Cyborg calls out Rousey again, says she will only fight at CW for her or the 135 champ

Will Rousey accept the call out?

• Total voters
Hey rousey did you finally remove that pillow from your face so you could see to type this reply. You are getting all bent out of shape because of something I said is it that time of the month again?

yes, avoid the issue YOU originally started once i prove you wrong.

You can't duck someone not in your weight division - unless you think everyone in MMA is ducking HW's.

I agree Cyborg is the female GOAT, but that is irrelevant to lighter fighters - its not a lighter fighters responsibility to go up in weight to make things convenient for a heavier fighter. Cyborg should be fighting other 145 pounders, building up the 145 division until it gets to the point where there are enough 145 pounders that the UFC creates a 145 pound division. Fighting lighter fighters does nothing to change the situation - the heavier fighter is expected to win, that's the whole point behind weight divisions.

This is really simple. Heavier fighters don't expect lighter fighters to go up in weight for them, nor are lighter fighters ducking by not doing so. There's a reason boxing HW GOAT's like Muhammed Ali weren't calling out LHW's - its simply lame. Nor is anyone in boxing silly enough to claim LHW's who didn't go up to test Ali, or Joe Louis, or any other great were ducking them. Only MMA fans (and only some of those) think that a lighter fighter who doesn't go up in weight is ducking. Its ridiculous.

Cyborg could be a big draw. She could be building up other 145 pound fighters, getting their names out there by fighting them and promoting them. Instead she's wasting her marketing capital by calling out lighter fighters who are already known and don't need the press, and who have no reason to go up in weight and fight her. She's making a big marketing mistake.

Good thing Ronda was already at 145 and ducked Cyborg at that time so your excuse won't fly. She even admitted to not being ready to fight Cyborg.

What do you think Cyborg has been doing all these years? I guess it must be her fault WMMA in general is weak, she should be out there canvassing local MMA gyms trying to sign fighters apparently. Lol at UFC making a 145 division, the only reason they brought Cyborg over is because Ronda lost. If Ronda was still undefeated Cyborg would still be getting the silent treatment from the UFC. Get a clue.

Apples and Oranges. Ronda and Cyborg are separated by 5 pounds, quit acting like its a 50 pound difference. Also Ali would have challenged anyone that said they were better than him or if the fans were disrespecting him saying so and so would beat you. Cyborg doesn't get the respect she deserves so she feels like she needs to go and stomp people like Ronda to get it.

Zuffa needs to jump on it, Cyborg can't bring in fans and fighters to Invicta herself. Good thing Ronda got exposed and Zuffa is giving Cyborg some time to shine.

Good thing Ronda was already at 145 and ducked Cyborg at that time so your excuse won't fly. She even admitted to not being ready to fight Cyborg.

What do you think Cyborg has been doing all these years? I guess it must be her fault WMMA in general is weak, she should be out there canvassing local MMA gyms trying to sign fighters apparently. Lol at UFC making a 145 division, the only reason they brought Cyborg over is because Ronda lost. If Ronda was still undefeated Cyborg would still be getting the silent treatment from the UFC. Get a clue.

Apples and Oranges. Ronda and Cyborg are separated by 5 pounds, quit acting like its a 50 pound difference. Also Ali would have challenged anyone that said they were better than him or if the fans were disrespecting him saying so and so would beat you. Cyborg doesn't get the respect she deserves so she feels like she needs to go and stomp people like Ronda to get it.

Zuffa needs to jump on it, Cyborg can't bring in fans and fighters to Invicta herself. Good thing Ronda got exposed and Zuffa is giving Cyborg some time to shine.

Good grief, Cyborg started at 135, Rousey started at 145, now Cyborg is at 145 and Rousey is at 135. Fighters change weight divisions as they find their optimal weight. Is that really that hard to understand?

And if the only fighter at 145 with name recognition ignores the 145 division, how in the world is it supposed to get any publicity. The one thing Rousey did well, and worked her butt off on, was hyping her fights. Cyborg doesn't get that, she just wants to show up and fight. Ideally that's the way sport should work, but its never been that way in prize fighting. If Cyborg spent a tenth the time talking about other 145 pound fighters as she does about Rousey (who gets way too much press as it is) then some of those 145 pound fighters would have some name recognition, and then Cyborg could make enough fighting them that she didn't have to do the lame route of calling out smaller fighters.

