Dan Henderson deserves the title shot

Coughman

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of buzz recently around Dan Henderson getting the title shot and a lot of people on sherdog are whining about it, but lets face the facts: Dan Henderson has a highlight reel (a KOTY) KO of the champ. People love to post the rankings and try to bring up the fact that Dan is only 13 (as if rankings somehow determine how good a fighter is and not how he fights) to discredit a potential matchup between him and the count. These people ignore the fact that many of the champions themselves were (not more than a couple of fights ago) very low on the rankings themselves. So going by those rankings the champions shouldn't be champions. This doesn't make sense to me.

Dan Henderson deserves a shot. He should get it before weidman, jacare and romero because Dan has probably 2-3 fights left in him and those other fighters have plenty left. He should get it because the fans want to see it. And he should get it because Dan is the kind of man that can pull through in any fight.

To people who don't think he deserves the shot, you should be banned from posting here, since it's obvious you aren't real fight fans.

Agreed

120nkn9.jpg

fUloVaL-Imgur.gif

ufc-196-diaz-watermarked.gif

Last edited:
He doesn't but it's all good. I'll watch.

If you give it to Jacare... just end up screwing over Romero Rockhold and Weidman. One of them ends up being the odd man out with nobody to fight. This is the only fair way

Let's forget about guys that deserve it more, like Jacare or Romero. Let's give it to a guy who won 1 of his last 4 fights.

I hate the UFC title being treated like a toy.

2 weight Pride champ, Strikeforce champ, win over Fedor, and one of the most iconic knock outs of all time over Bisping.

His accomplishments speak for themselves and there is a great story between him and Bisping.

He doesn't "deserve" it by a long shot, but "deserve" has little to do with anything. I'd watch and I'd be hoping for H-Bomb 2: The Death of a Champion. (But Bisping probably jabs and jogs to a decision and then tells Hendo to go back to wrestling.)

Yeah if you're cool with the sport being a joke.

I've seen a lot of buzz recently around Dan Henderson getting the title shot and a lot of people on sherdog are whining about it, but lets face the facts: Dan Henderson has a highlight reel (a KOTY) KO of the champ. People love to post the rankings and try to bring up the fact that Dan is only 13 (as if rankings somehow determine how good a fighter is and not how he fights) to discredit a potential matchup between him and the count. These people ignore the fact that many of the champions themselves were (not more than a couple of fights ago) very low on the rankings themselves. So going by those rankings the champions shouldn't be champions. This doesn't make sense to me.

Dan Henderson deserves a shot. He should get it before weidman, jacare and romero because Dan has probably 2-3 fights left in him and those other fighters have plenty left. He should get it because the fans want to see it. And he should get it because Dan is the kind of man that can pull through in any fight.

To people who don't think he deserves the shot, you should be banned from posting here, since it's obvious you aren't real fight fans.

He really doesn't deserve it. All know that. Jacare, Yoel should get a title shot first, but it's Hendo and people can bend the rules, when it comes to living legends..like that.

TD is a moron.

Let me save this pitiful thread:
miesha-tate-ass-2.jpg

Your AV is very appropriate for the threads you make.
again good argument. You make so many good points as to why someone who deserves something doesn't deserve it. Dan is getting old, have you no heart?

Hendo is a legend with the resume to back it up. Can't wait for this fight.

Back