Daniel Cormier reinstated as UFC Light Heavyweight Champion

Do u Agree w This Decision?

• Total voters
Why is this even questioned by some?

The fight is a no contest... meaning THE WIN NEVER HAPPENED... doesnt matter what you saw, the win was illegitimate, sorry Jon Jones, YOU NEVER WON!. How is this complicated to understand to some?

DC is the legitimate champion, he simply never lost. Yes I know there are idiots in this world, doesnt mean we have to even listen or make a question based on what idiots dont understand.

If I were Cormier I wouldn't even want the belt.

Now he gets the belt back because of a technicality.

more like because of Jones being a fucking cheater and juicing when Dc has the testosterone levels of a toddler. It makes a big fucking
difference.

lol what a joke, should've fought for a vacant title. NC or not he still got KTFO.

Not sure you understand how this works.

lance-armstrong-tour-de-france-trophy-photo.jpg

NOT THE REAL 2005 TOUR DE FRANCE CHAMP

Once you are disqualified as a cheat, any "win" is invalid.

Lance Armstrong beat every rider on the course in the 2005 Tour De France.

But he's not the champ.

since a one night 8 man tournament is apparently not a realistic option, putting the title back on DC was the right call.

everyone saying paper champ needs to realize if bones wasnt on roids, he probably wouldnt have been able to beat dc. bones knew that, thats why he took them. he needed them to win. take them away and we wouldnt even be discussing this right now.

Total fail by the ufc.

We all just watched him get put to sleep. Whether they call it a no contest and whatever drugs Jones did, does not overshadow what happened

I didn't even think he was fighting again, now he's the current LHW champ
Lol. The roids totally overshadowed what happened. That is Jon's fault. He broke the rules. He cheated to gain an edge.It would have likely been a completely different result had both men been clean.

Well he was beaten by a juiced up fraud so yes I do.

no hes not. its vacant to real fans like me

should be him vs gus or volkan for the belt

Then what's the point in making it a no contest? I don't care if anybody's on steroids but Jones broke the rules and has been punished for it.

He didn't lose so of course he's still champ.

Now he can put Jones in the rearview mirror and try to get a few more wins

With his loss to Jon Jones officially overturned to a No Contest, the UFC Light Heavyweight Title title has been returned to Daniel Cormier.

Source: UFC Tonight

View attachment 275789
This makes 100% sense.

I would have liked a vacant belt to be contested like the 1st time ( haters will still say paper champ anyways so f#k it)

Let's not get carried away or distracted from the fact that Jon Jones is 100% to blame for this

He must be most abused champion in UFC history.

<DCrying>

He must be most abused champion in UFC history.

<DCrying>
That would actually be Robbie Lawler. Or maybe Chuck Liddell.

But who cares. They brought a lot of great fights.

Just like DC. Dude brings it every single time

All anybody can do is speculate using the best information we have available. Arguing semantics and logic in light of the circumstances is pretty weak, tbh.

1. DC and Rumble fought twice. The outcomes were identical. I am as certain as can be that the extra 1.2lb? was not a factor. Cheating or not.
2. DC and Jones fought twice. The outcomes were much different. One was a close decision win for Jones the other a KO win by Jones.
Jones has been popped twice for PED related offenses. The first time was preparing for the rematch with DC. The second was immediately after the rematch, that had to be rescheduled due to Jones serving a 1 year suspension.

This means, imo, that Jones was so certain that he could not defeat DC without PEDs that he was willing to risk his entire career. Twice.
If Jones didn't think he could do it, why should anybody else? Now we have to speculate on how many times he wasn't caught if he was so brazen to cheat after already being suspended for cheating. His entire career is suspect as far as I'm concerned.

I can twist:
1. DC and Rumble fought twice, in first fight DC was dropped, so he knew he need to cheat with extra weight (not 1.2 lb, in the cage much more) to fight going different.
Not to mention why do you think DC only have trouble with weight only after USADA? Coincidence?
2. Jones vs DC 2 fights actually were very similar going to the 3rd round. Only in the second fight Jones prepared, set-up and caught DC with high-kick.

I can twist:
1. DC and Rumble fought twice, in first fight DC was dropped, so he knew he need to cheat with extra weight (not 1.2 lb, in the cage much more) to fight going different.
Not to mention why do you think DC only have trouble with weight only after USADA? Coincidence?
2. Jones vs DC 2 fights actually were very similar going to the 3rd round. Only in the second fight Jones prepared, set-up and caught DC with high-kick.
Lol

I can twist:

DC has had severe weight trouble since his 20s. He had kidney failure cutting for the Olympics.

DC has had severe weight trouble since his 20s. He had kidney failure cutting for the Olympics.
He didnt cheated and missed weight before Rumble 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back