Dana wants DC to fight 3 more times before retirement, wants DC vs Jones at HW

source.gif

LOL. what is this from??

As much as you wish this to be, it isn't so. Jones has 1 win over DC, which also has an asterisk next to it.

Actually, even DC has admitted to losing twice to Jones. Imho, the only thing that would make this fight somewhat fresh and interesting is if it was for the HW belt.

I think Dana is being really rather optimistic if he's gonna get 3 more fights out of Cormier. Even if he had a fight in January, and fought every 2 months, that would take him thru to May 2019 and Cormier has always said that he will be retired by his 40th Birthday which is March 20th 2019.

I guess everyone has their price, but I just can't see DC changing his mind.

Cormier said he wouldn't fight at heavyweight again, then Dana made him "an offer he couldn't refuse" to fight Stipe.

Cormier was injured and not planning to fight before Brock was available, but the lure of headlining at historic MSG—plus a shitload of money—persuaded him to take on Lewis.

AND he's already said once, even before Jones' date of return to competition was known, that his retirement date might be made a little "looser" to accommodate Jon. Not to mention that lately he said he could fight for three more years if he wanted to....

Maybe what Dana wants will prove to be the bridge too far, but we have ample evidence that DC's resolves are highly negotiable.

Jones vs Anthony johnson at HW. Let DC fight Brock and retire in peace.

Pretty unnecesary to have a third fight. DC was outclassed in the two first fights. No reason this will look any different.

Except it might look different if Jones is off the juice. Sadly, with the new UFC rule that PED failures won't be reported, I have no doubt they'll let him juice as much as he wants.

Cormier can go on for much longer, it will be a shame if he retires for real in March, because in my opinion he can fight for many more years and still beat mostly everyone. The way Cormier is built he could fight until 48 and still be very good I think.

DC doesn't deserve another shot at Jones.

Except it might look different if Jones is off the juice. Sadly, with the new UFC rule that PED failures won't be reported, I have no doubt they'll let him juice as much as he wants.
I don’t believe in fighting in a cage off the juice. I don’t believe in getting past amateur levels off the juice.

No he doesn't claim that. He is around 230-235

~DaViD~
Source please? Or just made up?

This Is from DCs post press conference vs Black beast:

This is the exact quote:
” Ok,Ok, so today i weighed 247,yesterday i weighed 251. so maybe I should have not had breakfast before weigh ins. haha...but..Listen…I cut from this weight to 205…Like there is no difference in what I weigh today, as to what I weigh when I fight 205”

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/misc.video/UFC-230-PostFight-Press-Conference-Video-12685

Watch at about 1.10. could be at 1.15

Does Dana have a low key grudge against DC?

Does he want to see Jones make DC cry a third time? Because everyone knows that’s what will happen whether at LHW or HW.

All i know is I'm gonna laugh my ass off when Jones destroys DC a third time at HW this time to make this the lamest trilogy ever.

giphy.gif

Source please? Or just made up?

This Is from DCs post press conference vs Black beast:

This is the exact quote:
” Ok,Ok, so today i weighed 247,yesterday i weighed 251. so maybe I should have not had breakfast before weigh ins. haha...but..Listen…I cut from this weight to 205…Like there is no difference in what I weigh today, as to what I weigh when I fight 205”

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/misc.video/UFC-230-PostFight-Press-Conference-Video-12685

Watch at about 1.10. could be at 1.15
The source is his in cage weight reported from the second rumble fight. He also said it leading up to the stipe fight. I remember the clip you posted and assumed that's what you were talking about, but I think he means he walks around at the same weight but doesn't diet in camp at hw vs lhw. It's also physically impossible to cut 45lbs of water and rehydrate it in 24 hours

~DaViD~

Hopefully they can get three more out of DC but I doubt he'll fight more than once.

The source is his in cage weight reported from the second rumble fight. He also said it leading up to the stipe fight. I remember the clip you posted and assumed that's what you were talking about, but I think he means he walks around at the same weight but doesn't diet in camp at hw vs lhw. It's also physically impossible to cut 45lbs of water and rehydrate it in 24 hours

~DaViD~
I haven’t seen the interviews you were talking about, so I believe the one with an actual source. I don’t think It is possible to misunderstand What he said..

Sure, 45 lbs seems like a lot, but I don’t know if it is impossible...

I know nothing of weightcutting in mma, but I know quite a lot about weightcutting in amateur junior boxing And junior kickboxing. At lower weightclasses, 62 kilos, on same day weigh ins, 15 lbs is a «comfortable» cut. DC is twice the size, a professional, that has doctors And experts, And has a long time to recover/rehydrate. He should have the latest science in weightcutting.. It should probably be possible. At least he says it is... And I guess he is not making it up.

Back