• Total voters
Good for him. He deserves it.

o-CRYING-BABY-facebook.jpg

tenor.gif

meh ill bite, hard for me to be excited about any cormier fight

jsut indifferent, jones brings the hype

no hes not. its vacant to real fans like me

should be him vs gus or volkan for the belt

Why would it be vacant when no1 ever beat Cormier lol? Jones didn't beat Cormier in MMA because he didn't follow MMA rules. Hence the NC.

should be him vs gus or volkan for the belt
Real fans of mixed martial arts don't take kindly to cheating or unfairness (PEDs). Real fans and actual combat athletes like myself don't respect what Jones did, and his win over DC was done by cheating, therefore, not a win for Jones and not a defeat for DC, thus, DC is still the champ.

definition of paper champion

has the belt without winning the belt from the previous champion. we all know theres another 205er that can kick his ass
I agree, but you have to get the benefit of the doubt if you're D.C.

Meaning since both fights were competitive, what if D.C. were juiced to the Gils?

i wont consider him champion unless he wins a fight after this

Who needs fans who don't understand the sport? Champion was defeated by a cheater. The champion does not get penalized for losing to a cheater. Without a loss, the title stays with the champion, because you can't lose your title on a NC. You see, the loss was overturned to a NC. Do you need 1+1 explained to you a few more times?

Why in heck would the title be vacated? That's the dumbest thing I've heard. "Real fans like me," indeed. <45>

Ah k, damn would be interesting to find out the results of a re-test of one of those samples aye.

I guess it would. I'm not the type to just assume that anyone was always using when they pop.

He already earned it beating the best non-cheaty LHWs. Not his fault there is a guy who may or may not be better but feels he has to cheat in order to beat DC.

He then proceeded to lose that belt in a fight, regardless if the official record tries to pretend it didn't happen.

Fight somebody for a new belt. You know, like he did the first time he lost to Jones. Which you think made him a legitimate champ there so why the backlash against it happening again?

If DC was truly better, he would have beat a juiced jones too. Peds do not make a fighter unbeatable.
You have been bitching through this entire thread and I am drinking all your salty tears!! I love it!! Keep it coming boy!

to say that jones won because he took steroids is a post hoc fallacy. period. People are throwing around belief as "knowledge".
I know you're hurt. Jones betrayed you and like a scorned lover you feel horrible.

But fight through the pain and use your brain. Jones fought three times under USADA and failed two drug tests under USADA. So he's probably always been roiding and probably would've sucked without juice. It's not like his technique was ever good.

Get your shit together and get over Jones betrayal. You will feel better. I promise.

How could anyone possibly disagree with this? Jones pissed hot. He cheated. The fight result was overturned and ruled a no-contest. To not return the title to DC would be ludicrous.

So you agree that Jones needed roids to win?

No. that is post hoc again. That because Jones tested for roids, roids made him win. There is no way to know that.

Could DC beat rumble that day at 205? He beat him before but could he do it again without cheating?

I know you're hurt. Jones betrayed you and like a scorned lover you feel horrible.

But fight through the pain and use your brain. Jones fought three times under USADA and failed two drug tests under USADA. So he's probably always been roiding and probably would've sucked without juice. It's not like his technique was ever good.

Get your shit together and get over Jones betrayal. You will feel better. I promise.

Betrayed? lol. the guy took steroids. In the big scheme of things, it is nothing. I have my own problems. Jones roiding is not one of them.

You guys who believe in honor and shit while watching guys get brain damage for entertainment make me laugh. You have no moral high ground.

It's like someone else bangs the shit out of your wife. And you get her back after the new guy went to jail.

Best way to describe this situation IMO.

Bittersweet situation at its finest, but as Cormier said, financially it's a big difference fighting as the champion, instead of going for the vacant bell.

I say regardless of the paper champ calls, he should move forward and make the most of it. At 38, it's not like he's got much in the tank either.

Back