Curtis Stevens, GGG=RIP

I think if we saw the Junior who thinks hes some sort of boxer show up, then yeah, Golovkin would beat him. If we saw the Junior who came to fight then he'd make Golovkin go rounds. Junior is a waste of talent but he's tough and gets his shots in.

I don't believe any of that "well if he was serious, if he was motivated, etc" nonsense. reminds me of BJ penn fans.

golovkin is more like the middleweight matthysse.

peter quilin makes him his bitch

This type of statements make me think that I'm posting on Yahoo or some shit like that.

Last edited:
At this point, I think GGG mauls everyone not named Andre Ward...

he will run right over Sergio, JCC Jr and Froch...

I don't think he beats Froch. I agree with Sergio and JCCJR though. I might just think too highly of Froch. Guy has been in there with stone cold killers and came out on top more often then not. He has the ability to box GGG and his beard is solid enough to panic even when he does get hit.

I think Sergio is past it and would be on the wrong end of a tough night.

I don't think JCCJR ever had it.

Froch beats GGG up. Gunit is in for a rude awakening the day he can't bully his opponent.

I don't think he beats Froch. I agree with Sergio and JCCJR though. I might just think too highly of Froch. Guy has been in there with stone cold killers and came out on top more often then not. He has the ability to box GGG and his beard is solid enough to panic even when he does get hit.

I think Sergio is past it and would be on the wrong end of a tough night.

I don't think JCCJR ever had it.

I don't think you rate Froch too highly. In a world without Andre Ward he would have won a very competitive Super Six tournament and then followed that up by KOing the best non-tourney SMW in Bute and avenging his close loss to Kessler. At the end of that (plus victories over the like of Pascal and Taylor), he would have to be a top 10 p4p guy and another champion who people were saying, "Who is left for him to fight?"

But Ward is one hell of a road block for the people near his weight class. I don't see Froch or Golovkin getting past him. How they do against each other, that's a toss-up IMO.

GGG vs. Froch would be sick, GGG would systematically break him down though.

GGG vs. Froch would be sick, GGG would systematically break him down though.
For a KO?

I don't think it's in Froch's DNA to get KOd. It's not just that he doesn't get concussed, but he doesn't even get cut or bruised much, despite walking down opponents with his hands out of position for good portions of his fights. I think that he's a guy who has that special bone/skin density that won't ever be stopped...well, maybe he can get stopped with body shots.

For a KO?

I don't think it's in Froch's DNA to get KOd. It's not just that he doesn't get concussed, but he doesn't even get cut or bruised much, despite walking down opponents with his hands out of position for good portions of his fights. I think that he's a guy who has that special bone/skin density that won't ever be stopped...well, maybe he can get stopped with body shots.

Exactly, the body shot is the key, he ended that way against Macklin. Then GGG, systematically breaks Curtis down with hard shots to the head and hard left hooks to the body. GGG shows great diversity in his striking he fights off the jab really well and is always attacking the part of the body that the opponent is not covering.

It's hilarious to me how people are still doubting this guy. Please explain why he has shown any reason to think he's overrated. Dude is a killer and shows great technical skills, p4p power, top notch killer instinct, and a great chin.

Some people choose somebody who they think is overrated, that person keeps winning, so the haters make excuses on their wins trying to downplay their performance in any desperate way they can find, then bite the fingernails of their shaking, clammy hands, hoping to God that this guy loses at some point so they can be "right" in the end. B/c everyone who loses is overrated, right?

GGG's a killer and he's proved it over the last few years. People are embarrassing themselves by trying to downplay his performances b/c there's literally no way that you can do that w/o sounding like a douchebag who's hating for no reason or just plain retarded.

"Omg, wait till he goes up to 168 and fights Ward, then that'll prove he's overrated." B/c losing to the second best fighter in the world means you're overrated, lol. I guess b/c he's a whiteboy who can punch and is from an exotic country means his hype is unfounded.

GGG's definitely beatable, everyone is, give the guy some credit and shut the fuck up. Everyone's wrong at some point, people who doubt GGG were wrong, live with it.

It's hilarious to me how people are still doubting this guy. Please explain why he has shown any reason to think he's overrated. Dude is a killer and shows great technical skills, p4p power, top notch killer instinct, and a great chin.

Some people choose somebody who they think is overrated, that person keeps winning, so the haters make excuses on their wins trying to downplay their performance in any desperate way they can find, then bite the fingernails of their shaking, clammy hands, hoping to God that this guy loses at some point so they can be "right" in the end. B/c everyone who loses is overrated, right?

