Dan Henderson was the best Pride fighter ever

In terms of all-time greats, he's behind Fedor for sure and I would put him behind Big Nog. But he is without a doubt in the top 10 of the greatest MMA fighters of all-time.

I don't recall Hendo brutally defeating either Nog twin.

what i liked about hendo was he had a chance against anyone with that overhand right of his

One of my favorite fighters of all time. Even at an old age was always dangerous. His heart was off the charts. Towards the end he was getting rocked left and right but landed Hbombs to win. Even could make the argument that he beat Bisping in their second fight. And the best memory is KOing good ol Bisping and because he hated him landed a crazy accurate diving punch like he wasn't already on the highlight reel. I wouldn't say he's the best Pride Fighter but should for sure go in the HOF.

YawningFastJuliabutterfly-size_restricted.gif

bispingspoon.jpg

He has the best resume out of any fighter to ever compete, anywhere

PRIDE, STRIKEFORCE, UFC CHAMP, Clened out top fighters from WW to HW while being a LHW-MW for most of his career

No matter the rule set, the fighting arena or the country, he was a top fighter

but Fedor being a fat LHW not losing a round in a decade at heavyweight and and being more enteratining while at it cannot be topped IMO
Dan is a stud with a mean streak for sure

Can't be the best when you get dropped by an Arona punch

The Fedor in the ring was a different fighter then the Fedor in the cage. On a side note I hope he can beat Ryan Blanket and retire on a good note but like I said with age etc the Fedor in the cage is not the Fedor he was in the ring.

Highly disputed wins against Murilo Ninja, and Murilo Bustamante in their second fight doesn't make Decision Dan the greatest Pride fighter.

SSgt Dickweed has a good point, he was Decision Dan in Pride.

The Fedor in the ring was a different fighter then the Fedor in the cage. On a side note I hope he can beat Ryan Blanket and retire on a good note but like I said with age etc the Fedor in the cage is not the Fedor he was in the ring.

How does it feel getting you first like, 15 year old white belt?

I would have liked to see him fight Igor Vovchanchyn back in the day.

SSgt Dickweed has a good point, he was Decision Dan in Pride.
Hendo's been Decision Dan everywhere.

Here's a list of all the questionable decisions Dan has received in his favor:
  • Carlos Newton
  • Big Nog
  • Ninja Rua
  • Murilo Bustamante
  • Rich Franklin
That's a lot of fights. Hendo could be 27-20 if judges saw things a different way.

Hendo's been Decision Dan everywhere.

Here's a list of all the questionable decisions Dan has received in his favor:
  • Carlos Newton
  • Big Nog
  • Ninja Rua
  • Murilo Bustamante
  • Rich Franklin
That's a lot of fights. Hendo could be 27-20 if judges saw things a different way.

Actually, he should've lost against Allan Goes as well. He got the bogus decision against two guys in the same friggin' night. I can vividly recall one of the judges in that tournament having an American Flag-style vest and a mullet. Enough said.

He's a legend but let me know when he or anyone else goes 27-0 at HW. Hendo cant hold Fedors jock strap despite lucky scramble shot.

I have one better misaki beat hendo too he must be GOAT amirite?

durpy thread.

He was actually the most overrated fighter in all of MMA history until his TRT resurgence in Strikeforce/UFC. Before that he was just Split Gift Decision Dan.

Back