up along the way or recover by countering so you have # number of vials from bonfire to bonfire. The difference here is that you have a bonfire every 5 minutes so 10+ vials should be enough for any non-boss encounter.

finished Ringed City yesterday.... Fuck that Dragon..died 34 times before killing him with Pestilient mist.

Gael...I summoned an helper so it took me 2 trys...I feel ashamed but I tryed 7 times alones and it was shit:(

finished Ringed City yesterday.... Fuck that Dragon..died 34 times before killing him with Pestilient mist.

Gael...I summoned an helper so it took me 2 trys...I feel ashamed but I tryed 7 times alones and it was shit:(
Well now you have a goal for the next time you fight Gael. I honestly love that boss battle so much I refuse to summon.

I uninstalled the game and went to other stuff after getting frustrated for 2-3 days with Midir and him ahha!!

1 day i'll beat him fair and square...when I replay it in 1 year with a diff. build.

Just beat the Slave Knight. What an awesome battle that was!

The DLC was good. I liked the DLC in DS2 better though.

And fuck From Software for making this game have such a shitty unstable frame rate on consoles. Not cool considering 2 was 60 fps.

And fuck From Software for making this game have such a shitty unstable frame rate on consoles. Not cool considering 2 was 60 fps.
Agreed. There should have been an option for 60 fps on consoles that can handle it, like PS4 Pro. Hopefully From makes it a standard going forward. 30 just doesn't cut it anymore.

Agreed. There should have been an option for 60 fps on consoles that can handle it, like PS4 Pro. Hopefully From makes it a standard going forward. 30 just doesn't cut it anymore.

How come the last boss in Dark Souls games are so easy? Lol

I thought Cinder and Gehrman were good bosses but you're right about Demons and DS2. Even Gwyn was a nightmare until I learned how to parry.

You’ve got a point. I was able to Solo Cinder and Gerhman after only a few tries. There’s several other bosses in the series that I simply cannot beat alone.

Just beat the Slave Knight. What an awesome battle that was!
If you're still into pvp, you should check out StrayKurtis on Twitch and YT. Fun to watch and very technical. Weapon swaps, reverse rolls and backsteps, setup parries, etc, and he often does it with shit tier weapons.

Back