GGG's a killer and he's proved it over the last few years. People are embarrassing themselves by trying to downplay his performances b/c there's literally no way that you can do that w/o sounding like a douchebag who's hating for no reason or just plain retarded.

"Omg, wait till he goes up to 168 and fights Ward, then that'll prove he's overrated." B/c losing to the second best fighter in the world means you're overrated, lol. I guess b/c he's a whiteboy who can punch and is from an exotic country means his hype is unfounded.

GGG's definitely beatable, everyone is, give the guy some credit and shut the fuck up. Everyone's wrong at some point, people who doubt GGG were wrong, live with it.

Yup...couldn't have said it better...some will find any reason to shit on certain fighters...

some act as if GGG won some controversial, shit split decision. he has practically mauled everyone in his path including his opponent last saturday.
Personally I think he fucks up Froch and JCC jr.

We see this same mentality here with Ruslan Prov...so many here were so sure that "simple boxing" would own Ruslan and that Alvarado would cruise to an easy victory.

Last edited:
Yup...couldn't have said it better...some will find any reason to shit on certain fighters...

some act as if GGG won some controversial, shit split decision. he has practically mauled everyone in his path including his opponent last saturday.

We see this same mentality here with Ruslan Prov...so many here were so sure that "simple boxing" would own Ruslan and that Alvarado would cruise to an easy victory.

Yeah it's just funny to me how people are so intent on being right about how overrated a fighter is. It's pussy shit to continue to make excuses in order to support your shitty hypothesis that Fighter A, in this case GGG, is somehow not worthy of any sort of hype b/c these people are too scared to scar their precious e-reputations b/c they might have been wrong about how good a fighter actually is.

It's the internet and it's only a few people, but all I'm saying is give credit where it's due instead of trying nitpick on how the fight played out. Opinions are just that, opinions, everyone is entitled to one, but I'm finding it pretty pathetic when some of these dudes get on here and try to deny the fact that GGG is a topnotch fighter and deserves his due credit. People who refuse to acknowledge that are either idiots or stubborn asswipes who need to check their egos. People were wrong about Golovkin, they need to stop being little bitches, a bunch of grown men acting like 12 y/o girls b/c they can't admit they were wrong. Funny to me.

He's not the greatest mw ever by any means but he's a very talented fighter and there's nothing people can say to legitimately refute that.

I agree about Chavez jr. but Froch is a tall order. I think the Froch/Groves fight will be a good litmus test as far as how golovkin would fair. Gennady is a better boxer than groves but a bit smaller. Ditto on Ruslan aswell, And to think GGG might just be a bigger ruslan with more skills.

GGG beats Kid Chocolate and Martinez. I'm unsure about Froch. I don't think GGG would stand a chance against Ward.

Yeah it's just funny to me how people are so intent on being right about how overrated a fighter is. It's pussy shit to continue to make excuses in order to support your shitty hypothesis that Fighter A, in this case GGG, is somehow not worthy of any sort of hype b/c these people are too scared to scar their precious e-reputations b/c they might have been wrong about how good a fighter actually is.

It's the internet and it's only a few people, but all I'm saying is give credit where it's due instead of trying nitpick on how the fight played out. Opinions are just that, opinions, everyone is entitled to one, but I'm finding it pretty pathetic when some of these dudes get on here and try to deny the fact that GGG is a topnotch fighter and deserves his due credit. People who refuse to acknowledge that are either idiots or stubborn asswipes who need to check their egos. People were wrong about Golovkin, they need to stop being little bitches, a bunch of grown men acting like 12 y/o girls b/c they can't admit they were wrong. Funny to me.

He's not the greatest mw ever by any means but he's a very talented fighter and there's nothing people can say to legitimately refute that.

Another great example of this is Matthysshe. After he lost to Danny Garcia you had so many people her, cry for joy, "I told you he was over rated!!" "He was exposed!!!" "Total hype job!!"

First off, he lost to Danny garcia, one of the top ten best in the world P4P. Prior to that, he was kicking everyone's ass and putting on great fights, great shows and great knock outs.

And we are going to see it with GGG if/when he loses. The same song and dance from the "I told you so" crowd.

You are dead on about the "E reputation" some people have here...some here are so reluctant to admit they are wrong when they are wrong.

People are still saying Provo is over rated, after what he did to Alvarado, and the beating he put on Tim Bradley...

haters gonna hate.

kovalev is next for the haters .

a hard hitting , technically gifted , fan pleasing fighter ? boooooo that man .

Back