Dana White: Science doesnt lie

Marion Jones never failed a drug test yet was stripped of 5 Olympic medals.
upload_2018-9-20_9-54-18.jpeg

IAQaK6m.jpg

Weird, because from what I understood of the punishment, there was no science behind the ruling.......

They just found him to be credible and because he wa sproviding information the reduced his sentence, pending he continues to provide information, otherwise his suspension is back up an extra 30 months.

Where does science come into play for allowing him back fighting?

early next year?? NO, get him there right away. That will give time for DC to retire and run scared

Science has become the goto weasel word. "According to science..." Or "science supports me on this..." Usually followed by nonsense.

Dana, there are a lot of science that lied to us, and that even failed hard... im not judging the subject, but this argument is terrible!

Science is not an entity.

Scientists can lie. Or scientific facts can be missunderstood or misrepresented.

Numbers can be over or undervalued leading to fallacies.

Also the Jones issue does not come down to science after all but to the people involved interpreting the circumstances.

People are angered by the corruption. Jones wasnt cleared, but who really cares at this point.

Romero wasn't cleared either but plenty of people posting on here said he was. It's all bullshit. The whole sport is still rife with PEDs. I believe all the top guys are on something or they wouldn't be there.

Dopers are always ahead of the testing if they're smart. I still think if they get caught like Jones was they should pay the price but fans often play favorites. Someone they dislike becomes the worst cheater in the history of the world. Then they'll bend over backwards to defend someone they like.

Romero wasn't cleared either but plenty of people posting on here said he was. It's all bullshit. The whole sport is still rife with PEDs. I believe all the top guys are on something or they wouldn't be there.

Dopers are always ahead of the testing if they're smart. I still think if they get caught like Jones was they should pay the price but fans often play favorites. Someone they dislike becomes the worst cheater in the history of the world. Then they'll bend over backwards to defend someone they like.
I agree, as long as you never speak negatively about Chael Sonnen...

Not directed at you TS...but I have never seen so many grown men throw hissy fits as I have with Jones being "cleared." (not that we all didn't know it was coming.) Jesus, enjoy one of the best fighters ever being back, and stop bitching. (or don't watch)

<DCrying><JonesDXSuckIt>

I think Jones is a pos but I agree with you.

I think he was saying that Jones didn't know the supplement was contaminated, and he was not taking it for whatever was not supposed to be in it. He is advocating that Jones is innocent of cheating based on what information is currently available.

Based on those quotes he was driving home the fact that it was "science" that proved this. Science in this conversation is in my view another way of saying evidence. The "evidence" doesn't lie.

I'm no scientist but I think In order for something to be backed by science you have to replicate your findings. So, perhaps take the contaminated supplement and administer it to subjects to see if they result in positive tests? lol

I think he was saying that Jones didn't know the supplement was contaminated, and he was not taking it for whatever was not supposed to be in it. He is advocating that Jones is innocent of cheating based on what information is currently available.

Based on those quotes he was driving home the fact that it was "science" that proved this. Science in this conversation is in my view another way of saying evidence. The "evidence" doesn't lie.

I'm no scientist but I think In order for something to be backed by science you have to replicate your findings. So, perhaps take the contaminated supplement and administer it to subjects to see if they result in positive tests? lol
They didnt find a contaminated supplement. There is no explanation for why he had Turinabol in his system. Science only proved Tbol was in Jones system.

Back