Damage in fights, with focus on Stipe vs Ngannou

What are you even talking about you clown? Barboza looked massively damaged from Khabib's onslaught.
You're not understanding the logic of my argument. In a 10-point must system with rounds.... how many bumps and scrapes on somebody's face does not determine the winner. Read my previous posts

What are you even talking about you clown? Barboza looked massively damaged from Khabib's onslaught.
T-nrZl6LCG8.jpg

Barboza didn't have extravagant damage.... before you go calling people clowns

You're not understanding the logic of my argument. In a 10-point must system with rounds.... how many bumps and scrapes on somebody's face does not determine the winner. Read my previous posts

No, you're not understanding mine. You used Barboza as an example of someone taking massive damage on the scorecards without realising that that actually supports my argument because Barboza looked like he took as much damage as he did both on his face and on the scorecards.

T-nrZl6LCG8.jpg

Barboza didn't have extravagant damage.... before you go calling people clowns

That only shows one angle of his face. Front-on he looked much more battered. God why am I even surprised you Stipe nuthuggers need to lie like this. You have literally no other way of supporting your arguments.

That only shows one angle of his face. Front-on he looked much more battered. God why am I even surprised you Stipe nuthuggers need to lie like this. You have literally no other way of supporting your arguments.

damage doesn't mean shit in fights.

let me explain.

imagine fighter (A) dominates fighter (B) with wrestling for the first 2 rounds (ie: khabib) ...without much damage to the face of fighter B.

and the first two rounds are 10-8's.

then in the final round fighter B gets one good elbow shot to the cheek and nose completely cutting open and smashing the nose of fighter A.

Does that one good shot means he wins the fight? No of course not.

Actual damage doesn't mean shit in a fight with a 10 point system.

logic.

learn to think.

a few days ago i was watching brock lesnar in WWE and noticed that the scar from cain velasquez' fight still there on brock's face, and wondered,is it really that difficult to get it fixed?

damage doesn't mean shit in fights.

let me explain.

imagine fighter (A) dominates fighter (B) with wrestling for the first 2 rounds (ie: khabib) ...without much damage to the face of fighter B.

and the first two rounds are 10-8's.

then in the final round fighter B gets one good elbow shot to the cheek and nose completely cutting open and smashing the nose of fighter A.

Does that one good shot means he wins the fight? No of course not.

Actual damage doesn't mean shit in a fight with a 10 point system.

logic.

learn to think.

You're still avoiding confronting the main thrust of my argument which is that Khabib did tonnes of damage to Barboza both on his face and on the scorecards. Khabib put Barboza through hell and Barboza looked like it too. Compare that to Stipe's lnp where Stipe actually looked like he'd been through a fight at the end while Ngannou looked brand-new. Here you're arguing that Stipe out-wrestled Ngannou in dominant fashion as Khabib out-wrestled Barboza in dominant fashion and I'm not arguing that they didn't but it's inarguable that Ngannou didn't do more damage to Stipe using his style of fighting than Stipe did to Ngannou using his and that Khabib didn't do more damage with his striking than with his wrestling.

You're still avoiding confronting the main thrust of my argument which is that Khabib did tonnes of damage to Barboza both on his face and on the scorecards. Khabib put Barboza through hell and Barboza looked like it too. Compare that to Stipe's lnp where Stipe actually looked like he'd been through a fight at the end while Ngannou looked brand-new. Here you're arguing that Stipe out-wrestled Ngannou in dominant fashion as Khabib out-wrestled Barboza in dominant fashion and I'm not arguing that they didn't but it's inarguable that Ngannou didn't do more damage to Stipe using his style of fighting than Stipe did to Ngannou using his and that Khabib didn't do more damage with his striking than with his wrestling.
maxresdefault.jpg

boza had practically no damage..... but how is that possible with 10-8 rounds from khabib?

Imagine if Barboza got one lucky kick and split khabibs face open. Does that then mean Barbosa wins the fight?

of course not, because damage to the face is irrelevant.

You are either trolling me at this point or are so dense that you can't see simple logic.

good evening.

maxresdefault.jpg

boza had practically no damage..... but how is that possible with 10-8 rounds from khabib?

Imagine if Barboza got one lucky kick and split khabibs face open. Does that then mean Barbosa wins the fight?

of course not, because damage to the face is irrelevant.

You are either trolling me at this point or are so dense that you can't see simple logic.

good evening.

OK now I'm beginning to think you're just trolling. We both know Barboza looked like he'd been through a blender at the end of that fight with bruises and cuts all over his face as well as a swollen eye and the fact you think this obviously doctored image proves anything tells me you aren't nearly as confident in your argument as you'd like me and anyone reading this thread to believe.

OK now I'm beginning to think you're just trolling. We both know Barboza looked like he'd been through a blender at the end of that fight with bruises and cuts all over his face as well as a swollen eye and the fact you think this obviously doctored image proves anything tells me you aren't nearly as confident in your argument as you'd like me and anyone reading this thread to believe.
Now I'm doctoring images? youre right. you win.

In the video below you can see the amount of damage Barboza took. His left eye is even swollen shut!

I can't break it down any more simple for you bro.
If Barbosa had got several lucky kicks to the face in the third round and split khabibs face open (severely).
.....khabib would have still won.

want to know why?

