Cyborg Bashers About 145 Weight Class

You claim it is true, then show me.

If you can't, it means you are blatantly lying about it.

Whether misguided by your obvious hate or not, it doesn't matter.

SHOW ME

It's there in black and white. I posted the Sherdog article that explains the agreement. Ronda Rousey or no Ronda Rousey, she was supposed to have a fight at 135 in Invicta, which could've easily happened before Ronda's loss.

To those bashing Cyborg because they made the 145 to just make a star out of her:

The LHW class was indeed a made up weight class to make Tito a star. Not the LHW class is dominated by who a lot of people claim to the GOAT in Jon Jones.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Tito manages Cyborg.

When did MMA get flooded with whiny, easily triggered fans? It was never like this? When did MMA become a safe space for snowflakes?

STFU about cyborg and the weight class. Just enjoy the fights you whiny little <17>

Mostly I'm seeing whining about wanting 145 to be a safe space for Cyborg.

Also, historical context is not your friend.

When every argument gets reduced to "whining" and "safe spaces" , the dilemma happens.

Yes, sure they wanted to destory Chris "second coming of Christ" Justino, and demolish her "once in lifetime" talent. Steroids and scandal around it had nothing to do it with it. Dana White is just bad person.

You're lying like some b..ch. Cyborg signed new contract with Zuffa (not UFC) around 2015...Who forced her?
Man threads about Cyborg are hillarious. And her fanboys also.
Like I outlined earlier they dangled a superfight with Ronda infront of her. Invicta wasnt paying her shit and hardly giving her fights.

lying like some b..ch.
Man threads about Cyborg are hillarious. And her fanboys also.
So, you resorted to name calling. Looks like you are the Bitch if facts hurt your feelings so badly.

When Zuffa bought Strikeforce they owned her contract. They closed the FW division and she had no options other than Invicta. They basically relegated her career to Invicta.

UFC dangled the carrot about a superfight with Rousey for years. When she finally had enough of trying to make 135 and Rousey got exposed, UFC opened the featherweight division.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ase-from-ufc-abandons-ronda-rousey-superfight

Your history is all wrong.

'When Zuffa bought Strikeforce they owned her contract' Yes, and that contract eventually ended. She signed a new UFC contract at a later date. They didn't relegate her to anything. She chose to sign with Invicta (while working with Tito Ortiz). That was before Invicta had even inked their deal with the UFC.

Last edited:

That's what happened.

Feb 2013: Cris Cyborg's UFC release expected to be finalized in coming days

"Instead, Ortiz asked for Santos' release from Zuffa, was granted it — and signed Santos to Invicta, anyway."

Feb 2013: Cris Cyborg signs with Invicta FC, will make her debut at Invicta FC 5

March 2015: ‘Cyborg’ UFC Deal Confirmed; Must Fight at 135 Pounds in Invicta to Earn Rousey Bout

She got her release from her original Zuffa contract and signed with Invicta immediately after.

McMann is not even a top contender at 135! She couldn't beat Nunes or Tate! WHy do you think she can beat Cyborg?

Except she is. McMann is on a three fight winning streak and is currently ranked #6. Now guess where Leslie Smith was ranked? Somewhere between #15 and #13, depending on where you look. Let's drop the whole pretense that you care about the rankings. You would celebrate if Cyborg fought a literal bum they found outside the arena. She couldn't beat Nunes or Tate, therefore she must not be able to beat Cyborg? Interesting. I would call you out for using MMAth, but MMAth actually requires that they actually, you know, fight the person in question. You're speculating, which is all Cyborg fanatics can do since she won't fight anybody worth a damn.

Now guess where Leslie Smith was ranked? Somewhere between #15 and #13, depending on where you look.
Leslie Smith, with her 8-6 record at the time of the fight... was probably Cyborg's third best opponent in the last 7 years. o_O

It's there in black and white. I posted the Sherdog article that explains the agreement. Ronda Rousey or no Ronda Rousey, she was supposed to have a fight at 135 in Invicta, which could've easily happened before Ronda's loss.
You didn't.
An article stating it doesn't make it official.
Besides, the point of her making 135 was to fight Ronda.
That's because Ronda was hiding at the 135 division and wouldn't fight Cyborg at 145 or even at 140Lbs because she knew she'd lose. And after those humiliating defeats, we know that to be true.

UFC is in charge of building the 145 division.
Start blaming them, not Cyborg for not having decent competition.

Again, who forced her to sign contract? There was no 145 lbs division in UFC. She signed contract with Zuffa not UFC.
You must be a special kind of stupid.
When Ronda signed with the UFC, there were TWO fighters at 135 division. Her and Carmouche.
That is what happen when the UFC starts a division. They have to start with someone.

