Dana White on Tito Managing Cyborg: She

this clearly is bothering dana since it is a fedor-type situation where the ufc would love her to fight under their banner, but since she isn't they will disparage her and her people.

(s)he was signed to the UFC. the ufc let her go. not sure your post makes any sense. plus the UFC does not have her weightclass.

dana just hates tito

Not gonna mention that UFC isn't a sport. I don't think legitimacy is uncle Dana's main concern these days. That pretty much went down the drain with the Okami/Fitch cuts and KZ before Lamas against Aldo.

It is obviously a legit sport at the very top but some of the mid tier and lower tier is clouded up with the UFC making financial decisions.. With Cyborg it is two fold in that A) She is not marketable like Ronda or Miesha and B) they don't have her weight class. But at the top of all other divisions from HW to BW the right fighters are on top..

If you'd take the head out of Dana's balls, you'd know that Ronda was on 145 and when she was supposed to fight Cyborg, she ducked and moved down (to 135 with the promise to go back).

UFC did not create 145 on purpose, exactly to force Cyborg to go down.

But let us not pretend 145 never existed. That is just a dumb argument.

and you prove my point. Dana did not create a 145 division exactly to keep cyborg away from the UFC

Yes, Rousey used to fight at 145, but that was not her optimal category. She is a true 135 lb fighter.

Regarding "she ducked and moved down (to 135 with the promise to go back)": She did not "promise" anything. She said she'd win the 135 lb Strikeforce title and then go up to take 145 lb title as well. Since then there is no more 145 lb title as Cyborg was stripped of the belt. (Heck, there is no more Strikeforce either.)

Re 145 division in UFC: UFC did not create the 145 lb division because aside from Cyborg and Coenan, there is nobody out there with any skill or talent to speak of - NOBODY. Why would UFC create the 145 division when depth was main issue with women in UFC to begin with. 135 lb is the most stacked division in WMMA hands down. And starting WMMA in UFC with that division was the right thing to do.

If Cyborg wants piece of the action she has to come down. If she does come down and UFC refuses to sign her, only THEN could there be talk of "UFC is protecting Rousey"

I found it hilarious Dana qualifies Tito as being "the dumbest in the sport - literally the dumbest in the sport".

lol I know right? Thanks Dana I was under the impression that you were using some strange figure of speech.

Cyborg is incapable of making it down to 135. That's the only real obstacle in her career.

Yes, Rousey used to fight at 145, but that was not her optimal category. She is a true 135 lb fighter.

Regarding "she ducked and moved down (to 135 with the promise to go back)": She did not "promise" anything. She said she'd win the 135 lb Strikeforce title and then go up to take 145 lb title as well. Since then there is no more 145 lb title as Cyborg was stripped of the belt. (Heck, there is no more Strikeforce either.)

Re 145 division in UFC: UFC did not create the 145 lb division because aside from Cyborg and Coenan, there is nobody out there with any skill or talent to speak of - NOBODY. Why would UFC create the 145 division when depth was main issue with women in UFC to begin with. 135 lb is the most stacked division in WMMA hands down. And starting WMMA in UFC with that division was the right thing to do.

If Cyborg wants piece of the action she has to come down. If she does come down and UFC refuses to sign her, only THEN could there be talk of "UFC is protecting Rousey"

Are you to dumb or too biased to understand Cyborg is just too big to be able to simply "go down" to 135?

And if she promised to come back (like you yourself admitted), why then she changed her tune to "if you want to fight me, YOU come down"?

And do not be that blind. There are 145 women if UFC would want to. Look at Invicta! There are also a lot of Brazilian women training MMA at 145.

Now, I do not mind that UFC did not build a 145 Lbs, but then do not be so pathetic as to blame Tito for that. Or for Cyborg not being able to make 135.

heck, before she even met Tito she already missed weight for her fights at 145!

So again, you proved yourself wrong on all accounts.

if you'd want to appear knowledgeable, you gotta drop the bias first.

edit: let me ask you a question: How do you even know "it was not her optimal category"? She never lost at 145 either... :redface:

Tito thought he could use the same tactics that worked when the UFC was on it's knees. That kind of thing just doesn't work anymore.

Dana's just mad that Tito took 51% of WMMA. Everyone knows who the best female fighter is.

theres a massive ?????? with cyborg, the roids and her general features leave alot to be desired when it comes to her status and position in the sport.

I disagree.

Cyborg was always opened to it, but obviously she can't make 135.

Dana is the one who killed this fight by forcing Cyborg to go down.

I love how people try to spin reality on this. :redface:

Theres a good reason she cant make weight and she did it herself

I dont think Losing Cyborg will hurt the UFC very much. This is not at all like the Fedor situation.

First of all, this is the womens division we're talking about. Not gonna do much to the bottom line.
Second, this may be sexist but cyborg has ZERO sex appeal and that limits her star power. NO WAY would she ever get all those magazine covers, movie roles, talk show interviews etc like Rousey.

