Dana White: "Ngannou Took The Last Two Weeks Off To Go To France; Nobody Knew Why He Did It"

The commentators "NOW" are pointing out how a veteran like Miocic knows to maintain his poise and be patient and methodical, use all his weapons which includes experience .. but it's grating to hear that now when all these "experts" were riding the N'gannou train like noobs just being exposed to the sport.

That's either hilarious or really sad. I mostly landed on sad tonight. His cornering was next to criminal, no?
Ya his cornering was awful. He’s only been fighting for a few years so I didn’t expect his grappling to be the same as someone that’s done it most of their life, but he wasn’t even trying basic stuff like getting his underhooks. Stipe could’ve mounted him with no effort too since Francis was doing nothing to stop him from mounting him. This tells me that Francis has worked on one thing and one thing only in his camps-trying to knock his opponent TFO.

1700-1 odds of it going to a decision? That's a joke. 50-45 Stipe was the most likely scenario. I wish I would've betted

Agree 100%

I made a thread about this but it got lost in the sherdog abu garaib pile.

Francis needs to leave Dewey Cooper. He won't go far with him.
Francis is Mike Perry, just in a much more shallow division. Actually Platinum is probably the more skilled of the two.

Last edited:
Did y'all see Stipe turn before Dana could wrap the belt on him, take itr and give it to his own cornermen to put on him instead of Dana?

I saw N'gannou saying he was going to France to take care of some business and used the rationale that he was in shape already so it was no biggie. He was gonna finish Miocic in 1 or 2, lmao! Ya, OK. Got that arse whupped! Now you don't have to deny Miocic a rematch and can pursue your Lesnar fight!
He has a lot to learn.

That was one of the best moments of the night right there. "Fuck you, Dana. Give me my belt. Here coach, put it around my waist." Then Dana sulks there for a little bit, turns around, and walks out like, "Well, shit."

What's the source of the static there?

so basically.. all that footage of him on a treadmill in an oxygen mask was bullshit, and he was out in da club instead of training 100% for this? if the guy wasn't even training full time why is he jacked out of his mind? Will USADA have some news for us perhaps? Did Ngannou get on dat horse meat and assume that would carry him to victory?

Also, "We rushed two prospects to title shots who got their asses beat and maybe damaged them as future products. Nobody knows why we did that."

Also, "We rushed two prospects to title shots who got their asses beat and maybe damaged them as future products. Nobody knows why we did that."

I don't think they're the same level of prospect, but really, everyone knows why they rushed them, right? Story old as time.

Well I mean, yeah...

It worked out so well for BJ Penn, too.

2n67jpv.jpg

What's the source of the static there?
The UFC hype train was clearly behind N'gannou, "strongest punch in the world EVER" bs and in the pressers Dana was also talking about N'gannou as if he almost dint have to fight and they should just give him the belt. You could see in the little UFC short clips eading up to the fight that that was a source of irritation and motivation for Stipe. So glad it worked out for him. He's tough as nails and a class act.

That was one of the best moments of the night right there. "Fuck you, Dana. Give me my belt. Here coach, put it around my waist." Then Dana sulks there for a little bit, turns around, and walks out like, "Well, shit."

Underrated moment. Hope it gets talked about more.

Stipe obviously displeased with the way the UFC has failed to market him. He is, after all, the GOAT UFC HW at this point.

I don't think they're the same level of prospect, but really, everyone knows why they rushed them, right? Story old as time.
Well yeah they rushed them because they don't have anyone better to send in there right now. Really though, Zuffa UFC was always really good at holding back on prospects and making the right fight at the right time to build their talents.

Back