Look, I don't think Rousey would do well against Cyborg (or in a rematch against Holm for what its worth); I already stated in this thread that I think Cyborg is the WMMA GOAT. And Rousey is annoying beyond belief (and Cyborg isn't the worst of it, she said GSP had bad MMA at the time he was the dominant WW champ, she said she could beat Cain - if its a question of grief with Rousey, Cyborg should get in line, GSP and Cain should have their shots first - and I suspect a lot of people would have paid to see either GSP or Cain shut her up). However, the principle of the thing is pretty clear - you can't duck someone not in your weight division, and Rousey is now a 135 pound fighter, Cyborg is a 145 pound fighter, and anyone who thinks either is ducking is talking nonsense. The fact the difference is only 5 pounds is irrelevant, its different weight divisions, and the issue is much bigger than Rousey-Cyborg. Was GSP ducking Anderson? Was Anderson ducking Jones? Was Jones ducking Cain? Was Barao ducking Aldo? Is everyone who isn't fighting at HW ducking guys who do fight at HW? Why bother with weight divisions at all if you're expected to fight across them. Its been this way long before Rousey-Cyborg, and will be this way long after both are forgotten. You're not looking at the big picture.

And actually lots of fighters said they were better than Ali - in fact, anyone who wanted a million dollar plus purse for fighting him said it, whether they thought they had a chance or not. Calling out a famous fighter in hopes of getting big money is as old as boxing itself (typically done by people who no one ever heard of for the obvious reason - they wanted whatever press they can get). He just laughed at them, and rightly so. Who cares what Joe Journeyman says, or Larry Lightweight?

I agree Cyborg doesn't get the respect she deserves, but calling out smaller fighters isn't the way to respect, its the way to lose respect. Which is why heavier champs don't do it, other than Cyborg for reasons I just don't get. Moreover, didn't you watch Holm-Rousey? It wasn't even close - Holm absolutely humiliated Rousey from start to finish. Rousey's currently number 3 at 135, basically a no-one. And has been as quiet as a doormouse ever since. Cyborg calling out the #3 fighter in a lower weight division, one that was brutalized from start to finish in her last fight, and who hasn't disrespected her or anyone else since, is over the top silly. Who calls out someone who lost that badly and pretends its supposed to be a challenge? Watch the Holm-Rousey fight, it wasn't even remotely close. Rousey isn't the big player in 135 anymore.

It made sense for Cyborg to call out Rousey half a year ago, because Rousey was disrespecting Cyborg, and was the number one fighter at 135. It makes zero sense now, because Rousey has said zip about anything (being force fed humility does that), and is a long way from being the number one fighter at 135. People act like Rousey is still the fighter to beat at 135. She's not, and she's got a long road back, which she might never make. Both Holm and Tate are way above Rousey right now. And both are smaller than Cyborg as well.

Do you guys think Mike Tyson would be scared to fight a person 5lbs more when he was champion?

Don't offend Iron Mike by mentioning his name in a Ronda related thread. That's just blasphemy.

Good grief, Cyborg started at 135, Rousey started at 145, now Cyborg is at 145 and Rousey is at 135. Fighters change weight divisions as they find their optimal weight. Is that really that hard to understand?

And if the only fighter at 145 with name recognition ignores the 145 division, how in the world is it supposed to get any publicity. The one thing Rousey did well, and worked her butt off on, was hyping her fights. Cyborg doesn't get that, she just wants to show up and fight. Ideally that's the way sport should work, but its never been that way in prize fighting. If Cyborg spent a tenth the time talking about other 145 pound fighters as she does about Rousey (who gets way too much press as it is) then some of those 145 pound fighters would have some name recognition, and then Cyborg could make enough fighting them that she didn't have to do the lame route of calling out smaller fighters.

