Danny Garcia vs Mauricio Herrera?

I'd say you'd need to give him at least 2 of the last 4 rounds. to herrera. but I'll watch the rest. after I finish watching arrow. sometimes spoilers get too much credit though.

If you want to see how people scored the fight, check back a few pages.

I'd say you'd need to give him at least 2 of the last 4 rounds. to herrera. but I'll watch the rest. after I finish watching arrow. sometimes spoilers get too much credit though.

That could be true. I thought Marquez got too much credit in the 3rd Pacquiao fight.

But Mo Herrera schooled Danny. Danny's face was just a mess. His dad was screaming at him in the corner which was hilarious. The funny thing is, it's not the first time Danny got lit up by a boxer. Look at the first two rounds against Khan. Those were lop-sided rounds. Some idiots will claim "Well Garcia was setting Khan up those rounds". Which is not the case lmao. You don't take 40 punches to the face in 2 rounds just to set up your opponent. He found an opening in the third due to Khan's recklessness, but he was getting absolutely lit up prior to that.

If I was Khan I would jump on the rematch against Garcia. I'm telling you Garcia will not be able to handle these types of boxers going forward. Especially at 147.

NOT P4P.

That could be true. I thought Marquez got too much credit in the 3rd Pacquiao fight.

But Mo Herrera schooled Danny. Danny's face was just a mess. His dad was screaming at him in the corner which was hilarious. The funny thing is, it's not the first time Danny got lit up by a boxer. Look at the first two rounds against Khan. Those were lop-sided rounds. Some idiots will claim "Well Garcia was setting Khan up those rounds". Which is not the case lmao. You don't take 40 punches to the face in 2 rounds just to set up your opponent. He found an opening in the third due to Khan's recklessness, but he was getting absolutely lit up prior to that.

If I was Khan I would jump on the rematch against Garcia. I'm telling you Garcia will not be able to handle these types of boxers going forward. Especially at 147.

NOT P4P.

Khan outboxes/outworks every opponent early on....I don't know why everyone thinks Khan winning the first 2 freaking rounds against Garcia is so telling....It was 2 damn rounds for Christ sake and then Danny knocked him down 3 times...Once again Khan always comes out ahead early on (except for Prescott) against all his opponents...

You don't like Danny because of his Dad and I don't like GGG because of all the hype so we are one in the same.

You can nitpick at any fighter and find underwhelming performances....Humans aren't perfect.

i cant find a download of the fight actually which I find odd

Nah I love Kovalev lol, but I'm not sure if he will beat Adonis or Hopkins....You make some fair points I just get tired when "foreign" fighters get hyped up so much...But it is what it is. It's not to bad on Sherdog, but you go to some other forums and literally every 3rd thread is about how GGG is some alien god who will KO Ward and Hopkins at the same time in 1 round.

what you just described is more of an MMA thing than it is boxing .
like how some people convinced themselves that aoki would spank every lightweight in the ufc, or how some random M-1 heavyweight is the next big thing etc...

and like seano said , the reason some fans go crazy over these guys is the punching power, not this supposed exoticness. nobody gives a shit about shumenov, a guy from the same country as GGG, and with a better resume actually .why ? no KO's.

nobody gave a shit about mathysse's compatriot sergio martinez until his win over williams. why ? people love KO's, they appeal to the lowest common denominator .

there is a middle ground between thinking that an untested guy with KO power is an unbeatable god , and baselessly anticipating him to get exposed and picking against him everytime he faces a world class opponent . that middle ground for me is simply reserving judgment on the fighter and waiting to see how he does against different styles when he steps up.

hype isn't entirely a bad thing either , it's the reason you'll get goosebumps when martinez faces GGG in the center of the ring .

sadly 100 fake videos saying "sign up for this link"

I'll wait until tomorrow I can find 5 diffrent formats for the undercard just not the main event.

3 out 4 are up.
ShoEx tomorrow will replay it.

finally found a medium quality download I'll do a full round by round

have it 2-0 garcia after two.

Looked pretty even.

I wont argue with 115-113 either way. not a very easy fight to score.
garcia looked like a boss for the first 4 rounds though. might have won all 4 of those.

I thought Garcia gave away the early rounds.

I gave Garcia 8 rounds.

As I've said before, I personally don't score rounds by counting punches.

I DID see a couple of close rounds and could have agreed with the 114/114 score though. But I don't see how people had Herrera winning that fight.

I keep seeing people pointing out punch stats and jabs but Garcia outlanded Herrera in power by a considerable margin, I'm not sure why people keep leaving that out. I don't care for punch stats as evidence but if you're going to look at one guys stats, look at the other guys stats too. We all know judges favor power over jabs 99.9999999% of the time. Garcia vs Herrera wasn't an amateur fight, where outlanding a guy means you won.

Garcia's "power punching" wasn't effective though. I actually think Herrera's jab was the most effective punch in the fight by a wide margin. I agree that power punching should be favored if it effects the fighter more so than a jab but that wasn't apparent in this match IMO. So yes purely on power punching stats, I can see how one would score it in favor of Garcia. However, all those stats really say is that Garcia threw a more diverse set of punches. IMO, in this match they didn't hold more weight than a jab.

How the hell did you give Garcia the 2nd round?...

herrera had a way better round than round 1 but all he really landed was jabs nothing in way of power. and danny landed all the meaningful punches.

Garcia's "power punching" wasn't effective though. I actually think Herrera's jab was the most effective punch in the fight by a wide margin. I agree that power punching should be favored if it effects the fighter more so than a jab but that wasn't apparent in this match IMO. So yes purely on power punching stats, I can see how one would score it in favor of Garcia. However, all those stats really say is that Garcia threw a more diverse set of punches. IMO, in this match they didn't hold more weight than a jab.

his power punching was effective though, this was a close fact I cant deny that but I have no issue with anyone scoring it for garcia. though 116-112 seems a bit wide and giving garcia every close round.

115-113, 114-114 seemed to be more like the real story.

Herrera did way better than expected though. danny seemed a bit gassed late and thats where he lost most of the rounds

Back