Dark Souls 1

The hell is going on itt?

You know, the usual. Did you build your PC yet?
Confused by all the Nioh talk.

Not even close lol. Still just an idea in the back of my head.

Had a ridiculous amount of stuff going on so my gaming time has been severely reduced.

Confused by all the Nioh talk.

Not even close lol. Still just an idea in the back of my head.

Had a ridiculous amount of stuff going on so my gaming time has been severely reduced.
There isn't enough interest in Nioh anymore for its own thread so the second DLC is just being discussed wherever. I'm playing lots of DS1 at the moment so it just ended up here.

Buying a PC and being able to play at 60fps has given me a new interest in this game. It's probably the wrong time to build one though with the CPU and GPU shortage. It's crazy how expensive parts are now because of it.

Buying a PC and being able to play at 60fps has given me a new interest in this game. It's probably the wrong time to build one though with the CPU and GPU shortage. It's crazy how expensive parts are now because of it.
Tell me about it, I started gathering parts a few months ago to build one and have everything but the CPU and GPU which I've seen go up drastically.

Tell me about it, I started gathering parts a few months ago to build one and have everything but the CPU and GPU which I've seen go up drastically.
I was planning to build one but eventually realized it was cheaper to buy. There is just no supply of mid range CPUs or GPUs right now.

Yeah not playing this game anymore. Only played it for the sake of completing the series.
You haven't truly beaten it yet until you have beaten Artorius, Kalameet, and Manus. Hell, those 3 are worth fighting just because of how fun they are to fight. (even if they are hard as hell)

Started getting the itch to play some DS1 recently so I'm doing a full SL1 run. Never did the DLC at that level so it should be a good challenge.

I'm also going to start experimenting with an RTSR setup. I don't think I've ever really made use of it.

That place is normally a nightmare on first playthroughs but you found it easy. Go figure.

I thought it was easy too and I remember you were surprised lol. It was a fun level.

Question.. Does the 60fps add on for Dark Souls 1 on PC still let you play online?

I thought it was easy too and I remember you were surprised lol. It was a fun level.

Question.. Does the 60fps add on for Dark Souls 1 on PC still let you play online?
Oh yeah, DSfix still works while online. I lost a no death run recently because I forgot to go offline and some twink invaded me just before Gargoyles, lol.

Started getting the itch to play some DS1 recently so I'm doing a full SL1 run. Never did the DLC at that level so it should be a good challenge.

I'm also going to start experimenting with an RTSR setup. I don't think I've ever really made use of it.
Right on! Have fun. The DLC is a really good challenge at SL1.

I've been messing around in DS3 recently and call me crazy but after playing DS1 all summer I've come to realize I prefer DS1 now. I like the responsiveness of the controls more, plus the world design and weapon movesets. The lock on mechanic is better in DS3 but you can get around that by fighting enemies unlocked.

Oh yeah, DSfix still works while online. I lost a no death run recently because I forgot to go offline and some twink invaded me just before Gargoyles, lol.

So there's no issue or "controversy" over many having to play with 30fps(or less in many cases) online against 60fps gamers? It doesn't make it unfair?

This seems to be an issue brought up these days with the PS4 Pro and One X being able to do a higher frame rate compared to the original systems.

So there's no issue or "controversy" over many having to play with 30fps(or less in many cases) online against 60fps gamers? It doesn't make it unfair?

This seems to be an issue brought up these days with the PS4 Pro and One X being able to do a higher frame rate compared to the original systems.
I don't think so. The PC crowd is used to having frame rate inequality since everyone has different hardware.

Right on! Have fun. The DLC is a really good challenge at SL1.

I've been messing around in DS3 recently and call me crazy but after playing DS1 all summer I've come to realize I prefer DS1 now. I like the responsiveness of the controls more, plus the world design and weapon movesets. The lock on mechanic is better in DS3 but you can get around that by fighting enemies unlocked.
DS1 is probably the game I've spent the fewest amount of hours on in the trilogy. I'm having to relearn quite a bit when it comes to boss fights. It's been well over a year, maybe two, since I've done a full play through.

Played for a few hours last night and got through Ceaseless. Hardest part of the run so far has been the run to Capra haha.

DS1 and 3 have always been close to me but taking on the game again really gives me a better appreciation for 1. I think I'd personally rank it over 3 as well.

@KidBaize

In DS3, do you usually fast or medium roll? Been fast rolling the whole time but with a Claymore, I cant wear anything at all to stay under 30%. Even with the Havel ring and putting a lot of points in vitality.

Is fast rolling not that popular?

@KidBaize

In DS3, do you usually fast or medium roll? Been fast rolling the whole time but with a Claymore, I cant wear anything at all to stay under 30%. Even with the Havel ring and putting a lot of points in vitality.

Is fast rolling not that popular?
Yeah I fast roll in all the games. Can't stand mid or fat rolling even if it means going naked. I can't even watch streamers play that way, lol. Don't know how anyone tortures themselves like that.

Back