Dana says a DJ-TJ super-fight is 'not happening'

the point is if TJ was really set on this fight he could just say he won't fight at 135 anymore until it happens, and vacate if needed. He won't do that, so apparently the fight doesn't mean as much to him as some marks on this forum think. He just wanted the path of least resistance: fighting for another belt with nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Such is the path that Conor has paved. I'm not sure the UFC even realizes the types of precedents it has created with the way they've handled Conor. They're very fortunate that their fighters haven't unionized and that they aren't represented by the types of legit sports agents that make up the major team sports' athlete representation.

He's got an asking price and the UFC isn't willing to pay. That's just business.

Mighty Mouse just doesn't sell, period. I'm honestly surprised that the UFC hasn't gotten pissed and just scrapped the whole division. If it wasn't for the borderline ridiculous amount of events they're trying to keep pace with these days they probably would've. They just need bodies to fill these cards.

lkywcwv.jpg

VVwGaYN.jpg
LMAO!!!

Might as well make TJ v Henry Cujedo for the 125 title and strip dj :D

Still though hope dana is being dana and it get announced soon. As far as 135 defense I can't see anyone outside of Rivera who has a fight they'd need to cancel as worthy option.

the point is if TJ was really set on this fight he could just say he won't fight at 135 anymore until it happens, and vacate if needed. He won't do that, so apparently the fight doesn't mean as much to him as some marks on this forum think. He just wanted the path of least resistance: fighting for another belt with nothing to lose, everything to gain.

That's a very weak point though, putting vastly more weight on TJ having to give up his belt and potentially take small fights to force DJ to face him. He can want this fight but consider that a step to far, especially as he has alternative big fights at 135lbs and DJ doesn't at 125lbs.

Mighty Mouse just doesn't sell, period. I'm honestly surprised that the UFC hasn't gotten pissed and just scrapped the whole division. If it wasn't for the borderline ridiculous amount of events they're trying to keep pace with these days they probably would've. They just need bodies to fill these cards.
Probably, but they won't given how big a percentage they get from broadcast and licensing deals. MM knows the UFC is desperate headliners NOW than at any point post-TUF. Their 3 biggest draws(RR, CM, JJ) are nowhere to be seen, and if there's a time to try to score a big payday, it's now.

Probably, but they won't given how big a percentage they get from broadcast and licensing deals. MM knows the UFC is desperate headliners NOW than at any point post-TUF. Their 3 biggest draws(RR, CM, JJ) are nowhere to be seen, and if there's a time to try to score a big payday, it's now.

so if UFC wants to make the matchup, why not just pay the guy his million bucks and call it a day?

Fighters are so lame these days ;(

They all think they're worth more than they are, like 90% of the rest of the country lol

We are getting weak

you got it twisted. "weak" would be just letting your boss decide your career and your wage for you, without pushing back. you sound like a real company man, the kind who does double the work for half the wage. have fun with that

MM must be happy headlining fight night cards getting paid peanuts. I genuinely think he's just happy with the deal he's got and is contempt with rematching everyone

Mighty duck is such a sucker. Always crying about money but he only wants to fight fucking skill-less suckers.

Yeah, scrap the division with arguably the most technically gifted fighter ever but keep WMMA around.
<puh-lease75>

I'm legit lol'ing at all you goofs still believing a single word that comes out of Dana's mouth.

If it's really the case that DJ is injured, then they should have TJ fight Cejudo for the interim title. As it stands, TJ is already a more legit 125 lb champion than DJ. If, upon his return, DJ still doesn't wanna fight, then just strip him of the title.

So now you want the BW champ to just abandon the BW division ? What you’re suggesting is at least 2 fights in a lower division. And he hasn’t even defended the belt yet. Talk about ducking.

I’m all for it. I want to see this fight. As long as he vacates the BW belt first. I’m sure nobody would call him the biggest duck in the UFC. Giving up a title to move down. LOL. He’s an embarrassment already with his obvious ducking.

Back