Danny Garcia-Brandon Rios, Benavidez-Gavril II 2/17 Mandalay Bay

Well that went as expected. Swift finally landed the knockout punch with his head up lol.

As much as I cant stand to watch Porter fight, Danny needs to take that and get it done if he wants to be relevant. Hopefully Swift uncorks that right hand before Porter can hug him to death.

Well that went as expected. Swift finally landed the knockout punch with his head up lol.

As much as I cant stand to watch Porter fight, Danny needs to take that and get it done if he wants to be relevant. Hopefully Swift uncorks that right hand before Porter can hug him to death.

Porter is a terrible matchup for Danny. I actually think he beats him.

Porter is a terrible matchup for Danny. I actually think he beats him.
In a way he is. On the other hand Danny does better with guys who come forward to fight.

While Porter mostly wants to hug and maul chest to chest he does get into wild exchanges pretty often. Not terribly confident that Swift can put him down but he packs enough pop to hurt anyone if he lands, at the very least get their attention.

I think he will need to really go after Porters body to try to slow down his mauling and stamina.

The one guy who Garcia fought who isn't a dinosaur beat him and Herrera was robbed.

In a way he is. On the other hand Danny does better with guys who come forward to fight.

While Porter mostly wants to hug and maul chest to chest he does get into wild exchanges pretty often. Not terribly confident that Swift can put him down but he packs enough pop to hurt anyone if he lands, at the very least get their attention.

I think he will need to really go after Porters body to try to slow down his mauling and stamina.

I agree that Danny does really well against aggressive fighters, but I think it's mainly guys who are also fairly orthodox in their approach. For example, a guy like Lucas Matthysse, who is aggressive but not terribly unpredictable. Porter is sloppy, dirty, big for the division, very strong, and very athletic. He gave Keith Thurman hell in there, and I think Thurman is more equipped to deal with a guy like Porter than Garcia.

I think Danny would be a bit overwhelmed by Porter's mauling, and I don't think Garcia has the cardio or style to control Porter for 12 rounds like Brook did. Danny has decent but not great cardio, and Porter is an exhausting guy to fight. I could see them both having good moments up until like round 7 or 8, but I just can't envision Danny winning late rounds against Porter.

Danny has good pop, but Porter's chin is granite. He's taken the best shots Thurman and Brook have to offer, and he's never really been badly hurt. I'd put Garcia in the same category as them as far as punching power.

I just see it as a bad matchup. I don't think Porter is necessarily better than Garcia, in some ways he's definitely not. It's just one of those fights where one guy seems to have a bad style for the other.

Porter is gonna push Danny around the ring and beat him down if they fight.

I thought Garcia looked pretty bad last night to be honest. Rios followed him around the ring with basically no head/body movement. A walking punching bag, in addition to almost every boxing forum poster wishing him to never fight again and feel he is already half brain dead.

I agree that Danny does really well against aggressive fighters, but I think it's mainly guys who are also fairly orthodox in their approach. For example, a guy like Lucas Matthysse, who is aggressive but not terribly unpredictable. Porter is sloppy, dirty, big for the division, very strong, and very athletic. He gave Keith Thurman hell in there, and I think Thurman is more equipped to deal with a guy like Porter than Garcia.

I think Danny would be a bit overwhelmed by Porter's mauling, and I don't think Garcia has the cardio or style to control Porter for 12 rounds like Brook did. Danny has decent but not great cardio, and Porter is an exhausting guy to fight. I could see them both having good moments up until like round 7 or 8, but I just can't envision Danny winning late rounds against Porter.

Danny has good pop, but Porter's chin is granite. He's taken the best shots Thurman and Brook have to offer, and he's never really been badly hurt. I'd put Garcia in the same category as them as far as punching power.

I just see it as a bad matchup. I don't think Porter is necessarily better than Garcia, in some ways he's definitely not. It's just one of those fights where one guy seems to have a bad style for the other.
Its not a good matchup for him, but its not one I have zero confidence in either.

I thought Garcia looked pretty bad last night to be honest. Rios followed him around the ring with basically no head/body movement. A walking punching bag, in addition to almost every boxing forum poster wishing him to never fight again and feel he is already half brain dead.
Swift is a strange fighter to evaluate. He never really looks good, but he is effective more often than not.

Yeah, the knockout was a great shot. But the rest of the fight left me scratching my head.

Gee I wonder why none of them call out Errol.

Call me crazy, but I think Garcia could stop Porter.

porter went full on sparring with kirkland(when james was preparing for canelo), who always goes hard, and even dropped james.

danny garcia is not knocking out shawn porter

no

I'd like to see Garcia fight Vargas if his fight with Thurman falls through.

Porter looked like a whore last night begging for a payday. there is a video i caught before the danny rios fight that showed keith and porter talking shit to eachother and porter is like give me my shot, make it official.

Then hes in the ring calling danny out. Why the fuck are you not calling spence out?

I have never seen a division so spooked by one man.

Keith while talking to porter sounds like a straight frightened man. He dont want to see anyone, I bet he picks garcia again because he can sit on the outside and box but with porter he would have to work.

Ive come to the conclusion that i dont like thurman. I dont like how he carries himself. He seems like a joke to me.

Someone was making fun of keiths weight last night. I guess he blew up a little bit

Call me crazy, but I think Garcia could stop Porter.
He could stop anyone.

Will he is another story.
porter went full on sparring with kirkland(when james was preparing for canelo), who always goes hard, and even dropped james.

danny garcia is not knocking out shawn porter

no
Porter also got the shit knocked out of him by Broner. Its not a completely far fetched possibility.
SpryLonelyAardvark-max-1mb.gif

Back