But they fucked up and didn't do a good job building the 145 Lbs division.
In part, it was obvious they were protecting Ronda.
Because now that she is out of the way, all of a sudden, they agreed to make it for cyborg.

All Cyborg did was sign with the best promotion on the planet. That's not a mistake, that was an opportunity
Blame the UFC for not doing their side of the bargain, not Cyborg.

Ronda was biggest draw ever, Holly,Miesha are bigger draws...
they were more hyped.
Not the best.
Don't try to corelate the two.

Cyborg is the best, and they all knew. That's why they called her.
But they KNEW she was the best, that's why they backtracked.

not that hard to understand it.

Except she is. McMann is on a three fight winning streak and is currently ranked #6. Now guess where Leslie Smith was ranked? Somewhere between #15 and #13, depending on where you look. Let's drop the whole pretense that you care about the rankings. You would celebrate if Cyborg fought a literal bum they found outside the arena. She couldn't beat Nunes or Tate, therefore she must not be able to beat Cyborg? Interesting. I would call you out for using MMAth, but MMAth actually requires that they actually, you know, fight the person in question. You're speculating, which is all Cyborg fanatics can do since she won't fight anybody worth a damn.
Child, please.
Stop pretending to be smart. That doesn't suit you.

You throw in names and then in the same sentence attack Cyborg for trying to fight those same names you mentioned 5 seconds ago.

If you were smart, you would notice you had exposed yourself, and that no matter what Cyborg did, you would attack her for doing that.

As someone said: Cyborg could cure cancer, and you would still bash her for it.

Child, please.
Stop pretending to be smart. That doesn't suit you.

You throw in names and then in the same sentence attack Cyborg for trying to fight those same names you mentioned 5 seconds ago.

If you were smart, you would notice you had exposed yourself, and that no matter what Cyborg did, you would attack her for doing that.

As someone said: Cyborg could cure cancer, and you would still bash her for it.

You didn't address a single thing I said. You said McMann is not even a top contender at 135. That is objectively false. McMann fought for the title and is ranked #6 at this very moment. Sure beats #15. 'attack Cyborg for trying' Right now I'm attacking your fallacious argument. The fact that McMann couldn't beat Tate or Nunes does not mean she can not beat Cyborg.

You didn't address a single thing I said. You said McMann is not even a top contender at 135. That is objectively false. McMann fought for the title and is ranked #6 at this very moment. Sure beats #15. 'attack Cyborg for trying' Right now I'm attacking your fallacious argument. The fact that McMann couldn't beat Tate or Nunes does not mean she can not beat Cyborg.

LOL pathetic attempt to not respond to what I wrote.
#6 is not top contender.
Those are usually top 3 or max top 5.
But even if McMann was considered top opponent, SHE didn't beat any top opponent.

WHo did she beat?
Eye? She's 1-5 in her last 6 fights.
Davis? 2-2 in her last 4.
Mazany ?
upload_2017-8-12_17-35-54.jpeg

That's called a gatekeeper, buddy.
But it doesn't matter, because you are a hypocrite and you will keep lying.
Until Cyborg fights ANY of those names, then you will BASH HER for fighting 135ers...

We have established you are a liar.

Keep trying though. it is fun to destroy Hater's arguments and expose them.

Davis? 2-2 in her last 4.
Davis had only lost to Ronda since 2012 before fighting McMann and was 6-1 in her last 7, your counting her loss to McMann to discredit her is pathetic.

Evinger who some people claim to be Cyborg's best win got finished twice by Davis! lol

Davis had only lost to Ronda since 2012 before fighting McMann and was 6-1 in her last 7, your counting her loss to McMann to discredit her is pathetic.

Evinger who some people claim to be Cyborg's best win got finished twice by Davis! lol
MMAth does not work.
You should know that.

And like I said, it doesn't matter.
You claim Cyborg should fight so and so.
If Cyborg fights her, you will then bash Cyborg for fighting a 135'er.

The Hypocrisy is high with Cyborg haters.

TS makes a thread to whine about whiny people. Pure genius.

I don't know why Cyborg is so hated. She doesn't represent anything so unacceptable, and she doesn't have a nemesis for the other side to root behind.

I don't know why Cyborg is so hated. She doesn't represent anything so unacceptable, and she doesn't have a nemesis for the other side to root behind.
Ronda, Tate and Nunes are her rivals in terms of who has better resumes and should be rated higher career wise. They're in different weight classes but so are Fedor and Jon Snow or Anderson and GSP and they have strong fan rivalries too lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back