Dana wants DC to fight 3 more times before retirement, wants DC vs Jones at HW

Bones allday but no doubt this will be one of the biggest watched events

Jon Jones rocked DC with a high left kick and then mauled him with elbows and punches. This happened and there is nothing you can do against it
Jon Jones failed a drug test straight after, proving he didn't wanna fight DC clean. This happened and there is nothing you can do against it

Thought Dana was pretty clear about the R-word, if it pops up you should retire.

DC could fight three more times for sure, but a fight against Jones is kind of a no win situation.

Even if he beat Jones he would still be 1-2.

If he decides to fight Jones though, got to say that I'll take my hat off for him. Dude really wants to prove something.

As much as you wish this to be, it isn't so. Jones has 1 win over DC, which also has an asterisk next to it.

It's pretty hard to erase what people saw with their own eyes...Jones won a clear cut decision, then ko'd dc dead...these are things we all saw...and no trace amounts of said compound is going to make any difference.

Pretty unnecesary to have a third fight. DC was outclassed in the two first fights. No reason this will look any different.

DC claims that he is about 240-250 when he steps into the cage at LHW, so he will even have a bigger disadvantage vs Jones at HW, when they will be more similar in weight.

Jon Jones failed a drug test straight after, proving he didn't wanna fight DC clean. This happened and there is nothing you can do against it

The question is, did the trace amounts found in jones' blood, have any influence on the outcome of the fight? it was ruled that it didn't...

1-0-0-1 with a bunch of asterisks you mean
source.gif

Good luck trying to convince Jon that he can fight DC without a arsenal of steroids

Richard McLaren confirmed that the steroid metabolite could not have enhanced his performance. The only thing that prevented it from being a fair contest was Daniel Cormier's extreme weight cut which gave him a short of 20 lbs advantage on Jones

See http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/compilation-of-fighters-cage-weight.3787965/

I'd rather see Jones face Stipe tbh. That fight would be telling. Not that the Cormier fight wouldn't at HW but does it have to be him again? Are we going back to rematch central? Jones should have come back as a HW but fighting someone else.

Well, IF we get a trilogy fight between Jones and DC, I want it to be at HW.

And that still doesn’t change the reality of his original statement.

75EABDE7-407B-4CE3-87B2-75C8D71A9529.jpeg 32D62965-2C5F-4587-BE6E-470B1C9FC8E4.jpeg

Pretty unnecesary to have a third fight. DC was outclassed in the two first fights. No reason this will look any different.

DC claims that he is about 240-250 when he steps into the cage at LHW, so he will even have a bigger disadvantage vs Jones at HW, when they will be more similar in weight.
No he doesn't claim that. He is around 230-235

~DaViD~

No he doesn't claim that. He is around 230-235

~DaViD~
Yes I'd say that's about right for DC fight-weight at LHW : 230-235lbs. I think I remember DC saying he fights around 235lbs in-the-cage (at LHW) a while back.

I mean if DC's last fight is against Jones and he wins, then fantastic for him....BUT......how would he feel in his last fight losing again to his nemesis?? That would be a terrible way to exit, and I just don't think it's a smart thing to do. And DC is the first guy to say "Jones beat me twice". He admits that readily, as much as he dislikes it.

"Last time I checked, this was my career not Dana White's. Who is Dana to make me do anything? *sniff* *sob* "

<DCrying>

Back