Curtis Blaydes is going to smash Francis Ngannou.

giphy.gif

Idk about star potential. I don't think dana really wants to be in the ngannou biz anymore after the disappointment against stipe and embarrassment against beast. thus why their risking the guy getting handed his third straight loss on a big stage

Both guys wanted it, DC is off trying to fight Bork, and it seems Stipe only wants DC. Let them bang. Hopefully Blaydes avenges the loss and fights for the title in 2019.

Well I mean Francis did win the 1st one so......

UFC doesn't know what the f*ck they're doing these days. Pathetic fights on main cards, fights that you know will be terrible with a lot of stalling and point fighting.

Ngannou is marketable and this fight is a chance to get him to the top quickly. If Blaydes wins, he is a clear title challenger.

a good matchup like derrick lewis? honestly can't think of a better one...

but it can bring the lulz sometimes

Chad/Cody
Lewis/Potts
Rumble/Brenneman
etc...

Fuck hype.

The strong will survive and the weak will perish at the end of the day.

If he was championship material he would get through Blades.

If he's not, fuck him.

Preach. Same with people wanting Jon Jones to take an easy fight since he's rusty and for mcgregor to get a few tune up fights. If they're going to get called the greatest and treated like it, then they have to do what the greatest do. If the UFC preserved guys with star power from actual threats, we'd have a bunch of Michael Page's beating on local tough guys like squash matches in wrestlings territory days.

You could also flip the coin and say that it is probably a good fight for Ngannou to get his confidence back against an opponent he's already beaten.
The Lewis fight was supposed to give him his confidence back. Instead, he laid an egg which made Tim Sylvia's shitstain look good.

ran by a bunch of casuals

of course it is going to be dumb

Why give a guy with star potential like Ngannou a tough fight like Blaydes? He just lost his last two fights, do you want to bury him?

Give him a good matchup so he can KO him and get the hype back
I believe they're trying to turn blades into a star by giving him a chance to avenge his only loss Curtis is Young and he's one of the best young heavyweights in the UFC

Pretty pumped for Ngannou getting a bounce back win, but can’t say I’m surprised. I EXPECTED IT.

Been saying it for a while... Ngannou would MOP UP Blaydes with ease the second time around. Dudes just a one dimensional wrestler with JUCO creds and putrid Striking. His gameplan for every fight is running in face first for body locks to spam TDs.

Did any of you actually buy into the Blaydes hype train or did you know Ngannou was Dae Wae?

4C445A9E-110C-4CFA-A7C8-9167866CA888.jpeg

Agree. Easy fight to call. Blaydes had nothing for Ngannou in their first fight

Well, Stipe wrestled the brakes off of Francis, so it would not have been a total shocker to see Blaydes do the same.

That said, it really does appear that Ngannou has Curtis' number.

People who have watched blaydes must have missed the first few minutes of the Reem fight and the hunt fight where he got caught and rocked.

Ngannou doesn't give you a second chance.

Lmao these dumb assholes still dont realise ngannou has always been the GOAT

Here come all the "I knew it..easy fight to call" sherdog experts after the fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back