Danish tourist mugged over MAGA hat in NYC

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Trotsky, Apr 14, 2018.

1. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

So wearing a hat or a short dress is the same as holding people captive or attacking them in your eyes.

Not to say I think you should just run people over.

2. oleDirtyBast4rd

oleDirtyBast4rd Silver Belt

A supervisor at work has started calling me "little clanny" simply for being white and voting for Trump

When I cut my hair, same guy thought it was funny to call me a Nazi.

You're right though, it's totally not a problem

3. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

You let a guy call you "little clanny" and "nazi" at work?

Where do you work? Have you not reported this?

4. ROSCONATION

ROSCONATION Green Belt

No not at all. I just remember those arguments coming from the right-wing/trump crowd people on this site, and for some reason they thought it was a good thought process.

And nowhere did i say attacking someone was equal to wearing anything.
    Just going along with your "asking for it" theme

5. oleDirtyBast4rd

I do security at a hotel. The supervisor is on the client side, which doesn't leave me a whole lot of options. Lets just say once I actually start my electrician gig, the room may get filled with uppercuts over there.

6. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

I would go report that right now, or if you think the guy believes it's just harmless ribbing, tell him to cut it out.

7. MMAViewer

MMAViewer Brown Belt

Do you think it's difficult to be a black, progressive man in America?
    Or is it just difficult for white conservative men?

8. oleDirtyBast4rd

Nah, he knows what he's doing. He's an absolute douchebag to EVERYBODY. You know how the night shift is supposed to be laid back as long as you handle your stuff? Nope.... he breaks all the rules he's supposed to follow, while running us like fucking dogs.

I know the climate well enough to know that reporting it just gets me removed from the post. I like the hours and should only be there a little bit longer, so I'm just putting up with it til I leave. I will call him out in front of everybody when I leave. I'll say all the things everybody has been wanting to say but couldn't our of fear of losing their jobs. He is an egomaniac too, so it should be good. He will be absolutely humiliated

9. Goonerview

Goonerview Gold Belt

It's not what I said.

I said there was a double standard with the races. Which there CLEARLY is.

It's undeniable, so get out of here.

10. Goonerview

Goonerview Gold Belt

I'm not just talking about America.

If you are Asian/black/Hispanic and have conservative views of your culture, that's ok!

But if you're white, it's not ok.

11. JSN

JSN #NotMyNelly

Just take pleasure in knowing that you are moving onto bigger and better things and he’s a piece of crap.

12. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

Calling something a double-standard implies that it is unfair. I think you'd have to look a lot harder at the common usage in the last century of the terms "white pride" vs "asian pride" in order to say it's unfair.

Black pride came from a place of defensiveness against a society that stripped them of their humanity. Teaching black kids to take pride in their skin was necessary, because they were told their skin made them subhuman in both social and legislative ways. They were physically separated and told they were inferior, based on their skin.

Meanwhile, look at common usage of "white pride" over the last 100 years, and contrast what you find.

You can't just ignore every bit of context when it comes to these things, no matter how unhappy you are. You still have to be honest about the massive differences in the terms.

13. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

You don't just plow into people in the street peacefully walking. You slow down and try to ease your way through if you can't go around them. If they block you you try to go slowly and ease through. If they block and attack your car then all bets are off to protect yourself and family. At that point they crossed the line and you are justified in using deadly force to protect yourself.

[​IMG]

14. MMAViewer

MMAViewer Brown Belt

You are selling a false narraive. What people are saying is wrong is being white and being bigoted. I'll add that being any color and being bigoted is wrong.
    Yes,!!! Some people equate being white and being conservative with being bigoted but it is hardly predominant. Does it surpise you that some people equate being a white male conservative with being a bigot?

15. Steve-French

Steve-French What A Rush!!!

Maybe because whites are the Majority? Why should white film makers be expected to bend over backwards and make movies about Black and Hispanic people? It's a free country if they want to whine about it they can make their own movies.

Going by demographics Blacks and Hispanics are represented just fine in Hollywood.

The music industry and professional sports.

16. Goonerview

Goonerview Gold Belt

So, why don't other races/cultures have this same level of guilt?

Arabs had slaves. Japanese murdered millions of Chinese in ww2.

You can't get any guilt from them because they don't sell it. If you tried to make them feel guilty and get money out of them, they'd tell you to f**k off.

They are still proud of their cultures/heritage.

According to your definition, white people are born with inherent shame, guilt. And it's justified ... cuz history.

I say shove your history up your arse.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  17. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

White is not a culture. White is a color. There are parades for Italian pride, Irish pride, Polish pride, etc. Lots of white people are proud of their culture, and very openly celebrate it. But just being "white" does not really mean anything except that your skin happens to be white. I have a feeling you are white, and I am white, and we have very little in common.

"Black" pride is a thing because black people in America were enslaved and have no idea where they are from. Their skin color was the source of their oppression, and therefore because a source of pride.

FrankensteinMMA likes this.
  18. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

Each to their own but I would tell him to knock that shit off.

If I needed to get him to the side where no one can hear and tell him I will do whatever I need to if he fucks with me then I would.

Of courses I would swear I ever threatened him but just asked him to stop.

I'm a nice guy but I'm not going to take shit like that.

19. Rational Poster

Rational Poster Scourge of the War Room

What about windsurfing though?

[​IMG]

nac386 likes this.
  20. ROSCONATION

ROSCONATION Green Belt

And taking footage from riots in the 90s shows that? Those weren't peaceful protesters. I am talking of recent events.
    But the fact is if there is a peaceful protest you don't have to go through it. Or you can call the cops. You can't plow them because your time is valuable.