Curtis Stevens, GGG=RIP

The possibility of GGG going up to Super MW in the next couple years has me wondering how he would have done against Joe Calzaghe. I think Calzaghe's slap style and movement would allow him to win a split decision.

Calzaghe would be bigger and faster. Add the fact that he was pretty damn hard to hurt and fought with a great pace and output, and I'd certainly favor Joe based on what we've seen so far of Golovkin.

Agree, Golovkin is a killer when he gets his rhythm but he seems a bit less effective when faced with a guy who is willing to take the fight to him.

The look on Stevens face directly after the first KD is pure gold. Respect to the guy for trying his best but he was outclassed bigtime in this one.

przemek garczarczyk ‏@garnekmedia

"More Loeffler: Murray is not the only fighter we're talking for Feb 1 in Monaco. We should announce who will fight GGG next week. #boxing"

Martin would be a very good test if it is him. Either way, I Can't wait to see GGG crown his next "Good Boy" recipient.

i1wd47.jpg

Exclusive pic of Stevens at the post-fight press conference:

goodboy.gif

przemek garczarczyk ‏@garnekmedia

"More Loeffler: Murray is not the only fighter we're talking for Feb 1 in Monaco. We should announce who will fight GGG next week. #boxing"

Wonder if Kirkland is a option. Him back with Wolfe make him a good option for the fans.

Wonder if Kirkland is a option. Him back with Wolfe make him a good option for the fans.

Kirkland fights in a few weeks, I think on Dec. 7th. That'd be a quick turnaround.

He shouldn't have much trouble with Glen Tapia, though. If it wasn't Christmas time, maybe it would be possible.

He shouldn't have much trouble with Glen Tapia, though. If it wasn't Christmas time, maybe it would be possible.

Glen going to beat him. Pretty easily too, this is his coming out party.

Back