Danish tourist mugged over MAGA hat in NYC

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Trotsky, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

I wouldn't use the word "difficult" but there is a growing stigma attached to being white and conservative. Don't pretend there isn't.

2. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

You mean like the growing stigma of being white and liberal? No there isn't. There are stereotypes of both, and people who hate both, but there is not a growing stigma specifically related to being conservative.

But let's be honest here, I have a feeling you are using the word "conservative" to cover some ground that is unrelated to being conservative.

For example, who's more conservative, Bush or Trump? Bush is, but Trump voters are the "stigmatized" ones. That's not because he's conservative, it's because he's a truly awful person by any universal standard for morality. Just a really gross guy.

Conservatives and liberals are fine. The stigmas are attached to something else entirely. Trump is something else, something much seedier and objectively offputting.

3. Yorkist

Yorkist Purple Belt

Always fun to watch one of the usual trolls here actually make a thread or actual post something other than a side comment. They always expose themselves as such utter morons when they do.

Trotsky for fucking raped ITT.

4. Yorkist

Yorkist Purple Belt

It seems like you're right on the brink of realizing something pretty important... Let's see if you can break the mental conditioning.

5. Scerpi

Scerpi Black Belt

It's been shown that political violence against the Right isn't considered criminal and is in fact encouraged because it's funny in some circles.

6. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

This is an empty post.

7. oleDirtyBast4rd

oleDirtyBast4rd Red Belt

It's only for a time. My paycheck is more important to me then dealing with this asshole. What he says doesn't actually bother me. It's that he's trying to bother me that bothers me lol

oldshadow likes this.
  8. Yorkist

Yorkist Purple Belt

Well if there's a stigma to being a white conservative AND a stigma to being a white liberal... Maybe the stigma has nothing to do with politics and more to do with racism.

9. Contra-dictator

Contra-dictator Purple Belt

Well, at least you admit it.

Johnny Mac and LogicalInsanity like this.
  10. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

My point was that they are not. Neither group is stigmatized.

You really think all white people are stigmatized?

11. Trotsky

Trotsky Red Belt

Part and parcel of working in a union workplace. You benefit from the union's wages and working protections, so if you're voting against the interests of the union, which you are if you vote GOP, you will get ostracized. And you'll deserve it.

12. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

I've worked plenty of non union jobs and still didn't put with shit like that.

13. Trotsky

Trotsky Red Belt

<Huh2>

14. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

In other words there was no union at all.

I was a union member. I was the member of one union that was shit and got out because of how little they did and joined another. I don't think you should be required to join a union to work but I have no problem with joining if they are doing their job.

15. Mark Cutting

Mark Cutting Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

[​IMG]

16. Ice That Jaw

Ice That Jaw Red Belt

Not going to lie, I would totally buy and wear a Brexit hat in London if I saw one at the airport that was reasonably priced.

17. Yorkist

Yorkist Purple Belt

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...hite-people-america-society-class-race-214227

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/11/opinion/sunday/interracial-friendship-donald-trump.html

https://www.theroot.com/for-black-people-who-have-to-deal-with-white-people-thi-1797835711

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/...please-stop-pretending-reverse-racism-is-real

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-white-millennials-racist-20170815-story.html

https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...lack-people-need-to-stop-saying-to-white.html

Yeah, I do.

I just think the proper reaction to it is the Asian strategy. No apologizing, no placating. If they don't like us, fuck em, let's do our own thing.

Apologizing doesn't work, helping them doesn't work. They will always resent and hate us no matter what we do. It's never enough for them. I'm not gong to spend my whole life apologizing to assholes I never did anything to just because I'm white.

Contra-dictator likes this.
  18. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

I'm 32 years old. In my entire life, I have never felt for a single moment that I was at a disadvantage being white, or that people had a negative opinion of me because of my race.

I also don't feel like I have more in common with you than I do with my non-white friends. When I see the things you say and hear about your opinions, I don't feel like we need to unite as white people. I feel like you have a different culture and worldview than me, and that I'm glad I have friends (of all races) that have a similar culture to me.

I don't have an "us vs them" mentality when it comes to race. I am not at all tribal by nature, at least not based on anything as meaningless as the color of my skin. I feel like my life is more fulfilling because of that.

19. HIMBOB

HIMBOB Steel Belt

"
    “Then one of my friends told me one of the [robber’s] friends had a knife
    "

So no knife was used or threatened.

Am I the only one who noticed that?

20. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

That doesn't matter. Do you think that makes it all right or something?