Realistically, the UFC only missed out on 1 fight.

It is obviously a legit sport at the very top but some of the mid tier and lower tier is clouded up with the UFC making financial decisions.. With Cyborg it is two fold in that A) She is not marketable like Ronda or Miesha and B) they don't have her weight class. But at the top of all other divisions from HW to BW the right fighters are on top..

I was nitpicking. UFC is a promotion. The sport is MMA.

Soon Tito will fire back with something along the lines of the UFC somehow "protecting" Rousey by granting Cyborg her personally-requested contract release.

Are you to dumb or too biased to understand Cyborg is just too big to be able to simply "go down" to 135?

And if she promised to come back (like you yourself admitted), why then she changed her tune to "if you want to fight me, YOU come down"?

And do not be that blind. There are 145 women if UFC would want to. Look at Invicta! There are also a lot of Brazilian women training MMA at 145.

Now, I do not mind that UFC did not build a 145 Lbs, but then do not be so pathetic as to blame Tito for that. Or for Cyborg not being able to make 135.

heck, before she even met Tito she already missed weight for her fights at 145!

So again, you proved yourself wrong on all accounts.

if you'd want to appear knowledgeable, you gotta drop the bias first.

edit: let me ask you a question: How do you even know "it was not her optimal category"? She never lost at 145 either... :redface:

I love how you calling other people biased is somehow supposed to hide that you're a brazilian patriot trying to spin this in Cybergs favor.

I love how you calling other people biased is somehow supposed to hide that you're a brazilian patriot trying to spin this in Cybergs favor.

Please, post facts, not your dumb (baseless) conclusions.

I call biased people that try to revision history just to protect a fighter.

I fail to see any fact in your retarded post.

If you do think I am wrong, correct me. But let's stick to the facts.

1) Cyborg was the 145 champ.
2) Ronda was next in line
3) Ronda moves down and promises to go back up & face Cyborg
4) Ronda becomes the 135 champ
5) Ronda refuses to go back up.

SF folds into UFC

6) Ronda becomes 135 champ in UFC. Still refuses to go to 145 or CW to face Cyborg.

How exactly, in ANY of the above, is this Tito's (or Cyborg's) fault?

Please, post facts, not your dumb (baseless) conclusions.

I call biased people that try to revision history just to protect a fighter.

I fail to see any fact in your retarded post.

If you do think I am wrong, correct me. But let's stick to the facts.

1) Cyborg was the 145 champ.
2) Ronda was next in line
3) Ronda moves down and promises to go back up & face Cyborg
4) Ronda becomes the 135 champ
5) Ronda refuses to go back up.

SF folds into UFC

6) Ronda becomes 135 champ in UFC. Still refuses to go to 145 or CW to face Cyborg.

How exactly, in ANY of the above, is this Tito's (or Cyborg's) fault?

Funny how that timeline conveniently missed the part about the one holding the 145 lbs belt being stripped for failed drug test, suspended for a year, and ruined any possibility of a SF Champion vs Champion fight.

In that same year, the one holding the 135 belt continue to thrives, pushed WMMA into the spotlight, and never look back at her would-be opponent, who had lost all the bargaining chips.

But ofcourse, that was clearly Dana's fault, not Cyborg's.

And this guy had the gall to call other people a revisionist. Are you a WMMA noob who lack information, or intentionally stupid?

This affirm my believe that talking to FOX noobs in the UFC box about WMMA is like discussing poetry with a goldfish.

Last edited:
Funny how that timeline conveniently missed the part about the one holding the 145 lbs belt being stripped for failed drug test, suspended for a year, and ruined any possibility of a SF Champion vs Champion fight.

In that same year, the one holding the 135 belt continue to thrives, pushed WMMA into the spotlight, and never look back at her would-be opponent, who had lost all the bargaining chips.

And this guy had the gall to call other people a revisionist. Are you a WMMA noob who lack information, or intentionally stupid?

This affirm my believe that talking to FOX noobs in the UFC box about WMMA is like discussing poetry with a goldfish.

And apparently before she even got stripped of the title for testing positive for steroids, she was willing to drop to 135 because there wasn't much left at 145.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/mma/post/2011/11/570884/1

If that article is true, I'm curious as to how 135 went from possible to impossible after she got busted for roids. Cyborg has no credibility here and with Tito she has hardballed her way into irrelevance

Retard, I am not the one "changing"reality.

When Cyborg was caught, it was AFTER Ronda already publicly said she would not go up and face Cyborg anymore.

So for all your retarded post, you failed miserably to convey even the most remote FACT that would peg me as revisionist or protecting Cyborg.

You are not only a failure, but also dumb enough to try to make this an e-peen context when you have NOTHING substantial to contribute.

Back