Cyborg calls out Rousey again, says she will only fight at CW for her or the 135 champ

Will Rousey accept the call out?

• Total voters
Do you guys think Mike Tyson would be scared to fight a person 5lbs more when he was champion?
Ronda would KO mike Tyson and his entire team too. But apparently won't fight a women four pounds heavier

I am not her nutritionist so I can't really answer your question. However, judging by the photo you posted I'd say that going down even further would be fucking hell for that woman. Also, I think it's not a matter of "can she lose muscle mass to make weight" it's more of a "why would she want to lose muscle mass".

And like I said the key factor here is that Cyborg has the negotiational leverage over Ronda. Cyborg hasn't lost an mma fight since 2005. Ronda's last fight was a one sided beatdown from Holly Holm. Ronda can now either put up or shut up.
It's simply delusional to think Borg has the leverage. She's still struggling to have relevant fights people care about and Ronda is still arguably the biggest name in the sport. She'll sell 1 m her next fight. Borg will fight in front of hundreds in invicta.

When Ronda was champ the excuse for not fighting Cyborg was that she had the belt, and Cyborg should make 135 to fight her.

But now that Ronda isn't the champ anymore, what prevents her to take the fight at 140 ?

Please Ronda fans enlighten me.

I love how people say Rousey is in a rivalry with Tate & Cyborg even though she used to answer 1 question about them every few months, seems more like Tate and Cyborg using Rouseys name to boost their own profile.

When Ronda was champ the excuse for not fighting Cyborg was that she had the belt, and Cyborg should make 135 to fight her.

But now that Ronda isn't the champ anymore, what prevents her to take the fight at 140 ?

Please Ronda fans enlighten me.
Perhaps the fact that she isn't fighting anybody? I'm not even a Rousey fan but this notion that she's obligated to fight Cyborg at 140lbs now that she's lost the title is crazy, who even knows if she'll ever fight again? She'll probably take an ambassador role, she can already retire with more money than Cyborg or any other woman fighter will ever make.

I love how people say Rousey is in a rivalry with Tate & Cyborg even though she used to answer 1 question about them every few months, seems more like Tate and Cyborg using Rouseys name to boost their own profile.

Yes, two active champions piggybacking the name of someone who got humiliated, KOed and has no opponent or come back date named after more than 6 months. Nailed it.

Yes, two active champions piggybacking the name of someone who got humiliated, KOed and has no opponent or come back date named after more than 6 months. Nailed it.
What does active champions have to do with it? She's still more popular than both of them and you're delusional if you think otherwise.

What does active champions have to do with it? She's still more popular than both of them and you're delusional if you think otherwise.

She is one of the the most hated and ridiculed people ever to compete in mixed martial arts.

Rousey is incredibly annoying, but Cyborg is moving into the same annoying territory. Calling out smaller fighters and telling them to go up in weight to fight you is mind numbingly lame - I can't believe she's doing it, she seemed more level headed.

There's a reason fighters like Muhammed Ali, Rocky Marciano, Mike Tyson, Joe Louis, George Foreman, Larry Holmes never called out lighter fighters and challenged them to go up in weight to fight them. This just makes Cyborg sound bad. Much better if Cyborg just says she's a 145 fighter and fights other 145 pound fighters.

She is one of the the most hated and ridiculed people ever to compete in mixed martial arts.
So what? Popularity doesn't necessarily mean that she's universally liked. She's more popular than both of them so naturally they're going to talk shit about her to boost their profiles.

Rousey is incredibly annoying, but Cyborg is moving into the same annoying territory. Calling out smaller fighters and telling them to go up in weight to fight you is mind numbingly lame - I can't believe she's doing it, she seemed more level headed.

There's a reason fighters like Muhammed Ali, Rocky Marciano, Mike Tyson, Joe Louis, George Foreman, Larry Holmes never called out lighter fighters and challenged them to go up in weight to fight them. This just makes Cyborg sound bad. Much better if Cyborg just says she's a 145 fighter and fights other 145 pound fighters.

Hey we shouldn't assume knowledge, there's a backstory to this statement ie Rousey and her hype team have been talking sh*t to Cyborg and calling her out at 135, which she can not make without going anorexic, for what 5 years now. This hasn't just come out of the blue.

Hey we shouldn't assume knowledge, there's a backstory to this statement ie Rousey and her hype team have been talking sh*t to Cyborg and calling her out at 135, which she can not make without going anorexic, for what 5 years now. This hasn't just come out of the blue.

True, except Rousey hasn't said a peep since being humiliated half a year ago. Holm proved Cyborg's point, and Rousey seems to have humility forced upon her. If Rousey starts calling Cyborg out again then Cyborg should answer, but going after a destroyed fighter (who's only ranked 3rd in a lower weightdivision) who hasn't said anything in half a year is kind of goofy.

If anything, Cyborg should be calling out the 135 champ, not someone who was beaten start to finish in her last fight at 135. And even then, a 145 pounder calling out the 135 champ would be incredibly lame. When has a champ ever called out a lower weight fighter and demanded they come up weight to fight them? It looks really bad.

the outcry of public joy that came from her demise sent her into a state of depression. the world laughed as she fell. I can't stand her but couldn't help but feel bad for her. when so many people rejoice in you getting your ass kicked it MIGHT indicate something about your conduct and how youre recieved. I think she's like Floyd in that people tune in with hopes they get to watch her fail. I guess popular would be the word but it's seems to be more hate than love when it comes to Ronda.

the outcry of public joy that came from her demise sent her into a state of depression. the world laughed as she fell. I can't stand her but couldn't help but feel bad for her. when so many people rejoice in you getting your ass kicked it MIGHT indicate something about your conduct and how youre recieved. I think she's like Floyd in that people tune in with hopes they get to watch her fail. I guess popular would be the word but it's seems to be more hate than love when it comes to Ronda.
I never claimed she was loved, popularity doesn't go hand in hand with being liked.

True, except Rousey hasn't said a peep since being humiliated half a year ago. Holm proved Cyborg's point, and Rousey seems to have humility forced upon her. If Rousey starts calling Cyborg out again then Cyborg should answer, but going after a destroyed fighter (who's only ranked 3rd in a lower weightdivision) who hasn't said anything in half a year is kind of goofy.

If anything, Cyborg should be calling out the 135 champ, not someone who was beaten start to finish in her last fight at 135. And even then, a 145 pounder calling out the 135 champ would be incredibly lame. When has a champ ever called out a lower weight fighter and demanded they come up weight to fight them? It looks really bad.
IMO a smaller fighter calling out a larger fighter without any intention of moving up (not even to a catchweight) looks worse. It's like talking shit behind a wall of body guards. The norm has always be move up or catchweight. This is the only instance where the heavier fighter has been expected go drop. Anderson waffled like Cyborg at making 170 for GSP but that's the closet example in my memory anyway.

Agreed hence why I indicated that it was mostly negative popularity
There's no such thing as negative popularity, Tate or Cyborg would kill to be as popular as her regardless of why she's popular, popularity creates money and a bad personality just creates more money and popularity. There are hardly any popular good people in the UFC.

they both are dodging each other .. this is annoying ike flloyd and connor talk..

FEATURED-215-1200x633.jpg

Cca-6_rW0AEzp_D.jpg

Back