Because judging the amount of damage to someone's face does not determine the winner in the UFC when you judge individual rounds.

but you got me, nice troll job.

no way you're this dense

I can't break it down any more simple for you bro.
If Barbosa had got several lucky kicks to the face in the third round and split khabibs face open (severely).
.....khabib would have still won.

want to know why?

Because judging the amount of damage to someone's face does not determine the winner in the UFC when you judge individual rounds.

but you got me, nice troll job.

no way you're this dense

You keep missing my point. Khabib delivered plenty of damage to Barboza, not just lnp like Stipe. That's been my point from the beginning. I don't care what the judges said. Stop pretending you don't understand what I'm saying, unless you really don't, in which case you should just stop posting on Sherdog as you're obviously too thick to understand even points as easy to grasp as my own.

You keep missing my point. Khabib delivered plenty of damage to Barboza, not just lnp like Stipe. That's been my point from the beginning. I don't care what the judges said. Stop pretending you don't understand what I'm saying, unless you really don't, in which case you should just stop posting on Sherdog as you're obviously too thick to understand even points as easy to grasp as my own.
good grief dude.

You are hung up on one particular fight.

I'm talking about how fights are judged in the UFC in general.

..... which is not judged by facial damage.

undebatable

good grief dude.

You are hung up on one particular fight.

I'm talking about how fights are judged in the UFC.

..... which is not judged by facial damage.

That's still not my point though. IDGAF who the judges scored the fight for, what I and OP are saying is Francis did more damage while sustaining very little of his own. Nothing you've said so far changes that and the Khabib vs Barboza fight you tried to use only makes Stipe look even poorer in comparison as Khabib did actually do a lot of damage to Barboza as well as winning on the scorecards.

Stipe clearly won, but despite outlanding Ngannou like 10-1, their faces told a completely different story. 1 round Ngannou did more damage than stipe did in 4.

Just because someones face marks easier, doesnt mean they recieved more damage. Not all damage is visible.

Ngannou landed 33 strikes in 25 minutes and Stipe never seemed to be in danger.

Stipe landed 203 strikes. Chances are Ngannou's brain sufffered damage you cant see at a post fight press conference.

If visible damage was all that scored, you would see fighters looking to game the rules by damaging their opponent and then running for the rest of the fight. Is this what mma fans really want?

That's still not my point though. IDGAF who the judges scored the fight for, what I and OP are saying is Francis did more damage while sustaining very little of his own. Nothing you've said so far changes that and the Khabib vs Barboza fight you tried to use only makes Stipe look even poorer in comparison as Khabib did actually do a lot of damage to Barboza as well as winning on the scorecards.

stipe DID take more damage.... yes i agree.

but stipe still won.

why did stipe still win??.....how did stipe crush ngannou every round even with 10-8's?

BECAUSE FIGHTS AREN'T JUDGED BY FACIAL DAMAGE LOL.

Just because someones face marks easier, doesnt mean they recieved more damage. Not all damage is visible.

Ngannou landed 33 strikes in 25 minutes and Stipe never seemed to be in danger.

Ngannou landed a strike in round 3 that had Stipe immediately shooting for a takedown. Can't remember Ngannou ever being in similar danger.

Stipe landed 203 strikes. Chances are Ngannou's brain sufffered damage you cant see at a post fight press conference.

That's BS. We can't see any actual proof that Ngannou was damaged so we should assume he was. What?

If visible damage was all that scored, you would see fighters looking to game the rules by damaging their opponent and then running for the rest of the fight. Is this what mma fans really want?

That's basically how things work currently. Judges don't really care if a guy's on the backfoot as long as he scores more strikes/does more damage.

stipe DID take more damage.... yes i agree.

but stipe still won.

why did stipe still win??.....how did stipe crush ngannou every round even with 10-8's?

BECAUSE FIGHTS AREN'T JUDGED BY FACIAL DAMAGE LOL.

You call lnp 'crushing' lol? That tells me pretty much all I need to know about you Stipe dicksucks. Ngannou did more damage in 1 round than Stipe did in 5. That's all I care about, regardless of scoring criteria.

Ngannou landed a strike in round 3 that had Stipe immediately shooting for a takedown. Can't remember Ngannou ever being in similar danger.

That's BS. We can't see any actual proof that Ngannou was damaged so we should assume he was. What?

That's basically how things work currently. Judges don't really care if a guy's on the backfoot as long as he scores more strikes/does more damage.

You call lnp 'crushing' lol? That tells me pretty much all I need to know about you Stipe dicksucks. Ngannou did more damage in 1 round than Stipe did in 5. That's all I care about, regardless of scoring criteria.

you just said in a previous post that khabibs lnp was crushing....but stipes isn't?
And because I'm trying to show you the light now I'm sucking dicks?... that just showed your mental age and integrity level.

You are the type of person that will say anything to justify your side, no matter how illogical or ludacris.

You are not a reasonable person that thinks for themselves.
I'm done here.

Most of the fuckin neckbeards on sherdog never did any serious sport in their lives so they don't know how easy it is to get superficial damage like a cut or a black eye. It doesn't even have to hurt, you just hear a popping sound and see the blood flowing from the injury.

Superficial damage does no equal real damage. That's why internal bleeding is a lot worse than bleeding from a wound allthough most people would say: "He looked fine, I don't know why he died."

Back