Dana White: "Ngannou Took The Last Two Weeks Off To Go To France; Nobody Knew Why He Did It"

I have no idea if that's true or not, but his willingness to get a real camp will determine whether he's worth being interested in or not.

If he sticks to that camp, it's hopeless.
His camp is fine
He largely ditched it to stay in the ufcs hugely overpriced gym

His camp is fine
He largely ditched it to stay in the ufcs hugely overpriced gym

Admittedly, it's been about 15 years since I've spoken any French, but his corner did not seem to have any clue whatsoever. If a French speaker would like to disagree, I'd be open to hearing about anything useful they had to say, but they seemed lost. I've never seen a corner that wouldn't have been throwing water in his face and showing some urgency when their man was half-dead.

Dana gotta stop being butthurt, what Ngannou does with his time is his choice. Ngannou said he was training on technique.

Dana throwing his fighters under the bus again. He really is a shitty promoter. Just focus on pumping Stipe up. No need to kick a man while he's down.

That being said, I'm curious as to why Francis did bounce to France. Maybe he got a bit too cocky for his own good.

so basically.. all that footage of him on a treadmill in an oxygen mask was bullshit, and he was out in da club instead of training 100% for this? if the guy wasn't even training full time why is he jacked out of his mind? Will USADA have some news for us perhaps? Did Ngannou get on dat horse meat and assume that would carry him to victory?
Oh it was real. The problem was there was no footage of him working on how to get up from his back. I’ve been in amazing cardio shape before but after spending a minute or two in the clinch, my arms felt like jello. Francis isn’t training with anyone that’s making him work, and doing rounds of wrestling to get him used to that kind of fatigue. Clinch Work completely drains your energy. Trying to muscle your way back up when you have an experienced grappler on you is even worse.

I have no doubt he was putting in tons of work, he just wasn’t putting in the work he needed against a guy like stipe.

Dana White can be such a shameless sneaky cunt sometimes. He mad rushed this fight with a 1 1/2 month official notice knowing that Ngannou was already in tip top fight shape in hopes of catching Stipe unprepared and then when Stipe still dominates nearly all 5 rounds (thus ANSWERING all our concerns and questions about Francis's actual skillset) he slides in the fact that Ngannou was off hiding in France for two weeks. Nevermind the fact the guy hasn't been tested by USADA for an entire year or so.

Joe fucking Rogan doing his idiotic "1-in-a-million" schtick yet again. I bet my bottom dollar that if Ngannou had dropped Stipe just a little bit, the ref would have leapt from across the cage and immediately called it a KO. You can see how bad the UFC (throughout the entire build up, promotion and actual fight) was pushing everything they legally could to get Ngannou the title and label him the "Mike Tyson of the UFC."

If Stipe had the usual 3 month training camp, it is not far-fetched that he could have had the energy to pull off a 3rd round submission. Massive props to Stipe in being absolute class act in and out of the ring. Congrats on being a new father....AND STILL ready to defend his title when everyone is obviously praying and angling for your downfall.

Ngannou is one scary motherfucker no doubt about it, but I hate how the Dana, Rogan and company were already treating him as the Undisputed King.

Oh it was real. The problem was there was no footage of him working on how to get up from his back. I’ve been in amazing cardio shape before but after spending a minute or two in the clinch, my arms felt like jello. Francis isn’t training with anyone that’s making him work, and doing rounds of wrestling to get him used to that kind of fatigue. Clinch Work completely drains your energy. Trying to muscle your way back up when you have an experienced grappler on you is even worse.

I have no doubt he was putting in tons of work, he just wasn’t putting in the work he needed against a guy like stipe.

Yup, there is conditioning and then there is the kind of conditioning you get from grinding in out in the clinch and with time on the mat.

Those guys had no fucking clue. It's one thing to build a fighting machine, it's an entirely different thing to build a fighter. Can you imagine this guy with some quality time with Jackson-Wink? He's got to move on from those guys.

Jackson Wink is far from being the best camp. Also, their fighters pop on a regular basis.

Jackson Wink is far from being the best camp. Also, their fighters pop on a regular basis.

You can pick another camp. I'm just certain that camp would know what to do with an Ngannou. It's not always best camp, but best fit. He needs a lot of strategy help, development of major skills gaps. They do that well.

How many others have popped besides Jones?

Admittedly, it's been about 15 years since I've spoken any French, but his corner did not seem to have any clue whatsoever. If a French speaker would like to disagree, I'd be open to hearing about anything useful they had to say, but they seemed lost. I've never seen a corner that wouldn't have been throwing water in his face and showing some urgency when their man was half-dead.
Well we have no idea what they said or what the plan was
However its clear ngannou is all aboutbshort explosive bursts which means hel burn out faster
He either needs to pick and set up his shots better or build endurance at the cost of some of that raw speed

The Red Queen™ was embarrassed and Alpha'd in front of his own hometown.

R0UhK.png

I legit lol'd when this happened. Stipe was like nah fuck that, you wanted me to lose, my coach can put this on me.

Back