Look, I don't think Rousey would do well against Cyborg (or in a rematch against Holm for what its worth); I already stated in this thread that I think Cyborg is the WMMA GOAT. And Rousey is annoying beyond belief (and Cyborg isn't the worst of it, she said GSP had bad MMA at the time he was the dominant WW champ, she said she could beat Cain - if its a question of grief with Rousey, Cyborg should get in line, GSP and Cain should have their shots first - and I suspect a lot of people would have paid to see either GSP or Cain shut her up). However, the principle of the thing is pretty clear - you can't duck someone not in your weight division, and Rousey is now a 135 pound fighter, Cyborg is a 145 pound fighter, and anyone who thinks either is ducking is talking nonsense. The fact the difference is only 5 pounds is irrelevant, its different weight divisions, and the issue is much bigger than Rousey-Cyborg. Was GSP ducking Anderson? Was Anderson ducking Jones? Was Jones ducking Cain? Was Barao ducking Aldo? Is everyone who isn't fighting at HW ducking guys who do fight at HW? Why bother with weight divisions at all if you're expected to fight across them. Its been this way long before Rousey-Cyborg, and will be this way long after both are forgotten. You're not looking at the big picture.

And actually lots of fighters said they were better than Ali - in fact, anyone who wanted a million dollar plus purse for fighting him said it, whether they thought they had a chance or not. Calling out a famous fighter in hopes of getting big money is as old as boxing itself (typically done by people who no one ever heard of for the obvious reason - they wanted whatever press they can get). He just laughed at them, and rightly so. Who cares what Joe Journeyman says, or Larry Lightweight?

I agree Cyborg doesn't get the respect she deserves, but calling out smaller fighters isn't the way to respect, its the way to lose respect. Which is why heavier champs don't do it, other than Cyborg for reasons I just don't get. Moreover, didn't you watch Holm-Rousey? It wasn't even close - Holm absolutely humiliated Rousey from start to finish. Rousey's currently number 3 at 135, basically a no-one. And has been as quiet as a doormouse ever since. Cyborg calling out the #3 fighter in a lower weight division, one that was brutalized from start to finish in her last fight, and who hasn't disrespected her or anyone else since, is over the top silly. Who calls out someone who lost that badly and pretends its supposed to be a challenge? Watch the Holm-Rousey fight, it wasn't even remotely close. Rousey isn't the big player in 135 anymore.

It made sense for Cyborg to call out Rousey half a year ago, because Rousey was disrespecting Cyborg, and was the number one fighter at 135. It makes zero sense now, because Rousey has said zip about anything (being force fed humility does that), and is a long way from being the number one fighter at 135. People act like Rousey is still the fighter to beat at 135. She's not, and she's got a long road back, which she might never make. Both Holm and Tate are way above Rousey right now. And both are smaller than Cyborg as well.
TLDR. WAR Queen Holm anyway.

Germaine de Randmie was up for it.. Cyborg refused
Both Holly and Miesha went on record to say that they'll fight Cyborg
No they didn't. Holly backed out and Miesha wanted her to make 135 then gave a classic waffling answer. This is how I know you're dishonest.

And what the fuck do you mean "if she could"?? Of course she fucking could, losing an inch off her biceps alone would be enough to drop 3lbs (to make 136).. Or are you telling me those muscles of hers contain vital organs or some shit? She made 140 and 139 while still looking muscular as fuck. If you honestly believe that muscle cannot be lost to make weight, than you are an idiot
She doesn't look "muscular as fuck." She looks like she's about to pass out.

No they didn't. Holly backed out and Miesha wanted her to make 135 then gave a classic waffling answer. This is how I know you're dishonest.

She doesn't look "muscular as fuck." She looks like she's about to pass out.

Screen-Shot-2016-05-14-at-11.09.13-am.jpg

you were saying?

Clearly this is the absolute minimum amount of muscle a woman could carry without dying right?
I dont think even you believe the bullshit you spew

This situation is becoming one of the most epic ducks in recent combat sports history.

We should all pull off a JagWar using the #RunningManChallenge tag.

And with that..... I'm gone. #RunningManChallenge

I like Cyborg more than Ronda but this is getting ridiculous. Okay, you want to fight Ronda, but she hasn't responded because she's shook and doesn't want another L in her loss column. After a while this gets stale. You already won the war of words, now just let it go and go after someone else who is game to fight you.

And BTW, that's no running man. That's some shuffle sh*t. I seriously hate this generation. Everything is getting "rebooted" but it only gets worse than the original. I thought the purpose of a reboot was to be better than the original.

Back