Damage in fights, with focus on Stipe vs Ngannou

damage doesn't mean shit in fights.

let me explain.

imagine fighter (A) dominates fighter (B) with wrestling for the first 2 rounds (ie: khabib) ...without much damage to the face of fighter B.

and the first two rounds are 10-8's.

then in the final round fighter B gets one good elbow shot to the cheek and nose completely cutting him open and smashing the nose of fighter A.

Does that one good shot means he wins the fight? No of course not.

Actual damage doesn't mean shit in a fight with a 10 point system.
It's a fucking fight. Damage doesn't mean nothing. That's a ridiculous overreach in the opposite direction.

It's a fucking fight. Damage doesn't mean nothing. That's a ridiculous overreach in the opposite direction.
eL4DxSF.gif

I didn't see the fight but it's crazy how so many people watched the same exact fight&have such drastically different takes on what actually happened in the fight.its funny how nut-huggers&haters never seem to just be honest.

whites, particularly northern europeans have prominent noses. they are gonna get busted up real quick. Flatter noses will not.
they also have more angular bone structure. this leads to cuts upon impact.
thats why ngannou didnt look hurt at all. plus stipe didnt hit ngannou that hard really. just a shit load of times

So you think of fight should be judged on how many bumps are on someone's face?
Everything you say is wrong.
So you think judges should not take into account how many bumps are on someone's face?

Everything you say is either triggered, gay, wrong, or some combination of those things.

You are too dense to communicate with but also too triggered to make the effort entertaining.

tumblr_o12szlRLyf1rqe0rbo1_540.gif

Stipe clearly won, but despite outlanding Ngannou like 10-1, their faces told a completely different story. 1 round Ngannou did more damage than stipe did in 4.
Visible damage yes. Ngannou got destroyed though. Dont Think he will be doing alot of workout for a while, thrashed body.

Stipe's pillow fists exposed.

Ngannou murks him in the rematch.

Visible damage isn't really a reliable criteria. Some fighters have skin that tears like tissue, so people never show any marks.

When I think damage, I think somebody getting stunned/ rocked/ being close to being finished.

But hey, that's just me.

This 100%.

You guys appear to think that damage is only shown on the outer part of the body.

What about all the concussive blows that Stipe landed on Ngannou on the ground. Short, thumping shots again and again.

You don't get hit in the head 80 times in Round 4, without it hurting.

Stipe clearly won, but despite outlanding Ngannou like 10-1, their faces told a completely different story. 1 round Ngannou did more damage than stipe did in 4.

Are you seriously trying to argue damage shows same on black skin vs white?

Ofc,they should score bruise on the face more than choking someone,breaking his limbs,ribs...If I cant see it,I dont belive in it.Just bleed matters.

Right so since that fight ended, there have been numerous posts saying something among these lines: Ngannou didn't receive any damage, but did you see Stipe's face? yada yada yada

Stipe had Ngannou trapped multiple times in a lock, where the former was forced to put either his hands on the ground or knee to avoid a savage beating (the grounded opponent rule)

So even if you wanna completely ignore the sheer amount of times Ngannou has been punched in the head in this fight, consider that he was saved by the rules, otherwise he would have gotten his shit pushed in.

Sounds like neither of you are wrong.

It all comes down to the definition of 'damage'. Equating damage with superficial damage is just an irrational, and more than anything else, oversimplified way of looking at it.

A new study in the field of neuropathology, for example, says that CTE is not related to concussions but rather is related to getting hit in the head in general. If the study is to be believed, it sure seems to me like N'Gannou came out of the fight with more potential areas of degenerative brain tissue present.

Also seems to me that the sort of damage that will presumably never regenerate is more meaningful long-term than getting your eye smashed.

Shut the fuck up NERD! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back