Dan Henderson was the best Pride fighter ever

I have one better misaki beat hendo too he must be GOAT amirite?

durpy thread.

Hendo beat

Shogun x2
Fedor
Wandy
Babalu
Feijao
Bisping
Wandy
Franklin
Palhares
Vitor
Big Nog
Carlos Newton
Bustamante x2
Ninja
Ghono
Reno
Misaki

Henderson clearly has an argument for being the greatest Pride fighter ever. As do Fedor, Wandy, Big Nog and Shogun.

Stop watching highlight reels and then posting your confirmations

Hendo beat

Shogun x2
Fedor
Wandy
Babalu
Feijao
Bisping
Wandy
Franklin
Palhares
Vitor
Big Nog
Carlos Newton
Bustamante x2
Ninja
Ghono
Reno
Misaki

Henderson clearly has an argument for being the greatest Pride fighter ever. As do Fedor, Wandy, Big Nog and Shogun.
I mean, Fedor is 38-5 and was the #1 HW for 7 years straight while Dan is 32-12 and was the #1 MW for maybe 6 months.
It's a pretty hard case to make.

Hendo has one of the toughest schedules in all of MMA. That's where his resume shines. But having a difficult schedule doesn't make you an auto ATG. Randleman has a ridiculously difficult strength of schedule too.

I mean, Fedor is 38-5 and was the #1 HW for 7 years straight while Dan is 32-12 and was the #1 MW for maybe 6 months.
It's a pretty hard case to make.

Hendo has one of the toughest schedules in all of MMA. That's where his resume shines. But having a difficult schedule doesn't make you an auto ATG. Randleman has a ridiculously difficult strength of schedule too.

Hendo beat tons of elite fighters. Comparing him to Randleman or Misaki is just asinine.

Yes Fedor only has 5 losses but he took years off from fighting elite competition.

Almost no one disputes hes the HW goat and one of the 4 or 5 best all time but he also was extremely difficult to negotiate. In the last 9 years Fedors best win is probably Brett Rogers.

Hendo also has a head to head victory over Fedor.

Hendo beat tons of elite fighters. Comparing him to Randleman or Misaki is just asinine.

Yes Fedor only has 5 losses but he took years off from fighting elite competition.

Almost no one disputes hes the HW goat and one of the 4 or 5 best all time but he also was extremely difficult to negotiate. In the last 9 years Fedors best win is probably Brett Rogers.

Hendo also has a head to head victory over Fedor.
Once Hendo left RINGs he has literally never been able to string more than 4 wins together. PRIDE, UFC or Strikeforce.
At Hendo's absolute peak his record was 29-8.

I mean in comparison even Nogueira's record was 31-4-1(1) at his absolute peak. And Nog's schedule is just as difficult as Dan's is.

... How is this even a conversation?

Hendo's split decision win over Nog was absolutely BRUTAL. He really did clean his cock.

Hendo and Werdum proved to be all time greats after PRIDE

Hendo was "decision dan" in Pride and struggling against Misaki. Then he got in PEDs and got good.

Hendo was the first legit Champ Champ.

Fedor is pretty clearly the best Pride fighter ever, and the best ever in general. A lot of the fighters have losses to each other. Listen to what the actual fighters have to say when asked about Fedor and you'll have your answer.

He was actually the most overrated fighter in all of MMA history until his TRT resurgence in Strikeforce/UFC. Before that he was just Split Gift Decision Dan.
dude had 47 fights and like 40 of them were against name opponents. he fought nothing but quality opposition, for 15+ years straight.

dude had 47 fights and like 40 of them were against name opponents. he fought nothing but quality opposition, for 15+ years straight.
Yeah, and was incredibly mediocre and was gifted a ton of bullshit split decisions.

Hendo was suppose to face Sakuraba and Wanderlei filled in for him the first fight.

I always found it funny how Hendo never fought Chuck or TIto. Like Dana was trying to protect his boys. May have not been the case, but it just seemed like those fights should have happened -- especially Chuck in the early days of the UFC/PRIDE merger.

He has the best resume out of any fighter to ever compete, anywhere

PRIDE, STRIKEFORCE, UFC CHAMP, Clened out top fighters from WW to HW while being a LHW-MW for most of his career

No matter the rule set, the fighting arena or the country, he was a top fighter

but Fedor being a fat LHW not losing a round in a decade at heavyweight and and being more enteratining while at it cannot be topped IMO
UFC champ? When did he win that?

Hendo's been Decision Dan everywhere.

Here's a list of all the questionable decisions Dan has received in his favor:
  • Carlos Newton
  • Big Nog
  • Ninja Rua
  • Murilo Bustamante
  • Rich Franklin
That's a lot of fights. Hendo could be 27-20 if judges saw things a different way.

That's fair, but a number of close decisions that Hendo lost could easily have gone the other way too. Overall I think the W-L record is about right.

Wow you're right! I guess that means Fedor is the best UFC fighter ever!

He brutally defeated UFC champions Mir, Arlovski, Sylvia, Coleman and Randleman!

Fedor never lost in Pride and was champ,
while Hendo had losses there.

Actually, he should've lost against Allan Goes as well. He got the bogus decision against two guys in the same friggin' night. I can vividly recall one of the judges in that tournament having an American Flag-style vest and a mullet. Enough said.
tough 2 score fights tbh...

On a side note, against Crezio de Souza @ Brazil Open Fight (1997), was indeed a weird stoppage (the ref. was a kickboxer)...

Last edited:
Is this where we pretend his nickname wasn't "Decision Dan" at one stage?

Back